Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, Matt Bennett
Apologies: Alan Dagger,
1. The minutes of the meetings held on 11 Nov were agreed.
SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT
2. IB is getting another estimate from the original bidder. Action VB
3. No further response had been received from Mendip DC to the application by the PC for a “Lawful Development Certificate” .
4. Awards for All and grant application – on hold Action DP
5. Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled. Action DP
6. Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed. Action DP
a. VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.
b. VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”. Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. Action VH
c. DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required. Action DP
8. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash VH FH
a. Tiles around both swings cleaned. Sealant when dry Action ALL
10. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming. It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches. FH is contacting Hans Johnson.
11. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger). Action DP
12. Clock needs new battery Action DP
13. No problems. The pitch is looking good.
14. Bank balance is £9811. Outgoings in month included £497 (insurance). Electricity is £10 per month. A VAT repayment had been received.
15. Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season is £530.
16. The PC had probably not been informed that the CC had said they would do all the grass cutting if the PC paid them instead of the contractor. VB to ask IB. If not, DP to email PC Action: VB/DP
17. DP had drafted letter to Frank. TW to get address. Action TW
18. Whist receipts counted and retained by VH for Bingo.
19. Bonus Club. No action
20. It was agreed to run one.
a. Meet at hall at 5pm to set up. Action All
b. Hall booked. Doors open 7pm, eyes down 7.30. Action: DP
c. Check we have enough books of cards Action: VH
d. Caller – FH has agreed Action: VH
e. Check the balls are all there Action: AD
f. Bar – buy stock Action: DP
g. Tea Coffee Action: VH
h. Mince Pies Action: All
i. Floats Action: VB
j. Mulled Wine Action: JB
i. Frome papers, Parish Mags Action: DP
ii. Leaflet drop
(1) DP – E end of village to Bellfield and Primrose Cottage
(2) VB – Fairleigh House & The Bell to White House
(3) TW – The Shieling to W end of village
(4) VH – Park Hayes
(5) JB – Tadhill & Townsend
(6) AD – Outlyers
(7) MB – School Bags (VB to print)
i. Turkey voucher (£25), Hamper Action: VH
ii. Other Action: All
iii. JB to ask Brian for a meal voucher
21. Print scorecards- done
22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30. Action: All
23. Next year’s Fair was discussed:
a. It would better if the bar for the day and evening events were run by the same group, to minimise waste.
b. We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves.
c. The evening event (if there is one) should be run on the lines as the rest of the Fair.
d. There is no dog show planned
Health & Safety.
24. Playground Safety report update:
a. Dogs on field. Improving.
25. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Nov. Action: VH
26. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked. All OK. Action DP
27. Report for Parish Magazine- None in Jan
28. Check Monthly list of jobs:.
Any Other Business :
29. Licence. Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers. DP to continue. Action: DP
30. Boiler service booked for 17 Dec
Date of next meeting Mon 6 January
at the rec at 7.30