Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 3 June 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Matt Bennett

Apologies: Trevor Wells,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held in April were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    A design and estimate had been received from Kye Forte of MBE Ltd.  It was agreed that the design looks good, and that we should seek 2 more estimates based on the same design.    Action VB/DP

3.    DP to check whether the tarmac is required all in  one delivery, and that the correct clearance had been allowed from the football pitch.                                                                         Action DP

4.    DP to rewrite the Awards for All and Ralph & Irma Sperring grant applications.                                                                                                                                                          Action DP

5.    The CC had confirmed that they are content with the plan to move the shed.  Agreed to keep searching for a suitable replacement.                                                                        Action DP

6.    Also need to get confirmation that a quarry is willing to provide the materials. Action ?

JOBS 

7.    Working party 10am on Sunday 9 June to clear the field gate for the fair car park.                                                                                                                                                     Action All

8.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                     Action ALL

10. Toilet Roof .  AD to measure up for new UPVC barge boards.                              Action AD

Football 

11. The Saturday team had rebooked for next season.   

12. Season start delayed to 14 Sept because we have a cricket booking on 7 Sept.  A local team also want the bar, and sandwiches.

Finance:

13. Post meeting note : accounts still with auditor.

14. Bank balance at £8806. 

15. CC have paid the Bingo dues (£243), their share of white liner and mole costs (£518) and £100 towards the dues.  They have promised the balance at £100 per month.                                   Action VB

Fund Raising 

16. Bonus Club  Agreed to sell tickets for a 1 August start date.  DP to revise lists and send out for review.                                                                                                                                            Action DP

Whist  

ROTA

21 June

19 July

 

 

 

VH

JB

 

 

 

AD

 

 

 

 

 

17. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

18. Booze & score sheets to be replenished as necessary.                                         Action: DP

19. Float                                                                                                                                 Action VB

Fair

20. Gate rote done.  Thanks Julian.

21. DP to give a copy of the insurance document to Maddy.                                       Action DP

Health & Safety.

22. Playground Safety report received. 

a.    No high priority items – good!.

b.    Medium Items: 

i.      Chains links on large swing wearing and do not meet latest standards.  DP/AD to inspect.                                                                                                                         Action DP/AD

ii.    Ground around gates not flat.                                                                         Action DP

iii.   Dogs allowed on field (not playground) – need to inspect and remove faeces – already done.

Regular Items

23. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Apr/May.                                                       Action: VH

24. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book to be checked.                                                                                                                                                   Action DP

25. Report for Parish Magazine-                                                                                        Action DP

26. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

a.    Benches – DP to issue list.  JB has oil.                                                               Action DP

b.    First Aid box check.  Found efficient.  DP to replace.                                       Action DP

Any Other Business

27. Licence.  Need to find a training method.  DP to try Carol and Caroline.

28. It was agreed to schedule all meetings for the second Monday in each month.

29.  

Date of next meeting  8 July

at the rec at 7.30