Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 10 March 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Matt Bennett, Vikki Batten, David Pattison

Apologies: Trevor Wells

1.    Vikki Batten was welcomed to the committee as the new Parish Council representative, and completed the Register of Members and Declaration of Eligibility.

2.    The minutes of the meetings held on 17 Feb were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    IB can not get another estimate from the original bidder.  It was agreed that DP would try.                                                                                                                                       Action DP

4.    DP went through the Planning Permission form and it was agreed to submit it to the Parish Council for completion submission to MDC.                                                                           Action DP

5.    VH had completd and submitted an application for a grant from Crimebeat.

6.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

7.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

8.    Find a replacement cricket shed.

9.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

10. The diseased chestnut near the main entrance had been felled by VH & FH.

11. FH & VH had started stripping the paint in preparation for a new flooring for the showers.  There are technical difficulties with the drain, and the first quote id evry expensive (£800).  Looking for lower quotes.                                                                                                                             Action: VH

12. One more tree (the split one) to come down near E stile when field dries out. Plus thinning of large ash                                                                                                                                   VH FH

13. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

14. The ash tree close to TW’s house has been trimmed.

15. Car park sign to be made permanent. (JB has spike, VH’s Dad has auger).      Action DP

16. It was agreed to have a working party on 23 March 1030am, focussing on clearing brambles and the car park.

 

Football 

17. First game since before Christmas expected this weekend.  It was agreed to inform the CC that football would be permitted to the end of the season unless the CC paid their debts. 

Finance:

18. Bank balance £9579. 

19. 2013 accounts nearly finished.                                                                                   Action VB

20. VH passed over a cheque for the boat parking, and receipts for paint stripper etc.  DP passed over the whist float and a receipt for drinks.                                                                             Action VB1

21. Need to pay the rent!                                                                                                     Action VB

22.  

Cricket Club

23. Fees owing at the end of the 2013 season is £530.

24. DP had drafted letter to Frank.  TW to get address.  DP to try ringing.          Action TW/DP

Fund Raising 

25. Bonus Club.  March winners were: Drew & Rosine Houston and Jon & Kate Coles.

Whist  

ROTA

 

 

21 March

11 April

15 May

JB

VH

 

26. Print scorecards if necessary.  Check booze.

27. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.                                                           Action: All

Fair

28. All OK. 

Health & Safety.

29. Fire extinguishers were checked.  Fire brigade don’t do that.  What do hall do?                                                                                                                                                         Action AD

Regular Items

30. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Feb.                                                               Action: VH

31. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

32. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates (not 3rd Fri in Apr – Easter), AGM date

33. Check Monthly list of jobs:.   Nil

Any Other Business

34. Licence.  DP suggested we rethink our strategy, and use club licence by all joining the Social Club again.   Need to think about it.                                                                              Action: All

35. Hedge Cutting.  It is now too late.   So won’t do it this year.                           

36. Lottery Registration.  Form passed to VB, check signed (£20)                              Action VB

37. AGM arrangements:  Draft Annual Statement (VH),  Accounts(VB1), all confirmed they will be standing again.

38. Mower needs new battery.  VH was authorised to buy one.                                  Action VH

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 7 April at the rec

AGM  at 7.30

Committee meeting at 8.00