Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes,
Apologies: Trevor Wells, Julian Back
1. The minutes of the meetings held in Feb and March were agreed and signed
2. SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT
3. Ian Barnes still can’t get a response from the course designer recommended. Its was agreed to try other options (a contact in Wells), as well as continuing to chase. Action VB
4. DP had found that the Frome contact was the same as the one Ian had, but agreed to try and find out who designed the course itself. Action DP
5. The Awards for All grant, Ralph & Irma Sperring grant and project plan are all on hold.
6. VH had spoken to representatives of the CC about the moving of the shed, and they are agreeable, subject to detail. A meeting had been arranged for Mon 15 April Action All
7. VB reported that Tarmac are happy to provide materials.
8. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash VH FH
a. Tiles around both swings cleaned. Sealant when dry Action ALL
10. Toilet Roof . AD to measure up for new UPVC barge boards. Action AD
11. 3 games last weekend, no problems.
12. The PC have placed the contract to cut the field. (Post meeting note – I have asked for the details of the contract so we can monitor if it’s happening).
13. Treasurer handover. VB to nudge BG to complete the 2012 accounts and get them audited before the AGM in May . Action BG
14. Cheque book with DP.
15. Sat 20 April, doors open 7, first race 7.30, hall is booked.
a. DVD – JB
b. Format – 6 races to be sold ahead of time and 2 to auctioned on the night (but still sell sponsorship of last 2)
c. Prices – Horses £3 (prize £12), Jockeys £1 (prize a gift). Races £20. Horse owners name the horse. Race sponsors name the race.
d. Race Sponsorship: All to keep rest of us informed and DP to keep count so we don’t sell too many!
i. Dagger Air Services (if nec)
ii. The Bell
iii. V Barnes Accountancy,
iv. Leigh Auto Repair (Paul Knowles)
vi. VB Amy (Tattoing), Barnes Coachworks, Alasdair, Tom Kemp, Phil Streather,
vii. DP – Broadbean,
viii.VH – Kevin Mitchell (if req), Nick House
Other possibles, Duo (at LJH), Malcolm, John Davis, Dave Turner.
e. Selling Horses & jockeys. Take round leaflets
i. DP – Pub down incl Bellfield
ii. VB – Pub to Rec + Pitten House
iii. VH – Park Hayes
iv. VB – Rec to end of village
v. AD – Townsend + Soho
vi. JB – Tadhill +
f. No entry fee.
g. Raffle – need prizes – ALL
h. Tote tickets – JB to check (and make more if necessary??)
i. Sound system/projector – JB
j. Screen – VB
k. Publicity – website, , - DP. Posters - JB to correct then VH to laminate and put up
l. Floats – DP
m. On the night
(1) MC – Frank
(2) Projector – JB
(3) Bar – AD
(4) Eight ticket sellers – VH to arrange
(5) Tote – DP
(6) Raffle - ?
n. Booze – DP (hall has some left over bitter in cans)
o. Chocs - VH
16. Winners in April had number 36 and were Tony Gould and Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot
TW (VH in reserve)
17. Raffle prizes required. Action: All
18. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.
19. Booze to be replenished as necessary. Action: DP
20. Will be on 15 June, and a normal Fair including a barn dance til midnight, but with a bad weather back up plan.
21. Julian to contact Phil Davey re PA system Action JB
22. DP to re-activate process to get a license. Action DP
Health & Safety.
24. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Mar. Action: VH
25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked before meeting.
26. Report for Parish Magazine- BC, Race Night Action DP
27. Check Monthly list of jobs:.
Any Other Business :
Date of next meeting Monday 20th May
at the Rec
AGM at 7.30, committee meeting after.