Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 6 October 2014

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Vanessa Barnes, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, David Pattison

Apologies: Vikki Batten,  Matt Bennett, Anthea Brooks, Alan Dagger

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 8 Sept were agreed.

SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    We still need another estimate.  DP would try.                                                         Action DP

3.    Kye at MBE had phoned and promised the new drawings, but still no sign of them yet.  Needs yet another chase.  We could do the drawing ourselves, given the data           .      Action DP

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

6.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

7.    The Cricket Club had proposed that they build the new shed from blockwork, which would be more secure.  RFMC agreed, and the CC agreed to provide a design.                         Action CC

JOBS 

8.    The shower heads are blocked.                                                                                  Action DP

9.    Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

10. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

11. Rear of clubhouse needs ivy/bramble removal.                                                       Action DP

12.  Wooden Engine repairs.  DP to buy wood if less than £50                                  Action DP

13. Playground gate need adjustment                                                                             Action DP

14. Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

15. Shed door needs fixing                                                                                                Action DP

16. Ramp stowage should be kept clear of obstruction                                                 Action All

17. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet are in the way.  Agreed to clear out area by closed off door and keep them there.                                                                                                                      Action All

18. The ramp is not held in place when down, and can fall off the door step.  It was agreed to investigate locating pins/other methods.                                                                                       Action DP

Football 

19.  All going well.                                                                                                        

Finance:

20. Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

14/7/14

11/8/14

8/9/14

6/10/14

 

 

 

 

Reading

25775

25802

25834

25859

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

 

27

32

25

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + st ch 25p/day)

 

11.32

12.12

11.00

 

 

 

 

 

21. It was agreed to buy a safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                                                                                                                                        Action VB

22. VH handed to DP the whist float, plus £70 from the private cricket match, less £20 to pay one of the Bonus Club prizes.

23. The cricket match had included one six which damaged TW’s caravan.  DP had submitted an insurance claim, which had been acknowledged.  TW passed over an estimate for repairs.

Cricket Club  -  Nil

Fund Raising 

24. Bonus Club.  Outstanding tickets:Kylie & Vicky to be chased.

25. Oct winners were Vanessa & Ian Barnes and Simon & Julie Coe.  VH to pay the Coes (see above).  VB to pay herself!

BINGO

26. It was agreed to run the usual Christmas Bingo.  DP to book hall for Sat 6 Dec.

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

19 Sept

17 Oct

21 Nov

TW

DP

TW or AD?

27. Print scorecards if necessary.  Booze OK.

28. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Health & Safety.

29. The hall fire extinguishers are maintained by Chubb for £44 per annum.  DP to get contact info from DenisP (CPC).                                                                                                               Action DP

Regular Items

30. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept.                                                             Action: VH

31. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

32. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist Dates, Bingo

33. Check Monthly list of jobs:.   Nil

Any Other Business

34. Charity Commission Annual Update done, ex one detail.                                     Action DP

35. 3rd party Insurance had been renewed

36. Rec had been offered an oak tree – it was agreed to accept.                                Action DP

37. It may be possible to make a small goal from scaffolding poles owned by John Davis.  Agreed to go ahead.                                                                                                                              Action DP

38. JB will try to get hedges cut before Christmas.                                                         Action JB

39. The main goal posts are approaching the end of their life.  Vicki Taylor has agreed to try for a Sports Council Grant.

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 10 Nov at the PUB at 7.30