DRAFT  MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

held on 21st May 2012

 at 8pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present: C Cudmore (CC; Chair), I Barnes (IB), A Dagger (AD) and J Smith (JS).

In attendance: S Vaillant (SV; Clerk), V Horler (VH) and P Ham (PH), District Councillors, and 11 members of the public.

 

 

Action

1.0

Report from the Parish Council

 

1.1

Chairman’s Report was read.

 

 

 

 

1.2

Chair thanked RM for her contribution to the Parish Council and the community over the last few years.

 

 

 

 

1.3

Chair thanked our District Councillors, Val Horler and Philip Ham, for their attendance at the meetings, continued support and advice.

 

 

 

 

1.4

Chair thanked our County Councillor, Gloria Cawood, for her support over the year.

 

 

 

 

1.5

Chair thanked Clerk, Sandrine Vaillant, for her work and advice.

 

 

 

 

1.6

Cemetery - The situation regarding the grass cutting in the cemetery was explained and discussed. Chair also mentioned the need to extend (or open a new cemetery), which is being explored.

 

 

 

 

1.7

Village signs – A big thank you was extended to Vicki Taylor, Rose Martin, Brenda Wigmore and the Clerk for pushing the project forward and to all those who helped in the village.

 

 

 

 

1.8

Potholes – Chair encouraged those present to report potholes directly to SCC.

 

 

 

 

1.9

Highways - A new soakway is to be installed outside the entrance to Tarmac, Halecombe Quarry

 

 

 

 

1.10

Clerk to ask Highways to clear gulley outside Great House Farm

SV

 

 

 

1.11

Fly-tipping – PH informed that a lot has been put in place by MDC to deal with the problem.

 

 

 

 

1.12

Footpaths & Rights of Way issues – Any disagreements or problems to be referred to SCC.

 

 

 

 

1.13

Quarry – AD reported on meeting attended with Tarmac.

·      Confirmed intent to ring-fence the monies paid into the Long Term Management Fund for upkeep of quarry after extraction has finished.

·      The work of the quarry with the school children was noted, together with opening of new footpaths.

 

 

 

 

1.14

The Chair thanked the councillors for their effort and time this year.

 

 

 

 

2.0

Report from Recreation Field Management Committee

 

2.1

Report was read by Vicky Higgins.

·      Improvements. Particular thanks were extended to David, Matthew, Julian and all volunteers who have helped over the year;

·      Planning Application for skate park;

·      Fund raising – Thanks to Jan and Anne for their work for the Rec Field and wished them well.

·      Thanked all committee members for their work, particularly Rose Martin as PC representative who has done a fantastic job and a great member of the community.

 

 

 

 

2.2

Chair thanked the committee for their work.

 

 

 

 

3.0

Report from Memorial Hall Committee

 

3.1

Report was read by Sue Vaughan.

·      Personnel. Thanks were extended to Keith Cockroft who left the committee this year. Denis Pattison has taken over the role of Treasurer;

·      Thanks to Vanessa Barnes also left as ‘under 5’ representative and was replaced by new member Emma Brooks;

·      Maintenance, bookings and funding update;

·      Big thank you to the committee members and their partners for all their work.

 

 

 

 

4.0

Open Meeting

 

4.1

Grass Cutting at Cemetery was raised and discussed. Clerk and IB to inspect after second cut and monitor. Clerk to ask Chris Perkins to do an extra cut before the flower festival.

 

SV/IB

 

 

 

4.2

Union flag for Church tower – Following requests from parishioners, it was agreed to purchase a new union flag for the PCC. Clerk to organise.

 

SV

 

 

 

4.3

Asham Wood – PH advised Torr Works Application for a wind turbine will be discussed at Coleford next week.

 

 

 

 

4.4

Footpath along Church Walk is overgrown with brambles and stinging nettles - IB offered to clear the path before the flower festival.

Clerk to ask MDC to clear the path while undertaking the mowing at Bellfield.

 

IB

SV

 

 

 

4.5

Lettering on the village signs not visible enough, particularly at night - Chair confirmed Jeff Body had an action to monitor the situation, which it is hoped will improve with time and the ageing of the stones/signs.