Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells
Apologies: Matt Bennett
1. The minutes of the meetings held on 2 Sept were agreed.
SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT
2. It may be possible to get another estimate from the original bidder. Action VB
3. The tarmac is required in “around 4 deliveries over 4 days”. 3m clearance had been allowed from the football pitch.
4. The application by the PC for a “Lawful Development Certificate” had been acknowledged as valid by Mendip DC.
5. DP had rewriten the Awards for All and grant application. Some data still required: Action DP
6. Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled. Action DP
7. Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed. Action DP
a. VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.
b. VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”. Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. Action VH
c. DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required. Action DP
9. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash VH FH
a. Tiles around both swings cleaned. Sealant when dry Action ALL
11. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming. It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches. Hans Johnson has volunteered.
12. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger). Action DP
13. The Saturday team (Frome Town B) is playing. Sunday team has not.
14. Bank balance is £10383. Property insurance had been paid.
15. Cricket Club
Post meeting Note: Status of CC debt is:
Original money owing
3 years of subs. £450
White liner/Moles. £518
Christmas bingo. £243
Plus 2013 fees. £500
Total owed £1711
Money paid to the Rec Field during 3013
Christmas Bingo. £243
White liner/moles. £518
Cash from match. £100
Chq from Steve. £250
Total paid. £1111
Money still owing. £600
Less licence fee that CC paid for £70
Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season £530
16. CC had said they would do all the grass cutting if the PC paid them instead of the contractor. AD to inform PC. Action: AD
17. DP to draft letter to Frank outlining what they owe. Action DP
18. Whist receipts handed to VB, and float of £35 passed to DP.
19. Bonus Club Winners were
Oct Graham & Yvonne Hughes and Matthew & Catherine Bennett
Nov Vicky & Frank Higgins and Maureen Chubb
20. VB passed £40 to VH whom will pay the winners.
21. It was agreed to run one.
a. DP to book hall. Doors open 7pm, eyes down 7.30. Action: DP
b. Check we have enough books of cards Action: VH
c. Caller – FH has agreed Action: VH
d. Check the balls are all there Action: AD
e. Bar – buy stock Action: DP
f. Tea Coffee Action: VH
g. Mince Pies Action: All
h. Floats Action: VB
i. Mulled Wine Action: JB
i. Frome papers, Parish Mags Action: DP
ii. Poster, leaflet Action: JB
iii. Leaflet drop Action: All
i. Turkey voucher, Hamper Action: VH
ii. Other Action: All
22. Print scorecards Action: DP
23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30. Action: All
24. Next year’s Fair was discussed:
a. It would better of the bar for the day and evening events were run by the same group, to minimise waste.
b. We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves.
c. The evening event (if there is one) should be run on the lines as the rest of the Fair.
d. There is no dog show planned
Health & Safety.
25. Playground Safety report update:
a. Chains links on large swings. DP/AD had inspected. There is some wear, but not much. It was decided to monitor them. Action DP/AD
b. Dogs on field. There are still a few obstinate individuals refusing to keep their dogs on a lead, and there bad example is encouraging others to do the same.
26. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Sept and Oct. Action: VH
27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked. All OK. Action DP
28. Report for Parish Magazine- Whist, Dogs, Bingo (prizes, date, proceeds to PT) Action DP
29. Check Monthly list of jobs:.
Any Other Business :
30. Licence. Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers. DP to continue. Action: DP
Date of next meeting Mon 2 Dec
at the rec at 7.30