Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 2 December 2013

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, Matt Bennett

Apologies: Alan Dagger,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 11 Nov were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    IB is getting another estimate from the original bidder.                                           Action VB

3.    No further response had been received from Mendip DC to the application by the PC for a  “Lawful Development Certificate” .                                                                                    

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold                                                                    Action DP

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.                                              Action DP

6.    Keep searching for a replacement cricket shed.                                                      Action DP

7.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask.                                                                                                          Action VH

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                            Action DP

JOBS 

8.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                      Action ALL

10. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming.  It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches.  FH is contacting Hans Johnson.

11. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger).      Action DP

12. Clock needs new battery                                                                                              Action DP

Football 

13. No problems.  The pitch is looking good.

Finance:

14. Bank balance is £9811.  Outgoings in month included £497 (insurance).  Electricity is £10 per month.  A VAT repayment had been received.

Cricket Club

15. Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season is £530.

16. The PC had probably not been informed that the CC had said they would do all the grass cutting if the PC paid them instead of the contractor.  VB to ask IB.  If not, DP to email PC        Action: VB/DP

17. DP had drafted letter to Frank.  TW to get address.                                                 Action TW

18. Whist receipts counted and retained by VH for Bingo. 

Fund Raising 

19. Bonus Club.  No action

Christmas Bingo

20.   It was agreed to run one.

a.    Meet at hall at 5pm to set up.                                                                                 Action All

b.    Hall booked.  Doors open 7pm, eyes down 7.30.                                               Action: DP

c.    Check we have enough books of cards                                                              Action: VH

d.    Caller – FH has agreed                                                                                          Action: VH

e.    Check the balls are all there                                                                                  Action: AD

f.     Bar – buy stock                                                                                                         Action: DP

g.    Tea Coffee                                                                                                                Action: VH

h.    Mince Pies                                                                                                                Action: All

i.      Floats                                                                                                                         Action: VB

j.      Mulled Wine                                                                                                             Action: JB

k.    Advertising 

i.      Frome papers, Parish Mags                                                                             Action: DP

ii.    Leaflet drop                                                                                                 

(1)  DP – E end of village to Bellfield and Primrose Cottage

(2)  VB – Fairleigh House & The Bell to White House

(3)  TW – The Shieling to W end of village

(4)  VH – Park Hayes

(5)  JB – Tadhill & Townsend

(6)  AD – Outlyers

(7)  MB – School Bags (VB to print)

l.      Prizes

i.      Turkey voucher (£25), Hamper                                                                        Action: VH

ii.    Other                                                                                                                    Action: All

iii.   JB to ask Brian for a meal voucher

Whist  

ROTA

17 Jan

21 Feb

TW

 

 

 

21. Print scorecards-  done

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

Fair

23. Next year’s Fair was discussed:

a.    It would better if the bar for the day and evening events were run by the same group, to minimise waste.

b.    We should look at the possibility of running the bar ourselves.

c.    The evening event (if there is one) should be run on the lines as the rest of the Fair.

d.    There is no dog show planned

Health & Safety.

24. Playground Safety report update: 

a.    Dogs on field.   Improving.

Regular Items

25. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov.                                                              Action: VH

26. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

27. Report for Parish Magazine-  None in Jan

28. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

29. Licence.  Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers.  DP to continue.      Action: DP

30. Boiler service booked for 17 Dec

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 6 January

at the rec at 7.30