Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Matt Bennett, Vikki Batten, David Pattison
Apologies: Trevor Wells
1. Vikki Batten was welcomed to the committee as the new Parish Council representative, and completed the Register of Members and Declaration of Eligibility.
2. The minutes of the meetings held on 17 Feb were agreed.
SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT
3. IB can not get another estimate from the original bidder. It was agreed that DP would try. Action DP
4. DP went through the Planning Permission form and it was agreed to submit it to the Parish Council for completion submission to MDC. Action DP
5. VH had completd and submitted an application for a grant from Crimebeat.
6. Awards for All and grant application – on hold
7. Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.
8. Find a replacement cricket shed.
a. VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.
b. VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”. Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask.
c. DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required. Action DP
10. The diseased chestnut near the main entrance had been felled by VH & FH.
11. FH & VH had started stripping the paint in preparation for a new flooring for the showers. There are technical difficulties with the drain, and the first quote id evry expensive (£800). Looking for lower quotes. Action: VH
12. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash VH FH
a. Tiles around both swings cleaned. Sealant when dry Action ALL
14. The ash tree close to TW’s house has been trimmed.
15. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger). Action DP
16. It was agreed to have a working party on 23 March 1030am, focussing on clearing brambles and the car park.
17. First game since before Christmas expected this weekend. It was agreed to inform the CC that football would be permitted to the end of the season unless the CC paid their debts.
18. Bank balance £9579.
19. 2013 accounts nearly finished. Action VB
20. VH passed over a cheque for the boat parking, and receipts for paint stripper etc. DP passed over the whist float and a receipt for drinks. Action VB1
21. Need to pay the rent! Action VB
23. Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season is £530.
24. DP had drafted letter to Frank. TW to get address. DP to try ringing. Action TW/DP
25. Bonus Club. March winners were: Drew & Rosine Houston and Jon & Kate Coles.
26. Print scorecards if necessary. Check booze.
27. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30. Action: All
28. All OK.
Health & Safety.
29. Fire extinguishers were checked. Fire brigade don’t do that. What do hall do? Action AD
30. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Feb. Action: VH
31. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked. All OK. Action DP
32. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Dates (not 3rd Fri in Apr – Easter), AGM date
33. Check Monthly list of jobs:. Nil
Any Other Business :
34. Licence. DP suggested we rethink our strategy, and use club licence by all joining the Social Club again. Need to think about it. Action: All
35. Hedge Cutting. It is now too late. So won’t do it this year.
36. Lottery Registration. Form passed to VB, check signed (£20) Action VB
37. AGM arrangements: Draft Annual Statement (VH), Accounts(VB1), all confirmed they will be standing again.
38. Mower needs new battery. VH was authorised to buy one. Action VH
Date of next meeting Mon 7 April at the rec
AGM at 7.30
Committee meeting at 8.00