Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 11 November 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells

Apologies: Matt Bennett

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 2 Sept were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    It may be possible to get another estimate from the original bidder.                     Action VB

3.    The tarmac is required in “around 4 deliveries over 4 days”.   3m clearance had been allowed from the football pitch.

4.    The application by the PC for a  “Lawful Development Certificate” had been acknowledged as valid by Mendip DC.                                                                                                       

5.    DP had rewriten the Awards for All and grant application.  Some data still required:                                                                                                                                                  Action DP

6.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.                                              Action DP

7.    Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed.                                                      Action DP

8.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask.                                                                                                          Action VH

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                            Action DP

JOBS 

9.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

10. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                      Action ALL

11. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming.  It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches.  Hans Johnson has volunteered.

12. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger).      Action DP

Football 

13. The Saturday team (Frome Town B) is playing.   Sunday team has not.

Finance:

14. Bank balance is £10383.  Property insurance had been paid.

15. Cricket Club

 Post meeting Note:  Status of CC debt is:

Original money owing
 
3 years of subs.                                 £450
White liner/Moles.                             £518
Christmas bingo.                               £243
Total.                                                   £1211
Plus 2013 fees.                                 £500
 
Total owed                                                         £1711
 
Money paid to the Rec Field during 3013
 
Christmas Bingo.                              £243
White liner/moles.                             £518
Cash from match.                             £100
Chq from Steve.                                £250
Total paid.                                                          £1111
 
Money still owing.                                            £600
 
Less licence fee that CC paid for     £70
 

Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season  £530

16. CC had said they would do all the grass cutting if the PC paid them instead of the contractor.  AD to inform PC.                                                                                                                       Action: AD

17. DP to draft letter to Frank outlining what they owe.                                                 Action DP

18. Whist receipts handed to VB, and float of £35 passed to DP.

Fund Raising 

19. Bonus Club  Winners were

Oct      Graham & Yvonne Hughes and Matthew & Catherine Bennett

Nov     Vicky & Frank Higgins and Maureen Chubb

20. VB passed £40 to VH whom will pay the winners.

Christmas Bingo

21.   It was agreed to run one.

a.    DP to book hall.  Doors open 7pm, eyes down 7.30.                                         Action: DP

b.    Check we have enough books of cards                                                              Action: VH

c.    Caller – FH has agreed                                                                                          Action: VH

d.    Check the balls are all there                                                                                  Action: AD

e.    Bar – buy stock                                                                                                         Action: DP

f.     Tea Coffee                                                                                                                Action: VH

g.    Mince Pies                                                                                                                Action: All

h.    Floats                                                                                                                         Action: VB

i.      Mulled Wine                                                                                                             Action: JB

j.      Advertising 

i.      Frome papers, Parish Mags                                                                             Action: DP

ii.    Poster, leaflet                                                                                                      Action: JB

iii.   Leaflet drop                                                                                                         Action: All

k.    Prizes

i.      Turkey voucher, Hamper                                                                                  Action: VH

ii.    Other                                                                                                                    Action: All

Whist  

ROTA

15 Nov

17 Jan

DP

TW

 

 

22. Print scorecards                                                                                                             Action: DP

23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

Fair

24. Next year’s Fair was discussed:

a.    It would better of the bar for the day and evening events were run by the same group, to minimise waste.

b.    We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves.

c.    The evening event (if there is one) should be run on the lines as the rest of the Fair.

d.    There is no dog show planned

Health & Safety.

25. Playground Safety report update: 

a.    Chains links on large swings.  DP/AD had inspected.  There is some wear, but not much.  It was decided to monitor them.                                                                                  Action DP/AD

b.    Dogs on field.   There are still a few obstinate individuals refusing to keep their dogs on a lead, and there bad example is encouraging others to do the same.

Regular Items

26. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept and Oct.                                              Action: VH

27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

28. Report for Parish Magazine-  Whist, Dogs, Bingo (prizes, date, proceeds to PT)                                                                                                                                                         Action DP

29. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

30. Licence.  Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers.  DP to continue.      Action: DP

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 2 Dec

at the rec at 7.30