MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 19th December 2011

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present

Chris Cudmore – Chairman (CC), A Dagger (AD), R Martin (RM) and B Wigmore (BW).

 

In attendance: S Vaillant (SV; Clerk), P Ham (PH) and V Horler (VH), District Councillors.

 

 

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

1.1

Apologies were received from Ian Barnes (IB) and Jake Smith (JS).

 

 

 

 

2.0

Declaration of Interest

 

2.1

No interest was declared.

 

 

 

 

3.0

Minutes of the meeting held on 21/11/11 and matters arising

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 21st November 2011 were agreed as a true and accurate record of the meeting held, with the following amendments:-

·      Item 5.2 should read ‘Planning Application 2011/2109’ not 2011/210.

 

 

 

 

3.2

(3.2) Condition of path through Sparks Farm – IB not present. Ongoing.

IB

 

 

 

3.3

(3.3) Patient Participation Group – Parish contact details were emailed to the practice manager. Action complete.

 

 

 

 

3.4

(3.6) Somerset Electoral Review – Chair reported that the Council will have the opportunity to comment directly to the local government boundary commission consultation,  which will run from 21st February to 2nd April 2012.

 

 

 

 

3.5

(3.8) Footpath at Manor Farm – IB not present. Ongoing.

IB

 

 

 

3.6

(3.9) Oil Scheme – Notices to be displayed on the notice boards. 

SV

 

 

 

3.7

(8.2) Narrowing of the road at Townsend – JS not present. Ongoing.

JS

 

 

 

3.8

(8.8) Village Signs – Licences were handed to RM at the meeting.

Clerk to forward insurance schedule to RM for future reference.

 

SV

 

 

 

4.0

Co-Option of Councillor

 

4.1

Following Alan Dagger’s introduction to the council, BW proposed (RM seconded, all agreed) that he be co-opted as Parish Councillor. The relevant forms were signed. AD to return declaration of interest form to Clerk at January meeting.

 

 

AD

 

 

 

 

BW left the meeting.

 

 

 

 

5.0

County & District Councillors Reports

 

5.2

VH (District Councillor, MDC) updated the council as follows:-

·      Patient Participation Group – First meeting to be held in January.

·      Coleford Pharmacy – No premises have been identified yet.

·      Dave Woodbridge is now the Planning Enforcement Officer at MDC (instead of Max Gridley).

 

 

 

 

5.2

PH (District Councillor, MDC) updated the council as follows:-

·      Coleford Recycling Centre has been secured for another financial year.

·      A new planning software package has been agreed for MDC from 1st April.

·      Confirmed Council Tax would remain the same (0% rise)

 

 

 

 

6.0

Waste Core Strategy 

 

6.1

Chair stated the strategy did not affect the village. No comments.

 

 

 

 

7.0

Minerals Strategy Consultation (inc. Fracking)

 

7.1

It was agreed to ask the Minerals Policy Manager to attend a meeting, inviting neighbouring councils, to give a short presentation with Q&A session.

 

SV

 

 

 

8.0

Parking Strategy Consultation

 

8.1

The aspect of the strategy dealing with off-street parking in the village was discussed; Chair stated that the current strategy to reduce available parking spaces to encourage public transport did not work, and that it was now proposed to impose more parking to planning permissions. The numbers affecting our village seemed reasonable. It was agreed not to comment.

 

 

 

 

8.2

The consultation does not conflict with the Village Design Statement.

 

 

 

 

9.0

Planning

 

9.1

Latest status of existing applications/decisions:-

·      App. 2011//2061; Fox Hollow front porch – no decision

·      App. 2011/2397; Grove Shute Farm; Conversion to barn – Approved with conditions.  

·      App. 2011/2109; Rookery Farmhouse – no decision

·      App. 2011/2329; LJH Group Ltd – no decision

·      App. 2011/1916; Grove Shute Farm East – no decision

 

 

 

 

10.0

Finance

 

10.1

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 18th December 2011 was agreed and signed.

 

 

 

 

10.2

Transfer of monies from savings account to current account – CC proposed (AD seconded, all agreed) to transfer £2,000 from the savings account to the current account.

 

 

SV

 

 

 

10.3

Budget 2012/13 & Precept – The Recreation Field / Youth Club for Skate park project; total cost around £21,000, grant request of £1,500 – Chair stated that £600 of the grant budget was not spent this year, and we could budget another £1,000 next year.

 

 

 

 

10.3.1

CC to draft budget and proposed precept to be agreed at January meeting.

CC/SV

 

 

 

10.4

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses – Clerk’s invoice dated 19th December 2011 was agreed. Cheque #647 to be signed once cheque book is received.   

 

 

 

 

10.5

Invoice from MDC for delivery and recovery of election papers – invoice dated 01st December 2011 was agreed. Cheque #648 to be signed.

 

 

 

 

10.6

SLCC membership renewal – Renewal of Clerk’s membership was agreed. Cheque #649 to be signed.  

 

 

 

 

10.7

Invoices were agreed for Village Stone expenses as follows (Big Lottery Grant):-

·      Valley sawmills’ invoice for frames was agreed.

·      Hire of digger to prepare ground for the stones.

Cheque #651 to be signed (reimbursement of above invoices to F. Higgins).

 

 

 

VH & PH leave the meeting.

 

 

10.8

Grant request from Mendip Citizens Advice Bureau – It is felt that the Bureau provides a good services available to all residents. CC proposed (AD seconded, all agreed) to grant £25. Cheque #652 to be signed.

 

 

 

 

11.0

Cemetery  

 

11.1

BW to ask R. Cambourne to present an invoice for this year’s work.

Trimmings in neighbouring gardens following cutting back of hedge -  R. Cambourne advised that he was not sure about going round to the other side of the wall as it seemed to be private land.

BW

 

 

 

12.0

Councillors’ Report

 

12.1

PCSO – next meeting in early February. Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

12.2

Footpaths – IB not present. Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

12.3

Highways – JS not present.

RM agreed to drop some salt/grit bags to Park Hayes.

CC mentioned the built-up of mud in the middle of lanes; to be monitored.

 

 

 

 

12.4

Rec Field – RM reported as follows:-

·      Successful bingo event was held.

·      Fund raising effort by children from Youth Club for Skate Park (Christmas disco); RM asked what the procedure was to put a planning application for the skate park in the Recreation Field.

·      Whist Drives continuing in January, February & March.

 

 

 

 

12.5

Memorial Hall – BW sent a report before the meeting, which was read.  

 

 

 

 

12.6

School – BW not present. Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

12.7

SALC – Clerk unable to attend meeting in Street. Nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

12.8

Quarry – Nothing to report. 

 

 

 

 

12.9

Village Signs – Stones will be put in place in January or February following a meeting to discuss what is needed to obtain authorisation for Rick to do the work himself. Anticipated inauguration on Saturday 10th March.

 

 

 

 

13.0

Meetings attended / to be attended.

 

13.1

Meetings attended:-

·       Parish Forum 28/11/11; CC attended and circulated notes from the meeting.

 

Meetings to be attended:-

·       Planning Training for Councillors – 18th January, 2pm & 6pm, MDC offices

·       Growing connections in Mendip – Tuesday 31st January. 7-9pm. RM to attend.

 

 

 

 

14.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

14.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on 16th January 2011, at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall, Committee Room.