DRAFT  MINUTES

 

LEIGH ON MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on 21st January 2013

 at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall

 

 

Councillors Present: C Cudmore – Chairman (CC), G Boden (GB) I Barnes (IB), A Dagger (AD), D Mattick (DM) and D Sparkes (DS)

In attendance: S Vaillant (SV; Clerk) and 3 members of the public.

 

 

 

Action

1.0

Apologies

 

1.1

No apologies were received and the full council was in attendance.

 

 

2.0

Declarations of Interest & Dispensations

 

2.1

No interest was declared.

 

 

2.2

Dispensations - After review of application, Clerk granted an indefinite dispensation for all councillors with a property in the parish to be allowed to discuss budget and precept figures.

 

 

3.0

Co-option of Councillors

 

3.1

There were no councillors to co-opt. however, two new residents have expressed an interest in joining the council.

 

 

4.0

Minutes of meeting held on 17.12.12 and matters arising (where not dealt with later)

 

4.1

The minutes of the meeting were agreed as true and accurate record of the meeting held.

 

 

4.2

(4.3) Delegation of business to clerk in case of non-quorum – There are now six councillors on the council and only one vacancy. It was agreed not to pursue further. Action complete. 

 

 

 

4.3

(8.2) Change to the number of signatures required - Clerk to organise changes with the bank, together with adding new councillors as signatories. Ongoing.

 

 

SV

4.4

(12.1) New Village Packs – CC to update village pack. Clerk to then obtain quotation to have new packs printed.

 

 

CC/SV

5.0

District & County Councillors Reports

 

5.1

No District or County Councillor in attendance. 

 

 

6.0

Consultations  

 

6.1

Mendip District Local Development Plan – Noted; no response.

 

 

6.2

Somerset Minerals Plan: Preferred Options Consultation – Clerk to order a printed copy of the documentation for circulation.  Response to be formulated next month.

 

 

SV

7.0

Part Night Lighting

 

7.1

It was unanimously agreed to be part of the first pilot, on the understanding that it is a pilot and that the Council will be able to comment on the impact later on. Clerk to reply to SCC.

 

 

 

8.0

Planning

 

8.1

Latest status of existing applications/decisions:-

·      App. 2011/3232; Halecombe Quarry (variation of conditions) – no decision.

·      App. 2011/2109 & 2110; Rookery Farmhouse – no decision.

·      App. 2012/2354; Land South of Old Wells Rd; Bristol Water – no decision.

·      App. 2012/2914; Roundhill Cottage, Tadhill; Insertion of new windows, replace all existing windows and internal alterations – Approved w/c.

 


 

8.2

Planning Application 2012/2982; Land at Soho Farm, Soho; Installation of a Solar PV array and associated infrastructure – The application was discussed as follows:-

·      DS to speak to the residents at Soho Cottages to obtain their opinion.

·      Ensure South hedge is protected and not cut down to allow for light to access the panels

·      Press for environmental planting on South and West sides, why does it stop?

 

Decision on response to MDC to be made at next meeting.

 

 

 

DS

8.3

Pre-application consultation: Grove Shute Farm – Nick Hiscox and his agent, Chris Langdon, informed the council of the current use of the farm/site and outlined proposals for its regeneration. Nick Hiscox expressed his wish to consult with the parish council and the community to see what would be best for him, the site and the village and to gather views before an application is put forward. It was agreed to attend a public site meeting to view options. Mr Hiscox to agree a date and publicise locally.

 

Clerk to check with SALC how the PC should engage with pre-application consultations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SV

9.0

Finance

 

9.1

Financial Statement – Financial Statement to 20th January 2013 was agreed and signed.

 

 

9.2

Budget/Precept 2013/14 – The budget tabled was reviewed and unanimously agreed.

It was also unanimously agreed to request a precept of £6,100 with the Support Grant to be added on top.

 

 

 

SV

9.3

The following invoices/payments were agreed and cheques signed:-

                                                                                                                                 £

699     S Vaillant; Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                                                          208.82

                                                                                                                                  

 

10.0

Councillors’ Reports

 

10.1

Highways – CC reported as follows:-

·      Signs on the Townsend Lane junction with Old Wells Road have now been installed.

·      Finger on post at Whitehole Hill/Pitten Street junction has now disappeared again.  Clerk to report.

 

 

 

 

SV

10.2

Rec Field – Vanessa Barnes has taken over as treasurer.

GC has awarded £750 from the Health & Wellbeing grant towards the BMX Track.

 

 

10.3

PCSO – Next meeting 28th February 2013.

The council was pleased to note that some cars had been removed from the road outside the garage.

 

 

10.4

Footpaths – IB reported as follows:-

·      Stile at Pitten Street – Claire Haskins has a spare kissing gate which can be installed on site. IB asked whether we wanted two gates which would open a further area of the site to walkers, with easy access.

·      Minor maintenance ongoing. 

 

 

10.5

Footpaths and lengthman scheme / Community Enablement Fund – Chair reported on recent developments. GC is to submit application at end of January.

 

 

 

10.6

Memorial Hall – Nothing further to report. DM volunteered to represent the parish council on the Memorial Hall Committee.

 

 

10.7

School - GB volunteered to be school representative.  

 

 

10.8

Quarry - DS volunteered to be Quarry representative. Clerk to forward previous correspondence.

 

 

SV

10.9

SALC – Nothing further to report.

 

 


 

11.0

Meeting attended/to be attended

 

11.1

Meetings attended:-

·       DS attended drop it session on Mendip Development Plan and reported.

 

 

11.2

Meetings to be attended:-

·      PCSO Liaison Meeting; 28th February 2013 - AD to attend.

 

 

AD

12.0

Correspondence

 

12.1

Letters from The Mendip Society and SCC advising of road closure at Ham Hill were noted.

 

 

13.0

Date & time of next meeting

 

13.1

The next Parish Council meeting will be held on 18th February 2013, at 7.30pm at the Memorial Hall, Committee room.