MINUTES

LEIGH-ON-MENDIP ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON MONDAY 16 MAY 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL

 

Present

Chris Cudmore

CC

 

 

David Mattick

DM

 

 

David Sparkes

DS

 

 

Vicki Trundle

VT

 

 

Paula Freeland (part meeting)

PF

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Anthea Brooks, Clerk

AB

 

 

Alan Townsend, District Councillor

AT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

APOLOGIES

ACTIONS

 

 

 

1.1

Apologies were received from Philip Ham, County and District Councillor.

 

 

 

 

2

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATIONS AND REQUEST FOR RECORDING

 

 

 

 

2.1

There were no declarations or dispensations or requests for recording

 

 

 

 

3

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

3.1

CC was proposed by DM, seconded by DS and agreed unanimously.  CC accepted the chairmanship

 

 

 

 

4

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

4.1

DM was proposed by DS, seconded by VT and agreed unanimously.  DM accepted the vice chairmanship

 

 

 

 

5

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 18 MAY 2015

 

 

 

 

5.1

The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 18 May 2015 were agreed as a true and accurate record and signed by the Chairman

 

 

 

 

6

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF 18 MAY 2015

 

 

 

 

6.1

(10.1.3) Grove Shute Farm – clarification of the MDC policy on affordable housing including the possible options and the selection order/weighting.  This had been dealt with by PH and AT.

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.2

(11.2) Bank Account - the bank account remains at the National Westminster Bank in Frome at the moment.  Agreement has been made that the account can be moved to the Midsomer Norton Branch and the Clerk will put this in hand.

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

6.3

(11.3) Insurance– the Clerk had forwarded the policy to DM

 

 

 

 

6.4

(11.4) Review of insurance cover – copies of the insurance documents for both the Memorial Hall and the Recreation Field had been received and reviewed. 

 

 

 

 

6.5

(12.2) Defibrillator – this had been progressed and the actions dealt with during the normal course of business.

 

 

 

 

6.6

(12.3) Co-option of councillor - complete

 

 

 

 

6.7

(12.6) Car Scheme – information had been supplied to Graham Harris as requested.

 

 

 

 

7

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD ON 18 MAY 2015

 

 

 

 

7.1

The minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on 18 May 2015 were agreed as a true and accurate record and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

8

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF 18 MAY 2015

 

 

 

 

8.1

Item 6.2 – Distribution of street cleaning leaflets – these are now being distributed in Bellfield as requested.

 

 

 

 

8.2

Item 6.5 – Goal posts for Recreation Field – a new set of goal posts for the Recreation Field have been provided.

 

 

 

 

9

ELECTION OF REPRESENTATIVES

 

 

 

 

9.1

The following representatives were elected

 

 

 

 

 

·                Quarry – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Footpaths – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Recreation Field – Vicki Trundle

 

 

·                Memorial Hall – David Mattick

 

 

·                Highways – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                PCSO – no longer required

 

 

·                School – Paula Freeland

 

 

·                SALC – Chris Cudmore/Clerk

 

 

·                Website – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                Coleford Hub – no longer required

 

 

·                Administration of Facebook Group – CC stated that Vikki Batten had confirmed her willingness to carry on managing the village Facebook Group.

 

10

APPROVAL OF ASSET REGISTER

 

 

 

 

10.2

CC reported that one of the Neighbourhood Watch signs seems to be missing.  It was agreed not to request a new sign and to amend the asset register accordingly

 

 

 

 

10.3

Grit Bins – it was agreed to amend the number of grit bins to show 4 (including the one by Tweed Farm) – the cost, excluding VAT) will show as £527.

 

 

 

 

10.4

Noticeboards – the old board at the entrance to Park Hayes has been deleted and the new board added.

 

 

 

 

10.5

A note will be added to the asset register to take account of these alterations.  It was agreed unanimously to adopt the amended version of the register.

 

 

 

 

11

PLANNING

 

 

 

 

11.1

2016/0966/FUL Installation of dual fuel generators and associated infrastructure for the provision of a flexible generation facility on land at Soho Farm, Soho, Leigh-on-Mendip for Mr Michael Samuel

 

 

 

 

11.1.1

The above application was discussed.  It was proposed by DS, seconded DM and agreed unanimously to recommend approval of the application as it does not have any visual impact although there is an expectation that the acoustics will be checked.  The Clerk will inform MDC of this decision.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

The Annual Parish Council Meeting was interrupted at this point to hold the Annual Parish Meeting (see separate minutes).

 

 

 

 

12

FINANCE

 

 

 

 

12.1

Financial statement to 16.05.16 was signed as a correct record. 

 

 

 

 

12.2

Balance sheet and asset register – it was agreed that these documents would be put on the website

 

CC

 

 

 

12.3

The following payments were agreed and cheques signed

 

 

 

 

 

·                Came & Co – annual insurance premium - £338.21

 

 

·                Mrs A Brooks – clerk’s salary - £182.63

 

 

·                Mrs A Brooks – Burial clerk’s salary - £86.69

 

 

·                Postlebury PCC – printing of newsletter - £50.00

 

 

 

 

11.4

Renewal of insurance cover – CC and DM have looked at the insurance renewal documents and reported that the cover provided is suitable and includes £5000 for defibrillators.  DM proposed, CC seconded and it was agreed unanimously to renew the cover with Ecclesiastical Local Council Schemes via Came & Company Ltd, Brokers.

 

 

 

 

12

URGENT REPORTS/ACTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS

 

 

 

 

12.1

Leigh-on-Mendip First School – it was noted that a consultation presentation had been received from the Chair of the Governors and Head teacher of the school at the Annual Parish Meeting. 

 

 

 

 

12.2

New Cemetery – CC reported that a reply is awaited from the seller’s solicitors.  CC reported that there may be a danger of losing a lot of potential grave space because the sewage pipe runs the length of the land and a water pipe through the land may be requested for the church.  A site visit had been offered by Wessex Water and CC will arrange this. 

 

 

 

 

 

CC

 

 

 

12.3

Pharmacy – Coleford – a second pharmacy application has been received for Coleford which is very similar to the application discussed at the last meeting.  It was agreed that CC should send the same response letter to NHS England as used previously

 

 

 

 

CC

 

 

 

12.4

Defibrillator – DM reported that he had received a quote for installation of the defibrillators and it was agreed that DM should commission him to go ahead and get the job completed.  Once the installation has been carried out arrangements can be made for a visit from AED Locator to carry out training.  The Clerk asked DM to provide her with the invoice.

 

 

 

 

 

DM

 

 

 

12.5

Gravestone survey – the Clerk and DM will arrange to carry out the gravestone survey as requested by MDC. 

 

DM/Clerk

 

 

 

12.6

Footpaths – DS reported that another volunteer had come forward and will be covering footpaths number 7 and number 9.  DS has informed Alastair Weston of the name of the person who covers the footpath running through his property (as requested at the Annual Parish meeting).

 

 

 

 

12.7

Quarry – DS reported that the quarry had inserted an article in the village magazine and this had been shared with their Head Office.  The Council agreed that it was happy for DS to guide them in these articles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.8

Co-option – the Clerk had spoken to MDC about co-option of two councillors and will display the required notice on the noticeboards.  The Clerk will also insert an article in the magazine requesting for two volunteers to come forward to take up the vacancies.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

13

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

 

 

13.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will take place on Monday 20 June at 7.00 p.m. in the Memorial Hall.