Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 9 July 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 3 June were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    VB will try T Kemp for another estimate.                                                                    Action VB

3.    The tarmac is required in “around 4 deliveries over 4 days”.   3m clearance had been allowed from the football pitch.

4.    It was agreed to approach MDC and seek agreement that planning permission is not required, preferably a Certificate of Approved Development

5.    DP had rewriten the Awards for All and grant application.  Some data still required:                                                                                                                                                  Action DP

a.    VB to send copy of latest accounts and race night profit.                                Action VB

6.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.                                              Action DP

7.    Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed.                                                      Action DP

8.    Also need to get confirmation that a quarry is willing to provide the materials.  Agreed to to approach Vaughan at Tarmac.  VB to provide contact info.                    Action VB/DP/VH

JOBS 

9.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

10. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                     Action ALL

11. Toilet Roof .  AD had measured up for new UPVC barge boards and was authorised to buy them (4 lengths @ £7.83 + VAT).                                                                                              Action AD

12. Broken fence planks.  DP has one and will buy another.  VH has paint     Action: DP/VH

13. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming.  It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches.

Football 

14. The Saturday team (Frome Town B) had confirmed for next season.  Sunday team (Jim Netley) yet to confirm.

Finance:

15.  Accounts are just back from the auditor and are OK.  .

16. Bank balance at £8914. 

17. CC have not paid anything since last meeting.                                                       Action VB

18. Whist receipts handed to VB.

19. FH has identified a need for new turf for the goalmouth, white line fluid, fertiliser and weedkiller to get the football pitch in good shape.  All agreed.                                                     Action: FH

20. The school sports day was a success.  The school has asked how much they owe.  It was agreed to suggest a donation.  In future years, the school will be asked to make sure people park in the car park and do not block the access.                                                                                       Action: VB?

Fund Raising 

21. Bonus Club  Revise lists are out.  Money to be passed to DP who will pas on to VB when complete.                                                                                                                                          Action All

Whist  

ROTA

21 June

19 July

 

 

 

VH

JB

 

 

 

AD

AD

 

 

 

22. JB to enquire whether players want a session in Aug.                                          Action: JB

23. JB to print scorecards                                                                                                    Action: DP

24. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

25. Booze OK.                                                                                                                       Action: DP

26. Float                                                                                                                                 Action VB

Fair

27. Issues for next year:

a.    Cones were not put out early enough, resulting in unauthorised parking which obstructed the entrance.

b.    We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves next year.

Health & Safety.

28. Playground Safety report update: 

a.    Chains links on large swings.  DP/AD had inspected.  There is some wear, but not much.  It was decided to monitor them.                                                                                 Action DP/AD

b.    Ground around gates does not look hazardous.                                               Action DP

c.    Dogs on field.   Eight deposits had to be removed before the school sports.  VH has arranged a meeting with the MDC Dog Warden.  It was agreed to ban dogs from the field unless on a lead at all times.

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June.                                                            Action: VH

30. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book to be checked.  All OK.  Entries in accident book for 15/6 are clearly inspired by alcohol.                                           Action DP

31. Report for Parish Magazine-  Whist, Dogs                                                                Action DP

32. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

a.    Benches – DP to issue list.  VH has oil.

b.    First Aid box has been replaced

Any Other Business

33. Licence.  Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers.  DP to continue.      Action: DP

34. Hoover burnt out after fete, Colin Horne has donated a new one. 

 

Date of next meeting  9 Sept

at the rec at 7.30