MINUTES

LEIGH-ON-MENDIP EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON WEDNESDAY 9 AUGUST 2017 AT 7.00 P.M. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL

 

Present

Chris Cudmore (Chairman)

CC

 

 

Dave Mattick

DM

 

 

Vicki Taylor

VGT

 

 

David Sparkes

DS

 

 

Simon Wolf

SW

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Anthea Brooks, Clerk

AB

 

 

Lee Wright, Wright Consult LLP

LW

 

 

 

 

 

032/17

APOLOGIES

ACTIONS

 

 

 

032.1/17

Apologies were received from Paula Freeland (PF), Vicki Trundle (VT) , Alan Townsend District Councillor (AT) and Philip Ham, County and District Councillor (PH) 

 

 

 

 

033/17

CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLORS

 

 

 

 

033.1/17

Vicki Taylor was welcomed as a new Councillor, proposed by DM, seconded SW and agreed unanimously. The Clerk will organise the necessary paperwork.

 

Clerk

 

 

 

034/17

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATIONS / REQUESTS FOR RECORDING

 

 

 

 

034.1/17

There were no declarations of interest. It was noted that the meeting could be recorded if requested.

 

 

 

 

035/17

PLANNING

 

 

 

 

035.1/17

New Applications

 

 

 

 

035.1.1/17

2017/1969/FUL Erection of a single storey building for use as a holiday let at Long Cottage, Tadhill Lane, Leigh-on-Mendip for Mr Colin Matton

 

 

 

 

035.1.1/17

Lee Wright (LW) from Wright Consult LLP attended the meeting and gave an overview of the application.  He stated that a field shelter in the field next door to Long Cottage was erected in 2006.  The application is to demolish this building and build a similar size timber building with a pitch roof in its place.  It is proposed to use this replacement building as a holiday let for use all year round.  The building will look towards the driveway of the host property.

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

035.1.2/17

The Council discussed the application and considered such things as traffic issues, use of agricultural land, market research in determining the use of holiday lets in the area and whether the building was in the right place and should be more in alignment with the buildings already there.  It was also noted that there has been an objection from a neighbour.

 

 

 

 

035.1.3/17

It was proposed by DS, seconded by DM and agreed unanimously to recommend approval of the application as it would mean additional economic value to the village and an improvement to the current building.  It was noted that it was not applicable to consider the Village Design Statement in this case.  The Clerk will inform MDC of the decision of the Council

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

035.1.4/17

LW left the meeting

 

 

 

 

035.2.1/17

2017/1788/VRC Application to vary condition 2 (drawings) of planning permission 2015/1209/FUL to change design of Plot 3 at Whitehole Quarry, Whitehole Hill, Leigh-on-Mendip for Mr and Mrs Patch.

 

 

 

 

035.2.1/17

The above application was discussed.  It was noted that the original planning application was recommended for refusal by the Council.  It was therefore proposed by CC, seconded by DM and agreed unanimously to recommend that the decision be left to the Planning Officer following consultation responses.  The Clerk will inform MDC

 

 
Clerk

 

 

 

036/17

ANY URGENT BUSINESS

 

 

 

 

036.1/17

Affordable Housing Meeting – CC reported that this had taken place on 8 August and various actions had been agreed for both CC and MDC.


CC

 

 

 

036.2/17

Fly the Red Ensign for Merchant Navy Day – 3 September – the Clerk will find out whether a Red Ensign Flag is available to fly on 3 September

 

 Clerk

 

 

 

036.3/17

SCC Chairman’s Award for Service to the Community – no nominations had been received - complete

 

 

 

 

036.4/17

Open Space Contribution

 

 

 

 

036.4.1/17

A sum of money has been received as a Public Open Space contribution for S106 2013/1987 which is to be used for the provision or enhancement and management of off-site public open space.

 

 

 

 

036.4.2/17

It was noted that the parishioners had been asked for ideas for the use of these funds in the newsletter but nothing had been forthcoming.  VGT agreed to consider a time frame, programme of what can be done in terms of community involvement and carry out some research and obtain some ideas for use of such a space.  An article will be placed in the village magazine about this.  It was agreed to include this as an agenda item at the next meeting. 

 

 

 

VGT

 

 

 

036.5/17

New Cemetery – it was agreed that the weeds need further attention and CC will speak to the grass cutting contractor who had already done one application of weed killer to the area. 

 

CC

 

 

 

036.6/17

Interment of ashes - The Clerk stated that an interment of ashes would be carried out in the present cemetery on 25 August.  It was agreed that she would contact the grass cutter to make him aware of this and make sure the area is tidy.

 

Clerk

 

 

 

036.7/17

Internal Auditor – it was agreed to include an item on the next agenda to raise a cheque for the internal auditor.

Clerk

 

 

 

036.8/17

Finance – a cheque was raised and signed for AED Locator (E.U.) Ltd for £117.60 in payment of the annual monitoring charge and defibrillator repatriation service after deployment for locations at the Memorial Hall and the Recreation Field.

 

 

 

 

036.9/17

Wainwright’s Consultation – the Clerk reported that Somerset County Council have extended the consultation period to 20 September and that a public open consultation event will be held in Stoke Memorial Hall on Thursday 31 August from 3.00 to 8.00 p.m.

 

 

 

 

037/17

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

 

 

037.1/17

The next meeting will be held on Monday 18 September at 7.00 p.m. in the Memorial Hall.