DRAFT MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 20th February 2012

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present

C Cudmore – Chairman (CC), R Martin (RM), and B Wigmore (BW).

 

In attendance: S Vaillant (SV; Clerk), V Horler (VH), District Councillor and 3 members of the public.  

 

 

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

1.1

Apologies were received from I Barnes (IB) and A Dagger (AD).

P Ham (District Councillor) and G Cawood (Country Councillor) also advised they would not be able to attend.

 

 

 

 

2.0

Declaration of Interest

 

2.1

No interest was declared.

 

 

 

 

2.2

Chair advised that the order of the meeting would be altered to accommodate members of the public present.

 

 

 

 

2.3

A meeting was organised for Tuesday 28th February to discuss:-

·      Planning Application 2011/1916; Grove Shute Farm East

·      Cemetery Contract

·      Agreement of expenses for Skate Park Planning Application

 

 

 

 

3.0

Minutes of the meeting held on 16/01/12 and matters arising (where not dealt with on the agenda)

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 16th January 2012 were agreed as a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

 

 

3.2

(3.2) Condition of path through Sparks Farm – IB not present. Ongoing.

IB

 

 

 

3.3

(3.3) Footpath at Manor Farm – IB not present. Ongoing.

IB

 

 

 

3.4

(11.2) Gate by water trough on path beyond Pitten House – IB to investigate and repair if necessary.

 

IB

 

 

 

3.5

(11.5) Memorial Hall Car Park – Clerk to search through Memorial Deeds for information regarding the boundary.

 

SV

 

 

 

3.6

(11.7) Thank you letters were issued to F Higgins and R Massey for their contributions to the village signs.

 

 

 

 

4.0

District Councillors Reports

 

4.1

VH (District Councillor, MDC) reminded the council about the Parish Forum meeting, organised by SCC, at the Bath & West on 27th Feb.

 

 

 

 

5.0

Minerals Option Strategy Consultation

 

5.1

Chair to email PC’s draft response for all councillors to review and comment on by 24 Feb and then issue.

 

CC/ALL

 

 

 

6.0

Parish Plan Review 

 

6.1

It was agreed that the plan was still a working document and it was not necessary to undertake the exercise again.

CC agreed to extract outstanding short-term and long-term actions and circulate electronically.

 

 

 

CC

 

 

 

7.0

Planning

 

7.1

Latest status of existing applications/decisions:-

·      App. 2011//2061; Fox Hollow front porch – no decision

·      App. 2011/2109; Rookery Farmhouse – no decision.

 

 

 

 

7.2

Planning Application 2011/1916 amended; Grove Shute Farm East; Erection of Detached double garage – Due to agenda omission , it was agreed to hold an extra meeting on Tuesday 28th February to discuss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VH leaves the meeting.

 

 

 

 

8.0

Finance

 

8.1

Financial Statement – Financial statement to 19th February 2012 was agreed and signed.

 

 

 

 

8.2

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses – Clerk’s invoice dated 20th February 2012 was agreed. Cheque #655 was signed.

 

 

 

 

8.3

Invoices were agreed for Village Stone expenses as follows (Big Lottery Grant):-

·      Hiring of Memorial Hall. Cheque #656 was signed.

·      Bulbs for Landscaping. Cheque #657 was signed.

·      Workforce for installation of stones. Cheque #658 was signed.

·      CC proposed to agree the ‘expenses committed’, BW seconded, all agreed.

 

 

 

 

8.4

As the project must be completed by 31st March 2012, it was agreed to allow the clerk to prepare and issue cheques for all outstanding invoices, up to the total budget of £6,000 (amount of grant received for the project). BW to drop all outstanding invoices to the Clerk for processing.

 

 

 

BW/SV

 

 

 

9.0

Cemetery  

 

9.1

Quotations for grass cutting and hedge trimming – Only one quotation was received. It was agreed to chase D. Jarvis and discuss at the meeting to be held on 28th February 2012. R. Cambourne declined to quote for the season.  Clerk to chase D. Jarvis.

 

 

 

SV

 

 

 

10.0

Councillors’ Reports

 

10.1

PCSO – Last meeting was cancelled. Nothing further to report.

New PCSO for the Village:- Benjamin Green, Frome Police Station, who can be contacted on Police No 101 or at benjamin.green@avonandsomerset.police.uk.

Clerk to update information on notice boards.

 

 

 

SV

 

 

 

10.2

Footpaths – The following has been reported:-

·      Gate on path from Stocks Lane towards Rec Field: spring has become detached.

·      3rd Gate from Leigh Street, end of Rick Massey’s second field; Wooden step is broken and there is a nail sticking out: urgent maintenance required.  

 

 

 

 

10.3

Highways – Residents have reported recycling lorries cutting the corner of the grassed area in Park Hayes and damaging the grass. Clerk to report to SWP.

 

SV

 

 

 

10.3.1

Village clean up organised by WI on Saturday 17th March 2012, 2pm. It was agreed that the pavement to Barns Close did not require a repeat of last year’s maintenance work.

Members of the Parish Council were encouraged to attend.

 

 

 

 

10.4

Rec Field – RM and D. Pattison presented the plans for the proposed skate park for which a planning application needs to be submitted to extend the tarmac’ed area. The following was discussed:-

·         Existing Rec Field insurance will cover the use of the ramps

·         The project does meet one of the village plans objectives.

·         It is led by youngsters from the village, who have been raising money to make the project possible.

 

It was unanimously agreed to support the project and to submit the planning application for the skate park.

Cost of £85 to MDC for submission of the planning application to be agreed at the meeting to be held on 28th February 2012.

 

 

 

 

 

Upcoming events:

Race Night (fund raiser for Skate Park) - 3rd March; 7.30pm start.

 

 

 

 

10.5

Memorial Hall – Bren updated on recent activity. Upcoming events:-

Village Quiz Night – 24th March 2012, bar: 7.30pm, quiz: 8.00pm.

 

 

 

 

10.6

SALC – Area Meeting 5th March. Clerk and CC to attend.

 

 

 

 

10.7

Village Signs – Unveiling day on 4th March 2010, 2pm at Townsend.

Councillors to help distribute leaflets.

 

 

 

 

10.7.1

The following was discussed:-

·      Visibility of the relief at night time (ability to read the name of the village);

·      Neighbourhood Watch signs to be displayed in different place.

·      Auction of the old signs – It is proposed to auction them at the next village fair and add the monies to the proceeds of the fair to be shared between all the village groups.

 

 

 

 

10.8

School – Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

10.9

Quarry – Next meeting Thurs 15th March, 10am. AD to attend for CC

AD

 

 

 

10.10

Chair asked Rec Field and Memorial Hall committees’ representatives to remind their presidents to attend the Annual Parish Meeting, which will be held on 21st May 2012.

 

 

BW/RM

 

 

 

11.0

Meetings attended / to be attended.

 

11.1

Meetings attended:-

·       Planning Training – CC and SV attended. Slides to be circulated.

·       Minerals Option Meeting – CC and SV attended.

·       Growing connections – RM reported and a brief discussion followed regarding allotments.

 

Meetings to be attended:-

·       Local Choice Event(Parish Forum) - Monday 27th Bath & West, 7.00pm.

·       Extra Parish Meeting – Tuesday 28th Feb, 7.30pm.

·       SALC East Area Meeting – Monday 5th March, Coxley, 7.30pm.

·       Beat Surgery – Wed. 7th March, British Legion Car park, Coleford, 12 noon.

·       Police Liaison meeting – Thursday 8th March

·       Quarry Meeting - 15th March 2012, 10am, Halecombe Quarry Office

 

SV

 

 

 

 

CC

ALL

CC/SV

 

RM

AD

 

 

 

12.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

12.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on 19th March 2012, at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall, Committee Room.