DRAFT   MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 17th January 2011

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present

Chris Cudmore – Chairman (CC), Rose Martin (RM) and Brenda Wigmore (BW).

Clerk – Sandrine Vaillant (SV).

 

The meeting was also attended by Ian Barnes and PCSO Yvonne Mears (part).

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

 

 

 

1.1

No apologies were received from Councillors.

Phil Ham (District Cllr) and Gloria Cawood (County Cllr) also advised that they would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

 

 

2.0

Declarations of Interest

 

 

 

 

2.1

No interest was declared.

 

 

 

 

3.0

Agreement to minutes of meeting held on 20/12/10 and Matters Arising

 

 

 

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 20th December 2010 were agreed as a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

 

 

3.2

(3.2) Churchyard – Chair updated the council on the situation. Copy of email from Cheryl Norton regarding the cutting back of the Yew trees was discussed. Clerk to contact C.Norton and Steve Clark to reiterate our wish for a site meeting (to also include representatives from the PCC).

 

Clerk to also ask C.Norton for S.Clark to look into the tree roots which are a trip hazard on the path leading up to the Church. Copy of email to PCC.

  

 

SV

 

 

SV

 

 

 

3.3

(3.4) New Village Sign – Grant application was submitted and confirmation of receipt by the Big Lottery Fund has been circulated. A decision is anticipated by the end January. Action complete. 

RM and BW also advised that Artist Jeff was keen to get involved with the community and to meet up with the councillors soon.

 

 

 

 

3.4

Coleford Recycling Centre – No progress at the moment. Meeting with SWP on Friday 11th February in Taunton; which PH will be attending and councillors are encouraged to attend if available. Detailed to be circulated.

 

CC/ALL

 

 

 

3.5

(3.7 & 3.8) County Ticket & Cuts in Adult Social Care – Draft letters were tabled at the meeting. Clerk to issue.

SV

 

 

 

3.6

(3.9) Nat West Bank Account – Clerk has visited the Bank where there is confusion over authorised signatories. Wait until next month to add new co-opted councillor and make sure all previous councillors have been removed from the Bank’s records. Ongoing.  

 

SV

 

 

 

3.7

(3.14) Refill of Grit Bins – Clerk spoke to R. Branchflower at SCC Highways who confirmed all bins in the County were topped up early in January. Action complete.

 

 

 

 

3.8

(4.1) Road Closure due to gas works – Letters were drafted and issued to SCC and First Bus; responses awaited. Action complete. 

 

 

 

 

3.9

(6.2) New Cemetery – Clerk has obtained name and address of department to contact at SCC. Letter querying possible purchase of land to be drafted and issued.

 

SV

 

 

 

3.10

(9.1) Library Consultation –

BW reported that Mobile Library is used by about 3 parishioners at the Park Hayes/telephone box stop. BW to ring SCC press office to find out definitive number of users.

 

Clerk to check with MO if he was able to find out any information about people using the mobile library at the Pub stop.

 

Chair confirmed that he had completed a questionnaire via the libraries website to oppose the cuts. No councillor was able to attend the consultation in Glastonbury.

 

 

BW

 

 

SV/MO

 

 

 

3.11

(11.1.1) Speed Watch – No recruits have come forward.

 

 

 

 

3.12

(11.3) Additional parking spaces in Park Hayes – See item 8.0 below.

 

 

 

 

4.0

District & County Councillors Reports

 

 

 

 

4.1

GC’s report was circulated prior to the meeting. Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

5.0

Finance

 

 

 

 

5.1

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 16th January 2011 was agreed and signed.

 

 

 

 

6.0

Cemetery

 

 

 

 

6.1

Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

7.0

Planning

 

 

 

 

7.1

Application 2010/3021; Great House Farm; Internal and External alterations – The plans were reviewed and discussed. CC proposed to support the application, RM seconded. It was unanimously agreed to support the application, which is returning the property closer to its original layout and exterior appearance.

 

 

 

 

8.0

Additional Parking spaces in Park Hayes

 

 

 

 

8.1

A plan of the area was reviewed and the proposed location of the additional parking spaces was discussed (on grass area outside Nos 23-27 Park Hayes). Clerk to write to MDC to assess who owns the land and the way forward to convert some space into car parking area.


 

SV

 

 

 

9.0

Councillors’ Reports

 

 

 

 

9.1

PCSO – YM stated that December had been quiet, probably due to the weather conditions, albeit for the theft of 2 grit bins in LoM.

·      Police focussing work on shed and garage thefts.

·      It was advised that a resident had reported seeing someone looking around the Vicarage, which is currently for sale, with a torch at night.

·      YM also informed that the parking situation around the garage was being monitored.

 

 

 

 

9.2

Footpaths – Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

9.3

Highways – Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

9.4

Rec Field – Next meeting date tbc. One tree has been cut down for maintenance, further tree surgery is planned to make the trees safe.

 

 

 

 

9.5

Memorial Hall – Nothing further to report. Upcoming events:-

·      Village Litter pick; Saturday 12th March. Clerk to check the minutes about aid to organise the pickup and liaise with C. Harris.

·      Quiz night; Saturday 26th March 2010.

 

 

SV

 

 

 

9.6

School – Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

9.7

SALC – Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

9.8

Quarry – Nothing further to report.

Next meetings on 17th March and 13th October 2011.

 

 

 

 

10.0

Meetings attended (including training courses)/to be attended

 

 

 

 

10.1

Meetings to be attended:-

·         East Mendip Community Partnership – 18th January. No one able to attend.

·         Parish Forum; 31st January – CC to attend.

 

 

CC

 

 

 

11.0

Correspondence

 

 

 

 

11.1

The following emails were circulated before the meeting:-

·         Amendments to speed indicator

·         Agenda for East Mendip Community Partnership Mtg; 18.01.11

·         Agenda for Parish Forum; 31.01.11

·         Emails from C.Norton regarding cemetery maintenance

·         Email from J.Bunting re. Additional parking spaces at Park Hayes

·         Journal of Local planning; Localism Bill

·         Rural Services Network

·         SLCC Newsletter

 

 

 

 

11.2

The following correspondence was circulated following the meeting:-

·         Confirmation letter from The Big Lottery Fund

·         Reply letters from SCC re. Coleford Recycling Centre

·         Letter from Department for Culture, Media and Sport, re. Queens Jubilee

·         Thank you letter from Victim Support

·         Letter from Leigh On Mendip 1st School

·         SALC Newsletter re. Localism Bill

·         SCC letter re. Transport for NHS appointments

·         Leaflet re. Great Poppy weekend

·         Tarmac sustainability report summary 2009/10

·         Copy of email from C. Norton re. maintenance of Closed Churchyard

·         January editions of: Parishes Information Bulletin; The Clerk; Clerks & Councils Direct.

 

 

 

 

12.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

 

 

 

12.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on 21st February 2011, at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall, Committee Room.