Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 2 September 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Matt Bennett

Apologies: Trevor Wells

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 9 July were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    Ian will try to get another estimate.                                                                             Action VB

3.    The tarmac is required in “around 4 deliveries over 4 days”.   3m clearance had been allowed from the football pitch.

4.    DP had visited Mendip DC and been advised to go for a “Lawful Development Certificate”.  This can be applied for by the Parish Council. DP had nearly completed the form.  VH proposed one amendment, which was agreed.                                                                                 Action DP

5.    VH will take to PC for agreement and to complete their preferred address etc.  Also to lobby our District Councillor.                                                                                                         Action VH

6.    DP had rewriten the Awards for All and grant application.  Some data still required:                                                                                                                                                  Action DP

a.    VB to send copy of latest accounts and race night profit.                                Action VB

7.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.                                              Action DP

8.    Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed.                                                      Action DP

9.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    It was agreed to approach Wainwrights/Hans Johnson about the 800t “dirt”, after checking what dirt means exactly.  Also see whether they can give a better offer on the tarmac.  VB to provide contact info.                                                                                                              Action VH

JOBS 

10. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

11. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                     Action ALL

12. Toilet Roof .  Done 

13. Broken fence planks.  Done

14. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming.  It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches.

15. New turf for the goalmouth Done

Football 

16. The Saturday team (Frome Town B) had confirmed for next season.  Sunday team (Jim Netley) yet to confirm.

Finance:

17. Cricket Club

a.    Steve Willis and Barry Gould attended for this part of the meeting.

b.    The agreement was for the CC to pay:

i.      half the white liner, moles, bingo takings – paid

ii.    £100 + £500 for the season is still unpaid.

c.    CC passed over a cheque for £250.

d.    CC had paid £70 for the licence (til Aug 2014).  RFMC agreed to reduce the debt by that much.

e.    CC said they expected more money soon and would make further payments.

f.     CC said they would do all the grass cutting if the PC paid them instead of the contractor.  AD to inform PC.                                                                                                                 Action: AD

18. Whist receipts handed to VB, and float returned.

Fund Raising 

19. Bonus Club  DP handed money and lists to VB.  VB to add her own money.  DP to update and send out final list of owners.                                                                                                  Action DP

20. VB will bring £40 to each meeting.  VH to check winners. 

Whist  

ROTA

20 Sept

18 Oct

VH

AD

 

 

21. JB to print scorecards                                                                                                    Action: DP

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

23. Booze OK.                                                                                                                       Action: DP

24. Float                                                                                                                                 Action VB

Fair

25. Issues for next year:

a.    Cones were not put out early enough, resulting in unauthorised parking which obstructed the entrance.

b.    We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves next year.

Health & Safety.

26. Playground Safety report update: 

a.    Chains links on large swings.  DP/AD had inspected.  There is some wear, but not much.  It was decided to monitor them.                                                                                 Action DP/AD

b.    Dogs on field.   VH reported a significant reduction in fouling , with just a few obstinate individuals refusing to keep their dogs on a lead.

Regular Items

27. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in July & Aug.                                                  Action: VH

28. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book to be checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

29. Report for Parish Magazine-  Whist, Dogs                                                                Action DP

30. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

a.    Benches – All done bar one.  DP has oil.  The concrete one is broken.

Any Other Business

31. Licence.  Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers.  DP to continue.      Action: DP

 

Date of next meeting  14 Oct

at the rec at 7.30