MINUTES OF LEIGH-ON-MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
             HELD ON 21 FEBRUARY 1994 IN THE SCHOOL

Parish Councillors present: S Haywood, H Mawdsley & D Pattison; R 
Dixon  and D Turner arrived slightly late.  County  Councillor  A 
Merrick also present.
Apologies  were accepted fron J Davis who was attending a  School 
Governors meeting.

The resignation of A Gould had been received by the Clerk and was 
accepted  by the PC.  A letter of thanks for his service  to  the 
village will be written.                                  (CLERK)

The Minutes of the last two meetings were accepted and signed.

MATTERS ARISING - 10 JANUARY
VILLAGE SURVEY - in hand and ongoing.                       (DT)
EXAMINER  HOUSE  - Copy of Breach of Condition  notice  from  MDC 
received.
LJH - matter to be pursued.                               (CLERK)
SCC ROADS etc matter to be pursued.                       (CLERK)
VILLAGE CLEAN-UP DAY next agenda.  DT will form a sub-committee.(CL)
LOCAL GOV REVIEW acknowledgement received.
ASPHALT PLANT - granted.
BREACH OF CONDITION 22 BY WH - RD will supply more info.  (CLERK)
CHARITY COMMISSION REQUEST                                  (DP)

2 FEBRUARY 1994
NEW CEMETRY - site meeting 27 February 5pm.

ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
Letter from Mendip Bridleways asking PC to support a  Bridleway 
round Halecombe Quarry.  Rep. invited to next meeting.    (CLERK)
SCC will be asked to inspect road markings & signs at Park Corner 
and renew those at Holly Bush lane junction.  Bulls Green Link PA 
due soon.                                                 (CLERK)

PLANNING
MDC  Planning Meeting, Frome College 3 March at 7.30.  Clerk,  HM 
& DP will attend.
PC NOTICEBOARD Clerk will try to locate.                  (CLERK)

PLANTATION BURIALS  HM
HM explained the ethos of Plantation Burials and it was  proposed 
that  MDC  would be asked to designate an area in the  new  Local 
Plan.  HM will contact Ruth Allen at MDC for  further  discussion 
and Local byelaws re burials will be ascertained.    (HM & CLERK)

QUARRY MATTERS
K Grazier from WH will be in contact regarding Liaison Meetings.
CC are allowing the Minerals Officer to be a member if invited.




FINANCE
DT will add cost of map of Churchyard to photocopying bill.
MEMORIAL  HALL  BUILDING  ACCOUNTS  it was  proposed  by  SH  and 
seconded by DP to close the a/c's - all agreed.           (CLERK)
SALC INFO re cheque return and Co-op bank.  More guidance will be 
sought about cheque recording in the Minutes from auditors.(CLERK)
BRIDGET  PARKER  OLYMPIC  TRUST  no  contribution  made.  It  was 
suggested  that PC might like to give direct support to  a  local 
sportsperson.  Copy of BPOT will be given to Winks & Walls.(CLERK)
AUDIT  FEE of 70.50 payment proposed DT seconded RD all  agreed, 
cheque made out.  Auditor will be informed that Clerk responsible 
for own PAYE.                                             (CLERK)
LUMP  (DP  declared an interest) - request for  grant  towards  4 
stage  blocks. It was decided that more details will  be  sought.                         
                                                          (CLERK)
PCC  REQUEST - DT declared an interest as a Bellringer.  M  Loten 
(PCC  member)  told the PC that she had understood that  the  PCC 
would pay for the earth trip and that the Bell Ringers would  pay 
for  the  Tower  Emergency Light at 75  and  switches  120(both 
figures  are  estimates). She thought that this  was  actually  a 
request  from the Bellringers not the PCC.  RD proposed  granting 
the Bell Ringers a maximum of 195 towards the work, HM  seconded 
all agreed.  The PC will manage the work.                 (CLERK)                              

CORRESPONDENCE
ELECTORAL ROLL to hand.
MENDIP CONSERVATION FORUM 30 March Council Offices RD  will go.
SCC CHARTER FOR DEVELOPMENT CONTROL circulated with SCC  MINUTES, 
TENANT  NEWS,  CAPITA  COPY SHOP info, QUARRY  HEAD  LEVY,  MDC 
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & TOURIST STRATEGY & FOE CLIMATE RESOLUTION.
SALC papers given to HM.
SOMERSET VILLAGE SHOP COMPETITION 1994 local shop nominated.(CL)
INSPECTION OF PLAYGROUNDS info sent to School and RFMC.   (CLERK)
MDC GOOD EXTENSION AWARD. Fox Hollow nominated.           (CLERK)   
VILLAGE HALL info given to J Featherstone.
LEISURE EQUIPMENT info given to RFMC.                     (CLERK)

NEXT MEETING - 28 MARCH 1994 AT 7.30 IN THE SCHOOL.







jal30394


Back to list of meetings