MINUTES OF LEIGH-ON-MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
              HELD ON 28 mARCH 1994 IN THE SCHOOL.

Councillors  present: M Loten, H Mawdsley,  D  Pattison,Chairman, 
and D Turner.  R Dixon arrived late.  A Merrick, SCCouncillor was 
in attendance.

Apologies were accepted from S Haywood.

DP  welcomed  Caroline  Claydon,  Chairman  Mendip  Bridleways  & 
Byeways Assoc. to speak to the PC about a bridleway at  Halecombe 
Quarry; a quarry rep had also been invited  to the meeting.
Mrs  Claydon explained the need for a Bridleway.   Glyn  Williams 
had  agreed to dedicate land for a Bridleway if the PC  supported 
this.  After discussion it was agreed that the PC would write  in 
support of a Bridleway if it did not disadvantage the FP. (CLERK)
Mrs Claydon was thanked for attending the Meeting.

QUARRY MATTERS
Letter dated 22/02 from WH gave location of stile at Soho Corner.
LIAISON  GROUP  -  A Merrick had asked for a  meeting  soon  when 
details of Noise and Re-phasing could be discussed.
A copy of a complaint about BLASTING NOISE at Halecombe had  been 
received.  A  Merrick offered to pursue  matter  on  parishioners 
behalf.
BARNS  CLOSE - complaint about lack of fencing around  quarry  on 
the  Soho-Whitehole Hill road.  ARC will be informed quoting  the 
Mendip Quarry Producers Code of Practice.                 (CLERK)

RADON  While Mr Merrick was present two parishioners raised their 
concerns  about Radon levels in homes in the village.   This  has 
already been touched on in a PC Newsletter but it was decided  to 
include details again.  It was agreed that ML would approach  the 
Hall Committee about testing their premises.  DP offered to write 
to  the  NRBP to ask for research to be done  into  Radon  levels 
around  Quarries.   HM offered to write to  the  Imperial  Cancer 
Research Fund. (RD arrived during this item.)          (DP,ML,HM)
Mr Merrick left.

The  MINUTES  of meetings on 21 Feb (with the  last  sentance  of 
FINANCE deleted), 7 March and 21 March were accepted and signed.

MATTERS ARISING
21 FEBRUARY - LJH, notification that MDC had visited and car park 
empty, RD offered to accompany Enforcement Officer.       (CLERK)
Village Clean-up Day still in hand.
RFMC - accounts received, ML will discuss with Treasurer.    (ML)
After  phone call from Clerk & intervention of AM the details  of 
the BULLS GREEN LINK PA had been received.
PC NOTICEBOARD still to be located.                        (CLERK) 
PLANTATION BURIALS - info sent to MDC.
BANK A/C - from Auditor:  cheques need not be returned.
LUMP  GRANT  - ML & DP declared an interest -  deferred  to  next 
meeting.                                                  (CLERK)

7  MARCH  -  Land adjacent 20  Park  Hayes  officers  recommended 
permission be granted.
Bollards  at  Examiner House MDC  officers  recommended  granting 
permission.  PC will ask for details of Planting Proposal.(CLERK)
MENDIP  WOODLAND  FORUM - RD attended.  Person  who  is  handling 
woodland privatisation was not present but Cranmore and  Harridge 
Woods are not in the first tranch.
21 MARCH - all actions performed.

ROADS AND FOOTPATHS
Details  of  proposed temporary footpath closure at  Halecombe  - 
undated - received, next day details of closure from 25/06 for up 
to 6 months received.
BGL will be discussed by MDC  on 29/03/94.

FINANCE
SALC  subscription  of  52.15p due.   DT  proposed  payment,  ML 
seconded, all agreed.  Cheque made out.                   (CLERK)
UNDER 5'S GROUP request for monetary help when they re-apply  for 
planning  permission for the shed.  DP proposed PC 1)  apply  for 
the  permission and pay fee, and 2) ask that permission  be  made 
permanent.  HM seconded all agreed.                       (CLERK)

CORRESPONDENCE
Letter  from  A Robson seeking assurance that hedge in  front  of 
the second phase of the Hedgerow development be retained at least 
until  houses are built.  PC will write in support to  developers 
copy to B Wootton, MDC Tree Initiatve Officer.            (CLERK)
Letter  from RFMC asking PC to check if new car park for the  Rec 
Field  was  part  of  the future  development  proposal  for  the 
Hedgerows.  Also telling of hope to errect shed to store  cricket 
gear - PC willing to apply for permission.  RFMC will be informed 
and also made cogniscent of the fact that allocated money in last 
years budget that has not been applied for yet.           (CLERK)
British Legion Flats - letter of complaint that planting shown in 
original  permission plan not carried out. RD (PC rep on  Housing 
committee) said residents were encouraged to do the planting  but 
letter writer's offer to investigate will be taken up.    (CLERK)
Info re B TECS.
CPRE ANNUAL REPORT, THATCH, THE CLERK circulated.
VILLAGE HALL TRAILS - V Winks attended for Meomorial Hall.
GRAND MET TRUST info leaflet copy to RFMC & Hall.         (CLERK)
D DAY CELEBRATION info.
FOUNTAIN FORESTRY & WOODLAND MANAGEMENT info filed.
LEIGH CHURCH FLOWER FESTIVAL notification and request for  money.  
More info will be sought for next meeting.                (CLERK)
SCC  WASTE  DISPOSAL -  PC happy to  have recycling  facility  in 
village, write accordingly.                               (CLERK)

NEXT MEETING - 25 APRIL 7.30 IN THE SCHOOL.
APM AND AGM - 23 MAY IN THE HALL.



20494jal


Back to list of meetings