MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 16th May 2011

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present

Chris Cudmore – Chairman (CC), Ian Barnes (IB), Rose Martin (RM) and Brenda Wigmore (BW; in part).

Clerk – Sandrine Vaillant (SV).

 

The meeting was also attended in part by Phil Ham (PH) and Val Horler (VH), District Councillors, and 6 members of the public.

 

 

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

1.1

No apologies were received.

 

 

 

 

2.0

Confirmation that Quorum is present

 

2.1

It was confirmed that a quorum of 3 elected councillors was present.

 

 

 

 

3.0

Signing of Acceptance of Office Forms for Elected Councillors

 

3.1

All forms were returned and signed by the Clerk.  

 

 

 

 

4.0

Election of Chairman & Vice Chairman

 

4.1

BW proposed that CC is re-elected as chairman (RM seconded, all agreed).

CC accepted the office of chairman and the relevant form was signed.

 

 

 

 

5.0

Co-Option of Councillors

 

5.1

CC proposed to co-opt IB on the council (BW seconded; all agreed). The relevant form was signed.  

 

 

 

 

6.0

Signing of Register of Interest Forms

 

6.1

All forms were returned to the Clerk for forwarding to MDC.

 

 

 

 

 

BW left the meeting.

 

 

 

 

7.0

Minutes of the last Annual Parish Council Meeting and matters Arising

 

7.1

The minutes of the meeting held 17th May 2010 were agreed as a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

 

 

7.2

Matters arising:-

(6.2) The annual return was sent to Moore Stephens. Action complete.

(9.1) Somerset Aggregates Paper – A workshop was attended to discuss the paper. Action complete.   

 

 

 

 

8.0

Election of Representatives

 

8.1

This item was deferred to the next meeting.

SV

 

 

 

9.0

Finance

 

9.1

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 15th May 2011 was agreed and signed. Clerk to insert the budget figures on top of the spreadsheet.

 

SV

 

 

 

9.2

Agreement to Annual Return (Internal Auditor’s Report) – The annual Return was reviewed, including the internal auditor’s report, and signed.

 

 

 

 

9.3

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses - Clerk’s invoice dated 16th May 2011 was agreed. Cheques # 616 and #617 (HMRC portion) were signed.

 

 

 

 


 

9.4

Payment of Invoice for printing Annual Newsletter – Clerk advised she had a query on the invoice. To be paid at the next meeting.

 

SV

 

 

 

9.5

Parish insurance Renewal – On Clerk’s recommendations, it was agreed to switch cover to Came & Co who provided a competitive quotation. Cheque #618 was signed.  

 

 

 

 

10.0

Cemetery  

 

10.1

Mowing invoice – D. Jarvis’ invoice dated 28th April 2011 was agreed. Cheque #108 was signed.

 

 

 

 

11.0

Planning

 

11.1

Planning Application 2011/0848; Repositioning 1 window opening and creating 1 new window opening and 1 door opening; Great House Farm, Leigh On Mendip – After reviewing the plans, it was agreed that the proposed works had no impact at all on the external appearance of the property and it was felt that the parish had nothing to add. CC proposed (IB seconded, all agreed) to leave it to the planning officer.

 

 

 

 

12.0

Urgent Updates by Councillors

 

12.1

District Councillor’s Report – PH introduced Val Horler to the Council, who has been elected on the planning board (MDC). She is hoping to attend PC meetings regularly.

 

 

 

 

12.2

PH is hopeful to continue his work on behalf of the parish council as he has done in the past.

 

 

 

 

12.3

Planning – Few decisions have been made recently due to illness and recent changes in the department. PH will investigate outstanding applications.

 

 

 

 

13.0

Meetings to be attended

 

13.1

·      Councillor Training – IB to attend meeting at Nunney Village Hall on 7th June.

·      PCSO - Next meeting in Frome on Thursday 19th May. RM to attend.

IB

RM

 

 

 

14.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

14.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on 20th June 2011, at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall, Committee Room.