Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 14th January

 

Present: Vicky Higgins,  Alan Dagger, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes

Apologies: David Pattison

1.    The minutes of the last meeting were not signed

SKATE PARK PROJECT

2.    The skate park . It was agreed that Vanessa would talk to Ian regarding a drawing to show the young people alternative. It was discussed how a lot of the young people have now grown up.. It was agreed that we need to get this project going quickly now,                    Action VB &ALL

3.    We will hold a meeting late Jan early, Feb with the young people of the village with the 2 proposals.                                                                                                            Action ALL

4.    The Awards for All grant applications was almost complete, but a few items were still needed.   This award is limited to £10k, which is not enough, even with the Parish Council contribution and £2k from our own funds.   On Hold                                                                                    Action DP

5.    A Ralph & Irma Sperring grant could cover the gap, but the application had not been started. On Hold

6.    The project plan, was almost complete.  On hold                                                     Action DP

JOBS 

7.    We have taken down one Chestnut tree over hanging the playground that had weeping canker(drop branch) We will continue to tidy this hedgerow. Plus one more tree to come down near far Stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large Ash               

                                                                                                                            VH FH

8.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                     Action ALL

9.    Toilet Roof .  AD to measure up for new UPVC barge boards.                              Action AD

Football 

10. No games since mid December– too wet, but teams were OK with it.   

11. I accident last game played on 15th December player broke leg. Ambulance took 1 3/4 hours to attend.

12. Grass Cutting  It was agreed to ask the PC to cut the whole field in Mar/Apr and Sept/Oct, and the area outside the boundary all season. Gone to PC                                                Action AD

13. Moles:  Still active.                                                                                                       

Finance:

Treasurer

 Vanessa Barnes has kindly agreed to be our treasurer. We went through tasks. We are very grateful for her uptake of the position.

We would like to formally thank Barry for the work he had done over the past few years.

It was agreed that Barry would be contacted to give an official handover to Vanessa. Action VH

14.  Cheque book with DP. 

15. The petty cash held by DP now stands as follows: This was not updated at this meeting.

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance from Sept

 

 

432.83

Transfer from float box

23/10/12

+125.00

557.83

VH account incl Bonus Club (see below)

13/11/12

+29.50

587.33

 

 

16. DP to check that Barry has the new cheque book.

17. The following items were still unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

Insurance

18. The breakdown of the approx costs of insuring the building and equipment had just been received:

Building                       £520

Furniture & fittings       £13

Outdoor equipment      £15

However, we have been given a discount if we take all 3, making it £487.41 in total. Including the 3rd party (already paid), this gives a total of £665.41, a saving of £148 over last year.  It was decided to accept the quote and cheque no 432 was signed.                                                                    Action DP

Bonus Club

19. Winners were

a.     January Julie Moorehouse Plus Vicky and Frank, David to pay

Whist  

 

ROTA

Whist 18thJan

Whist

15th Feb

Whist

15th March

 

 

Julian

Trevor

Vicky

 

 

Rose

David?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

21. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

22. Booze to be replenished (cider & cans of bitter)                                                      Action: DP

Christmas Bingo

This was a success final income yet to be established.                                   Action: DP

Fair

23. Vanessa has kindly said she would be our Rep, with the understanding that we will share tasks and attend meetings if she is unable.

24. Thanks to Julian for. representing us for the past few years.

25. Julian to contact Phil Davey re PA system and we will check with David re license for Barn dance

Health & Safety.

26. Football accident in accident book.

Regular Items

27. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov, Dec Jan. Still issues with dog fouling                   Action: VH

28. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

29. Report for Parish Magazine-                                                                                         Action DP

30. Check Monthly list of jobs: Hedge cutting Julian to organise.                               Action JB

Any Other Business

 

31.  Gloria has a Health & Wellbeing fund – VH & AD had submitted. Form and we have been successful!!!                                                                                                                   

Date of next meetings   Mon Feb 11th

at the rec at 7.30 maybe earlier meeting with young people