DRAFT  MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 16th July  2012

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present: C Cudmore – Chairman (CC), A Dagger (AD) and B Wigmore (BW).

In attendance: S Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and P Ham (PH) District Councillor.  

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

1.1

Apologies were received from J Smith (JS) and I Barnes (IB).   

G Cawood (County Councillor) and V Horler (District Councillor) also advised they would not be able to attend the meeting.

 

 

2.0

Declaration of Interest

 

2.1

No interest was declared.

 

 

3.0

Minutes of the meeting held on 18/06/12 and matters arising

 

3.1

The minutes were agreed as a true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

3.2

(5.4) Clearance of gulley outside Great House Farm Clerk noted that the lorry had been round and the drain perhaps cleaned. JS to confirm.

 

 

3.3

(5.6) Bramble along Church Walk - SV to request that MDC’s contractors routinely strim and clear the path while undertaking the mowing at Bellfield.

 

SV

 

3.4

(5.7) Visibility of lettering on Village Stones – BW to organise meeting with Jeff Body.

BW

 

3.5

(6.1) Application for wind turbine in Coleford – No comments were made; no further action.

 

 

3.6

(6.4) Local Grant applicant – Clerk to remind Jeff Bunting about local transport grant application, with copy to Jake.

 

 

SV

3.7

(6.5) Weed killing – GC to find out what the Parish Council is allowed to do itself.

 

GC

3.8

(6.6) Overgrown verges – The verges were cut last week, however, GC to find out how often they are scheduled to be cut for future reference.

 

GC

 

3.9

(10.5.1) Clerk to organise visit of Grove Shute Farm with N Hiscox, early in September before the next meeting.

 

 

SV

4.0

District & County Councillors Reports

 

4.1

G Cawood’s report, which was emailed before the meeting, was noted.

 

 

5.0

Parish Plan Actions

 

5.1

BW tabled updated list of actions, which was read through and updated as appropriate.

It was agreed to action the following:-

·      Information posted on the website will also be displayed in the telephone box.

·      Village neighbourhood sign; BW to pass to Chris for erection around Townsend.

·      Sign posts on main roads to be reviewed (junction Pitten Lane and Whitehole Hill – has not fingers but post in situ; Old Frome Road down Townsend lane has not post; could we have one).

·      Dog bins; Purchase of additional dog bin to be discussed at September meeting. Clerk to obtain price.

 

 

 

CC

 

 

 

SV

 

SV

5.2

It was agreed that a lot of the communication issues may be solved by displaying information in the telephone box.

 

 

5.3

CC to update the Action List and circulate to Councillors for approval.

 

CC

6.0

Chairman’s Award for Services to the Community

 

6.1

No nomination was put forward.

 

 

7.0

Mendip Strimmer Project

 

7.1

It was agreed to declare an interest for one person, although we would like confirmation of the clearance schedule currently undertaken by SCC.

 

 

CC

8.0

New Code of Conduct

 

8.1

CC proposed to pay for the Clerk and BW to attend the training organised by SALC on 7th August. All agreed.

 

 

9.0

Finance

 

9.1

Financial Statement – Financial Statement to 15th July 2012 was agreed and signed.  

 

 

9.2

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses – Clerk’s invoice dated 16th July 2012 was agreed. Cheque #685 was signed.

 

 

10.0

Cemetery  

 

10.1

Payment of invoice for Grass Cutting – C Perkins’ invoice for cuts up to 1st June 2012 was agreed. Cheque #115 was signed.

 

 

10.2

Clerk to ask that the hedge is cut back in the new cemetery (taking care to avoid cuttings going over to the other side of the wall to neighbouring gardens).

 

 

SV

11.0

Planning

 

11.1

Latest status of existing applications/decisions:-

·      App. 2011/2061; Fox Hollow front porch – no decision; Appeal with Planning inspectorate in Bristol; decision likely in the next few weeks.

·      App. 2011/2109; Rookery Farmhouse – no decision.

·      App. 2011/3232 & 3235; Halecombe Quarry – no decision.

·      App. 2012/0930; Rec Field, Leigh on Mendip – no decision.

·      App. 2012/1017; Grove Shute Farm, Variation of Condition – no decision

·      App. 2012/1125; 15 Park Hayes; single storey extension – Approved.

 

 

11.2

Application for pharmacist in Coleford – CC proposed to reply as per recommended by the practice (BW seconded, all agreed).

 

 

CC

12.0

Councillors’ Report

 

12.1

PCSO – Speeding cars should be reported to PCSO Ben Green if found to be a problem.

 

 

12.2

Footpaths – Nothing further to report. Email from a resident, pointing out overgrown footpaths, was noted.

 

 

12.3

Highways – Clerk advised that parish representatives had been invited to attend a meeting at the Highways Depot in Glastonbury to meet the contractors and discuss issues. It was agreed that JS would attend with Clerk.

Advice of road closure to be displayed on noticeboards.

 

 

 

JS/SV

SV

12.4

Rec Field – AD reported on recent meeting.

 

 

12.4.1

Despite the wet weather, it was noted that the fair had made as much money as last year; and that additional money was also raised from the barn dance. (£640 to each village group).

 

 

12.5

Memorial Hall – BW reported on recent meeting.

 

 

12.6

School – BW’s report was noted. 

 

 

 

12.6.1

Mowing of Recreation Field – AD to ask Rec Field Committee to make proposals for the future maintenance of the field, in anticipation of the school declining to carry on with the upkeep due to budget restraints.

 

 

12.7

Quarry – nothing further to report.

 

 

 

 

13.0

Meetings to be attended

 

13.1

Code of Conduct training – 7th August. SV and BW to attend. 7th August.

PCSO – Thursday 19th at Frome Police Station. Not able to represent.

Parish Forum – 30th July. CC to attend.

 

 

14.0

Correspondence

 

15.1

 

Local Government Boundary Commission – clerk tabled letter with final proposals. CC to check.

 

 

CC

15.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

15.1

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on 17th September 2012, at 7.30pm at the Memorial Hall, Committee room.

 

 

15.2

There will not be a meeting in August.