Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 8 September 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies: Vikki Batten,  Matt Bennett, Anthea Brooks, Julian Back, Trevor Wells,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 11 August were agreed.

CRICKET CLUB  The Chairman, Captain, and Ground keeper of the CC attended the meeting for this item. 

2.    The CC handed over £692, which cleared all their outstanding debts, and agreed to pay £430 per annum in future (£250 in May and £180 in July).   VH thanked them for this and for attending. 

3.    VH asked what issues the CC would like addressed at the rec.  The CC mentioned moles, the shower heads.

4.    The CC had done well in the 2014 season, coming 4th in the league, and fielding a second team throughout.  It was agreed that RFMC would include CC in their publicity with a view to encouraging local people, especially youngsters, to join.

5.    The moving of the storage shed was discussed.  The existing shed had been broken into recently (by removing wall panels) and a scarifier stolen.  CC proposed that they build the new shed from blockwork, which would be more secure.  RFMC agreed, and the CC agreed to provide a design.                                                                                                                                    Action CC

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

6.    We still need another estimate.  DP would try.                                                         Action DP

7.    After VB’s intervention, Kye at MBE had phoned and promised the new drawings, but no sign of them yet.  Needs another chase.                                                                                Action DP

8.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

9.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

10. Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

11. FH had made an excellent job of tiling the shower room floor, and the committee thanked him for his work. 

12. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

13. Car park weed killer – needs doing again soon

14. Benches – oil is with VH – AD next..                                                                         Action AD

15. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH/FH to see if they have spare brackets.                                                                                                                                                Action VH

16. Rear of clubhouse needs ivy/bramble removal.                                                       Action DP

17.  Wooden Engine repairs.  DP to buy wood if less than £50                                  Action DP

18. Playground gate need adjustment                                                                             Action DP

19. Changing room corridor needs painting.

20. Shed door needs fixing                                                                                                Action DP

21. Ramp stowage should be kept clear of obstruction                                                 Action VH

22. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet are in the way.  Agreed to clear out area by closed off door and keep them there.                                                                                                                      Action AD

23. The ramp is not held in place when down, and can fall off the door step.  It was agreed to investigate locating pins/other methods.                                                                                       Action DP

24.  

Football 

25.  Frome Town Sports start early Sept.                                                                  

Finance:

26. The rent has been paid.

27. Electricity bill has now gone down, but only by £2 to £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

14/7/14

11/8/14

8/9/14

 

 

 

 

 

Reading

25775

25802

25834

 

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

 

27

32

 

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + st ch 25p/day)

 

11.32

12.12

 

 

 

 

 

 

28. VH handed over receipts for shower materials and £51 bowls money for 2014.

Cricket Club

29. Fees – see above.

Fund Raising 

30. Bonus Club.  DP had banked £890, and paid out September’s prizes to Malcom Young and Julie Davidson.  5 outstanding:

a.    Stacey has paid AD and £10 was passed to VB

b.    Kylie & Vicky to be chased.

c.    Others to be found if possible.


Whist  

 

ROTA

 

19 Sept

17 Oct

21 Nov

TW

DP

 

31. Print scorecards if necessary.  Check booze.

32. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Health & Safety.

33. The hall fire extinguishers are maintained by Chubb for £44 per annum.  DP to get contact info from DenisP (CPC).                                                                                                               Action AD

Regular Items

34. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Aug.                                                              Action: VH

35. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

36. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates, Cricket, Shower

37. Check Monthly list of jobs:.   Nil

Any Other Business

38. Charity Commission Annual Update done, ex one detail.                                     Action DP

39. Check insurance renewal dates                                                                                 Action DP

40. Rec had been offered an oak tree – it was agreed to accept.                                Action DP

41. It may be possible to make a small goal from scaffolding poles owned by John Davis.  Agreed to go ahead.                                                                                                                              Action DP

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 6 Oct at the rec at 7.30