Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 14 July 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, David Pattison

Apologies: Vanessa Barnes, Vikki Batten,  Matt Bennett, Anthea Brooks,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 9 June were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    We still need another estimate.  DP would try.                                                         Action DP

3.    DP had consulted JR re the Planning Permission, and had made a new drawing of the cricket shed and requested new drawings from Kye at MBE.  No reply yet.  Will try to have a meeting with the planners before applying again.                                                                                 Action DP

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

6.    It was agreed that we proceed on the basis of moving the existing shed, for planning purposes.  If we need to get a new one, we will do an amendment to the Planning Permission.  Find a replacement cricket shed  - on hold

7.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

8.    It was agreed that V&FH would buy tiles for the changing room floor.  (VB can get a discount).  To be done between cricket and football.                                                                             Action: VH

9.    Large ash has been thinned, but is still very big.                                                    VH FH

10. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

11. Car park weed killer – needs doing again soon

12. Benches – oil is with VH – AD next.. 

Football 

13.  Last cricket confirmed 30 Aug.  Frome Town Sports are booked in to start early Sept.                                                                                                                                               Action TW

Finance:

14. Need to pay the rent!                                                                                              Action V Batten

15. Electricity bill has gone up to £38 per month, which was not understood.  Meter was read (25775). 

16. The bank balance as at 16th June was £11083.31. Since then £500 from the Crime prevention trust has been banked and the LOM fair chq for £440 has been received.

17. Steve Willis attended and handed over a cheque for £250 as part payment of Cricket Club debt.  DP agreed to give him a copy of the letter sent to Barry Gould, which included:

“Fees now owing - £1030” (since reduced to £780 by above cheque)

“This situation is unacceptable, and there are many on the committee who are not prepared to continue to do business with the cricket club unless they pay their way.    As Trustees of a charity, it is our legal obligation to make sure that we run our finances properly, and we are subject to audit by the Charity Commission. 

Please pay us this amount or at least a £500 before the end of July and the remainder by the end of August. We do not want this debt to be carried over to next year.”

Cricket Club

18. Fees – see above.

19. The new chairman is Steve Phelps of Stoke St Michael.  (PMN  Phone book does not provide an address – there are 2 Phelps shown in SSM, neither fits.)

20. Letter to Barry was sent re debts. 

21. The CC had been donated a fridge and had replaced the defective one.

Fund Raising 

22. Bonus Club.  July winners were: Julian Back and Stacey Showering.

23. This was the last draw of this round.  Agreed to start a new one in Sept.  DP to initiate selling lists, ticket sales to be complete in Aug in time fro first draw on 6 Sept.                                               Action DP

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

18 July

19 Sept

 

VH

TW

 

24. Print scorecards if necessary.  Check booze.

25. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

26. Lessons learned:

a.    Generally, all went well.  Bar worked fine, tables outside was good.  Parking much better than last year.

b.    Too much beer, not enough cider – accurate data on usage held by DP

c.    Need a bigger float at the bar.

d.    A buyer had enquired after the list of winners of the raffle – it was suggested that it should go on the website so everyone could see it. (DP has suggested to DP3)

Health & Safety.

27. To get a contact for the people who do the hall fire extinguishers.                      Action AD

28. MB provided a brochure including fire extinguishers.  It may be cheaper to buy new ones.  Could time inspections to coincide with school/hall, to cut costs.                                    Action DP

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June.                                                            Action: VH

30. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

31. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates, Pump Track

32. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 11 Aug at the rec at 7.30