LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 21st July 2004 Commenced: 8.00pm Concluded: 9.20pm

 

Present: Jan Robson Chairman Elected

Steve Willis Cricket Social

David Pattison Elected

Vicky Higgins Elected

Caroline Peat Treasurer Elected

Anne Robson Secretary Elected

..................................................................................................................

1.0     Apologies for Absence: Dave Mears

 

2.00 Previous Minutes: Minutes for last four meetings were agreed and signed.

 

3.00 Football Club: Nothing to report

 

4.00 Cricket Club: Field had not been mown, but JR had checked and it had been according to Taunton office!

2005 is anniversary of 100 years of cricket in LOM. Celebrations are planned. Suggestion to put this and cricket fixture list onto LOM website.

 

5.00 Cricket Social Club: Has electrical equipment been tested as requested by insurance? SW to ask Eddie ACTION: SW

 

6.00 Jobs:

 

1)Grounds Maintenance:. Stewart, the postman has returned after a few weeks absence and is strimming. He has been given a bottle of wine as thanks. VH has shown him the sit-on mower.

 

2) Spoil Heap: Rest of Heap to be dismantled.

 

3) Playground:

DP to make removal of one fence panel easier, also to speak to Derek Robinson about this. DP also to mend loose fence panel. ACTION: DP

Notice had been vandalised. CP to make new one and laminate and give to DP to fix. ACTION:CP/DP

Climbing frame to have chips painted over ACTION: DM

Small swing seat top rail nuts to be covered. ACTION: DM

More dog mess had been seen on ground. All to be on the look out for culprits! ACTION: ALL

 

4) Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. ACTION: ALL

 

5) Concrete ends to Benches: Still a few around the ground. If anyone going to Coleford tip, please take one with you. ACTION: ALL

 

6)Water heater: To be replaced in the future. SW to ask if this might combine with gas installation. ACTION: SW

7) Gutter & Rainwater pipe: These need repairing. ACTION: DM

7.00 Financial Report as at 21.07.04:-

Balances b/fwd

09/06/2004

 

 

 

Current Account

 

1,313.34

 

 

Building Society

 

904.96

 

 

Cash

 

93.25

2,311.55

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

Village Fete Ins Cont

100.00

 

 

Building Soc Interest

3.98

 

 

Cricket Subs 2004

150.00

 

 

 

 

 

253.98

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

Wicksteed Inspection

35.25

 

 

Bonus Club Draw(Jul)

40.00

 

 

Wine for Parcelforce

5.29

 

 

Frome Town Boys Refund

72.00

 

 

 

 

 

152.54

 

 

 

 

2,412.99

Balances c/fwd

21/07/2004

 

 

 

Current Account

 

1,456.09

 

 

Building Society

 

908.94

 

 

Cash

 

47.96

2,412.99

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

120.00

 

 

 

 

 

120.00

 

CP reported that Jackie Witt had requested information upon which the recent parish council grant could be based instead of insurance premium. There appeared to be an audit problem DP contested this and will speak direct to her. ACTION: DP

 

8.00 Fund Raising:

Bonus Club winners in July are Paul and Caroline Nielsen and Alastair and Jane Weston again!

Other Fund raising ideas:

Walk as arranged by Steve and Jo Anderson. AR to check with Steve & Jo. ACTION: AR

 

Also Walking Treasure Hunt around the village, Car Boot Sales.

 

9.0     Fair Saturday 3rd July 2004.

It happened! It rained!

SW said donation would be coming soon from Cricket Social ACTION: SW

 

 

 

10.0     Any Other Business:

Inspection Report: VH doing weekly. . ACTION: VH

 

Insurance: Now insured with Norwich Union at a higher cost of 1100. They are insisting that a NACOS credited installer test the alarm. JR to look into LJH sponsoring this. ACTION: JR

 

Disabled Discrimination Act (October 2004)/Asbestos Act (May 2004): There was discussion on possibility of supplying ramps at doorways, but it was felt that this was not a top priority at present.

JR to look into Asbestos Audit report. ACTION: JR

 

Football Net: Children who had been using clubhouse as goalpost had requested a goal. This would not be possible until end of the cricket season.

 

11.00 NEXT MEETING : 8.00pm Wednesday 8th September 2004

 

12.00 Distribution: Parish Council + Jan Robson (Chairman)

Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI) David Mears (Elected)                Vicky Higgins (Elected)  

                                    Steve Willis (Cricket Social)     David Pattison (Elected)              Anne Robson (Secretary)

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------- Chairman

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------ Treasurer