MINUTES

LEIGH-ON-MENDIP ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON MONDAY 18 MAY 2015 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL

 

Present

Chris Cudmore

CC

 

 

David Mattick

DM

 

 

Gill Newbury

GN

 

 

David Sparkes

DS

 

 

Kiley Pescott

KP

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Anthea Brooks, Clerk

AB

 

 

Nick Hiscox (item 10.1)

NH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

APOLOGIES

ACTIONS

 

 

 

1.1

Apologies were received from Val Horler,  Allan Townsend, District Councillor and Philip Ham, County and District Councillor

 

 

 

 

2

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATIONS AND REQUEST FOR RECORDING

 

 

 

 

2.1

There were no declarations or dispensations or requests for recording

 

 

 

 

3

RESIGNATION

 

 

 

 

3.1

CC reported that Vikki Batten had resigned from the Council due to work commitments. The Council therefore has two vacancies and would seek to co-opt candidates.

 

 

 

 

4

COMPLETION OF DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE FORMS FOR ELECTED COUNCILLORS

 

 

 

 

4.1

The declarations of acceptance forms and declarations of registrable interest forms were completed.  The Clerk will forward forms to MDC.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

5

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

5.1

CC was proposed by DM and seconded by GN and agreed unanimously.  CC accepted the chairmanship

 

 

 

 

6

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

6.1

DM was proposed by DS and seconded by KP and agreed unanimously.  DM accepted the vice chairmanship

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 19 MAY 2014

 

 

 

 

7.1

The minutes of the Annual Parish Council and Annual Parish Meeting held on 19 May 2014 were agreed as a true and accurate record and signed by the Chairman

 

 

 

 

8

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF 19 MAY 2014

 

 

 

 

8.1

(3.1/81) Land at Soho Farm – installation of Solar PV array – the District Councillor had advised that Section 106 had not been signed off.  This was noted and had been dealt with in the normal course of business

 

 

 

 

8.2

(6.2) Risk Assessment -  the review of the Risk Assessment was dealt with under normal business

 

 

 

 

 

8.3

(8.1) Footpaths – this had been dealt with under normal business

 

 

 

 

8.4

(8.1) Recreation Field – the Clerk is now the PC representative on the Recreation Field Management Committee

 

 

 

 

8.5

(9.1) Bank statements - complete

 

 

 

 

8.6

(9.3.1 and 9.3.2) Mandate for NS&I Account - complete

 

 

 

 

9

ELECTION OF REPRESENTATIVES

 

 

 

 

9.1

The following representatives were elected

 

 

 

 

 

·                Quarry – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Footpaths – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Recreation Field – Clerk

 

 

·                Memorial Hall – David Mattick

 

 

·                Highways – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                PCSO – Gill Newbury

 

 

·                School – Gill Newbury

 

 

·                SALC – Chris Cudmore/Clerk

 

 

·                Website – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                Coleford Hub – Gill Newbury

 

 

·                Administration of Facebook Group – Vikki Batten

 

 

 

 

10

PLANNING

 

 

 

 

10.1

Grove Shute Farm – Nick Hiscox attended the meeting and provided an update.  Planning permission for the development at Grove Shute had been agreed at the MDC Planning Board with two of the properties being earmarked as affordable housing.

 

 

 

 

 

10.1.2

A discussion took place about the affordable housing process and it was agreed that clarification is required.  There are three variables

 

 

 

 

 

·                Rent, part ownership or full ownership

 

 

·                Locality criteria

 

 

·                Social Need

 

 

 

 

10.1.3

The Council asked that PH or AT should clarify MDC’s policy including the possible options and the selection order/weighting. 

 

PH/AT

 

 

 

10.1.4

It was noted that if the above was clarified identification of relevant local need could be made

 

 

 

 

10.2

2014/2736/VRC Thrice Barn – still pending consideration

 

 

 

 

10.3

2015/0930/PREAPP Leigh-on-Mendip Cemetery – CC stated that he had sent in a pre-application request for advice to MDC on the proposed new cemetery on land next to the Memorial Hall.  A response is expected at the end of the month.

 

 

 

 

11

FINANCE

 

 

 

 

11.1

Financial statement to 18.05.15 was signed as a correct record.

 

 

 

 

11.2

Bank account – the Clerk requested that the account be moved to the National Westminster Branch in Midsomer Norton and this was agreed.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

11.3

The following payments were agreed and cheques signed

 

 

 

 

 

·                Came & Co – annual insurance premium - £324.16.  The Clerk will forward the policy to DM for his consideration.

 

Clerk

 

·                Mrs A Brooks – clerk’s salary - £187.26

 

 

·                Postlebury PCC – printing of newsletter - £50.00

 

 

 

 

11.4

Review of insurance cover – it was agreed to ask the Memorial Hall and the Recreation Field for a copy of their insurance in order to review their level of cover.  It was also agreed that the Recreation Field should have a risk assessment.  It was noted that there is an expert living in the village who may be able to help with this.  DM will supply the name and email address to the Clerk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DM/Clerk

 

 

 

12

URGENT REPORTS/ACTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS

 

 

 

 

12.1

Quarry – the plan to install a defibrillator in the village was discussed and Gary Wason asked for a letter which could be passed to higher management. 

 

 

 

 

 

12.2

Defibrillator – it was agreed to put together a list of organisations which could be approached for help in funding the defibrillator such as Lions Clubs, local supermarkets and local quarries.  It was agreed that DM would draft a letter and send it to the Clerk.  DM would also contact Geoff Mattick at MDC regarding an approach to the Community Regeneration for the South West Partnership (CRISP)

 

 

 

 

 

 

DM/Clerk

 

 

 

12.3

Co-option - the Clerk will email Paula Freeland who had shown an interest in the Council.

 

Clerk

 

 

 

12.4

Cemetery – CC reported that he and David Pattison had met with Jo Hudson and various options were discussed – ongoing.

 

 

 

 

12.5

Cemetery – land next to the Memorial Hall – CC had sent in a pre-application request (see under Planning) and a response is awaited. 

 

 

 

 

12.5.1

The procedure for acquisition of the land was discussed and it was noted that two solicitors would need to be engaged, one for each party, with the Council covering the costs for both.  It was noted that a full search would need to be carried out.  It was agreed that the response from the Planning Department will be circulated to Councillors and then an approach made to Mr Brook asking for the name of his Solicitors.

 

 

 

 

12.6

Car Scheme – it was noted that the Slinky bus service has been reduced recently.  There is an action outstanding for Philip Ham to contact Graham Harris to discuss this scheme further and also provide him with the details of the contact in Holcombe.

 

 

 

PH

 

 

 

12.7

Contingency/Emergency Planning and Risk Assessment – DM reported that Geoff Mackett is content with what has been done although he did make a few suggestions and comments.  There is potential for a grant also from CRISP (see under Defibrillator) for any items required for this scheme.

 

 

 

 

13

MEETINGS TO BE ATTENDED

 

 

 

 

13.1

PCSO – meeting to be held on 20 May at Leigh-on-Mendip.  CN/DS will attend.  A new PCSO has been appointed for the area – his name is Mike Storey.

 

 

 

 

13.2

Rural Forum – 4 June at MDC – mainly for new Councillors

 

 

 

 

13.3

PACT  - next meeting 9 June in Nunney which GN will attend.

 

 

 

 

11

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

 

 

11.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will take place on Monday 15 June at 7.30 p.m. in the Memorial Hall.