Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 9 April 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes,

Apologies: Trevor Wells, Julian Back

1.    The minutes of the meetings held in Feb and March were agreed and signed

2.    SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    Ian Barnes still can’t get a response from the course designer recommended.  Its was agreed to try other options (a contact in Wells), as well as continuing to chase.                                  Action VB

4.    DP had found that the Frome contact was the same as the one Ian had, but agreed to try and find out who designed the course itself.                                                                                  Action DP

5.    The Awards for All grant,  Ralph & Irma Sperring grant and project plan are all on hold.

6.    VH had spoken to representatives of the CC about the moving of the shed, and they are agreeable, subject to detail.  A meeting had been arranged for Mon 15 April                 Action All

7.    VB reported that Tarmac are happy to provide materials.

JOBS 

8.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                     Action ALL

10. Toilet Roof .  AD to measure up for new UPVC barge boards.                              Action AD

Football 

11. 3 games last weekend, no problems.   

Grass Cutting 

12. The PC have placed the contract to cut the field.  (Post meeting note – I have asked for the details of the contract so we can monitor if it’s happening).  

Finance:

13. Treasurer handover.  VB to nudge BG to complete the 2012 accounts and get them audited before the AGM in May .                                                                                                           Action BG

14. Cheque book with DP. 

Fund Raising 

Race Night

15. Sat 20 April, doors open 7, first race 7.30, hall is booked.

a.    DVD – JB

b.    Format – 6 races to be sold ahead of time and 2 to auctioned on the night (but still sell sponsorship of last 2)

c.    Prices – Horses £3 (prize £12), Jockeys £1 (prize a gift).  Races £20.  Horse owners name the horse.  Race sponsors name the race.

d.    Race Sponsorship:  All to keep rest of us informed and DP to keep count so we don’t sell too many!

Confirmed

i.      Dagger Air Services (if nec)

ii.    The Bell

iii.   V Barnes Accountancy,

iv.   Leigh Auto Repair (Paul Knowles)

v.     

Possibles

vi.   VB  Amy (Tattoing), Barnes Coachworks, Alasdair, Tom Kemp, Phil Streather,

vii.  DP – Broadbean,

viii.VH – Kevin Mitchell (if req), Nick House

Other possibles, Duo (at LJH), Malcolm, John Davis, Dave Turner. 

e.    Selling Horses & jockeys.  Take round leaflets

i.      DP – Pub down incl Bellfield

ii.    VB – Pub to Rec + Pitten House

iii.   VH – Park Hayes

iv.   VB – Rec to end of village

v.    AD – Townsend + Soho

vi.   JB – Tadhill +

f.     No entry fee.

g.    Raffle – need prizes – ALL

h.    Tote tickets – JB to check (and make more if necessary??)

i.      Sound system/projector – JB

j.      Screen – VB

k.    Publicity – website, , - DP.   Posters  - JB to correct then VH to laminate and put up

l.      Floats – DP

m.   On the night

(1)  MC – Frank

(2)  Projector – JB

(3)  Bar – AD

(4)  Eight ticket sellers – VH to arrange

(5)  Tote – DP

(6)  Raffle - ?

n.    Booze – DP (hall has some left over bitter in cans)

o.    Chocs - VH

Bonus Club 

16. Winners in April had number 36 and were Tony Gould and Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Whist  

ROTA

Whist

15th March

19 April

17 May

21 June

19 July

Vicky

DP

 

 

 

AD

TW (VH in reserve)

 

 

 

 

17. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

18. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

19. Booze to be replenished as necessary.                                                                     Action: DP

Fair

20. Will be on 15 June, and a normal Fair including a barn dance til midnight, but with a bad weather back up plan.

21. Julian to contact Phil Davey re PA system                                                               Action JB

22. DP to re-activate process to get a license.                                                                 Action DP

Health & Safety.

23. Nil.

Regular Items

24. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Mar.                                                               Action: VH

25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked before meeting. 

26. Report for Parish Magazine- BC, Race Night                                                           Action DP

27. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

28. Nil                                                                                                                                    

Date of next meeting Monday 20th May  

at the Rec

AGM at 7.30, committee meeting after.