Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 6 January 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, David Pattison

Apologies: Vanessa Barnes, Matt Bennett

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 2 Dec were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    IB is getting another estimate from the original bidder.                                           Action VB

3.    Mendip DC had STILL not determined the application by the PC for a  “Lawful Development Certificate” .                                                                                                             

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold                                                        Action DP

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.                                              Action DP

6.    Find a replacement cricket shed.                                                                                Action DP

7.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask.                                                                                                          Action VH

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                            Action DP

JOBS 

8.    One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                      Action ALL

10. The ash tree close to TW’s house needs trimming.  It was agreed to cut back overhanging branches.  FH is contacting Hans Johnson.

11. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger).      Action DP

12. Clock needs new battery                                                                                              Action DP

Football 

13. No games since before Christmas, next is 18 Jan.  The pitch is in good condition but very wet.

Finance:

Cricket Club

14. Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season is £530.

15. The PC have agreed to do the grass cutting as last season.

16. DP had drafted letter to Frank.  TW to get address.  DP to try ringing.          Action TW/DP

 

Fund Raising 

17. Bonus Club.  January winners were: Brenda Wigmore and Bryan Johnson

Christmas Bingo

18.   A good evening.  Overall profit was £408. 

Whist  

ROTA

17 Jan

21 Feb

TW

VH

 

 

19. Print scorecards if necessary.

20. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

Fair

a.    VH attended last meeting.  Considering charging for parking as people park (or at field entrance after rush has died down).

Health & Safety.

b.    Nil issues.

Regular Items

21. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Dec.                                                              Action: VH

22. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

23. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates, Bingo thanks and profit, AGM date

24. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

25. Licence.  Rod Camborne has agreed to train bar servers.  DP to continue.      Action: DP

26. Boiler service done 17 Dec

27. Hedge Cutting.  JB to arrange (both sides this year).

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 17 Feb

at the rec at 7.30

Subsequent meetings:  10 Mar, 7 April