Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee
DRAFT Minutes of Meeting held on 4th January 2021 via zoom
Present E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, V Taylor, S Vaughan, B Wigmore
Apologies/Absent G Baker,
Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.
SV suggested we did not have a meeting in February as so little to discuss at the moment and asked those taking part in the current meeting to raise any ongoing issues that night, or by email later.
Treasurer’s Report DP had paid the electricity bill of £188 and credited both the WI and LOMCA for unused sessions. Caroline Harris to consult both groups to find out if they want the money paid back or held by us against future bookings. No 100 club draw due. DP suggested either scrapping the club altogether for the year normally starting in March or delaying until the summer. He said we could carry on as normal but only about half the holders were contactable by email plus a lot had withdrawn, mainly due to moving away, so we would need to try and find some new ones. Both these issues would make running the club more difficult during the Covid restrictions. It was agreed committee members would consider the points and let DP know what they thought best course of action to be.
Correspondence None received
1) EB had done a final clean since the Hall had been closed again
2) DP had managed to contact the builder who has now promised to do the work on the roof in February but asked DP to ring him near the end of January to remind him. DP offered to oversee the work including letting the roofer into the Hall if required.
Fund raising None, apart from grants received as noted in previous minutes.
1) DP had bought the Christmas gift for the accountant and SV those for Mr Rabbitts and EB
2) SV had received and granted a request from Truespeed via the Parish Council and VT to use the Hall car park for a few days this month to enable them to carry out some more work in the village
3) SV asked if anyone had heard from committee member Gill Baker lately and as they hadn’t said she would ring her in the next few days.
Date of next meeting Monday 1st March at 8pm, probably by zoom but to be decided later.