Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 11 August 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies: Vikki Batten,  Matt Bennett, Anthea Brooks, Trevor Wells,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 14 July were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    We still need another estimate.  DP would try.                                                         Action DP

3.    Still response from Kye at MBE to request for new drawings.  VB will contact Nick Larson to enquire about Kye’s availability.  Will try to have a meeting with the planners before applying again.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

6.    It was agreed that we proceed on the basis of moving the existing shed, for planning purposes.  If we need to get a new one, we will do an amendment to the Planning Permission.  Find a replacement cricket shed  - on hold

7.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

8.    V&FH had bought tiles for the changing room floor.  To be done in week of 6 Sept.                                                                                                                                                  Action: VH

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

10. Car park weed killer – needs doing again soon

11. Benches – oil is with VH – AD next.. 

12. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH/FH to see if they have spare brackets.             Action VH

13. Rear of clubhouse needs ivy/bramble removal.  Agreed to have a working party after the Sept meeting.

Football 

14.  Frome Town Sports start early Sept.                                                                  

Finance:

15. Need to pay the rent!                                                                                              Action V Batten

16. Electricity bill has now gone down, but only by £2 to £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

14/7/14

11/8/14

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reading

25775

25802

 

 

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

 

27

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr ex st ch £    /m)

 

4.32

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was agreed to reduce usage by meeting in the pub in winter, and to monitor every meeting.  Meter added to monthly job list. 

17. The bank balance as at 15 July was £12,123, up by £1040.

18. The Cricket Club cheque had bounced, but they had since handed over £340 in cash, which had been banked.  Fees now owing are £1030 - £340 = £690.   Steve Phelps, the new Cricket Club Chairman had been invited to attend this meeting, but had not appeared.  It was agreed to send a letter asking for the £690 by the end of September, and a payment plan for future years.                                                                                                                                         Action DP

Cricket Club

19. Fees – see above.

Fund Raising 

20. Bonus Club.  VH and AD handed over lists and cash to DP. 

21. It was agreed to reallocate VB’s list.

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

18 July

19 Sept

 

VH

TW

 

22. Print scorecards if necessary.  Check booze.

23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Health & Safety.

24. The hall fire extinguishers are maintained by Chubb for £44 per annum.  DP to get contact info from DenisP.                                                                                                                            Action AD

Regular Items

25. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in July.                                                              Action: VH

26. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

27. Electric meter reading.

28. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates,

29. Check Monthly list of jobs:.  

Any Other Business

30. Charity Commission Annual Update done, ex one detail.                                     Action DP

31. LOMCA hiring earned £20.  Comments afterwards included:

a.    Ramp stowage should be kept clear of obstruction                                           Action VH

b.    Tables & chairs in disabled toilet are in the way.  Agreed to clear out area by closed off door and keep them there.                                                                                                      Action ??

c.    There was also another incident with the ramp.  It is not held in place when down, and can fall off the door step.  It was agreed to investigate locating pins/other methods.                  Action DP

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 8 Sept at the rec at 7.30