Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 12 January 2015

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, Alan Dagger, Anthea Brooks, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies: Vikki Batten, Matt Bennett

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 10 Nov and 1 Dec were agreed and signed.

2.    Anthea Brooks had been sent the Charity Scheme and policy documents.                 

3.    SKATE PARK / PUMP TRACK PROJECT

4.    In December, Adrian Smith had offered to assist with the Planning Application, had met with DP and VH, and been sent the relevant documentation.  Adrian lives in Leigh and works in a planning consultancy, so his knowledge and contacts should be very useful.

5.    Adrian attended this part of the meeting:

a.    A colleague of his will look at the drawings and give a quote for producing drawings which will meet the planning requirements.  Adrian has spoken to MBE and got more information.

b.     An arboricultural specialist has offered to advise free of charge, and will quote for a survey if necessary.  He requested a photo of the part of the hedge which requires removal.  ACTION DP In the absence of crops, we will not need to remove any hedge, just some barbed wire fence.

c.    Adrian can survey the ground levels.

d.    We will need details of the shed.  It was agreed that it should be the same size as the existing shed, rendered, with a pitched roof, preferably with wooden doors.   DP to contact cricket club.  DP and VH to decide position Thu 10am                                                     Action DP/VH

e.    Do we know the width of the track?                                                                     Action DP

f.     Adian was sincerely thanked for offering to help.

6.    We still need another estimate.  DP would try.                                                         Action DP

7.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

8.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

9.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

10. Playground

a.    Tiles around both swings cleaned.  Sealant when dry                                    Action ALL

11. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

12. Rear of clubhouse needs ivy/bramble removal.                                                       Action DP

13.  Wooden Engine repairs.  DP has not found a source. Davis Sparkes has offered a telegraph pole, due to be removed when his house is rebuilt.                                                         Action AD

14. N Playground gate broken.                                                                                          Action DP

15. Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

16. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet are in the way.  Agreed to clear out area by closed off door and keep them there.                                                                                                                      Action All

17. The ramp is not held in place when down, and can fall off the door step.  It was agreed to investigate locating pins/other methods.                                                                                       Action DP

18. Boiler not working                                                                                                          Action FH

19. The main goals posts are approaching the end of their life.  New ones cost £100 to buy.  Grant awards are only available for new projects, not replacing existing ones.  VH proposed to ask Duo (LJH) if they could help.  If not, Derek Robinson is in the steelwork business.             Action VH

20. Hedge cutting.  JB will try another source.                                                                Action JB

Football 

21.  All going well.

Finance:

22. Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

14/7/14

11/8/14

8/9/14

6/10/14

11/11/14

13/1/15

 

 

Reading

25775

25802

25834

25859

25862

25920

 

 

Usage KWhr

 

27

32

25

3

58

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + st ch 25p/day)

 

11.32

12.12

11.00

9.48

25.03

 

 

 

23. It was agreed to buy a safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                                                                                                                                        Action VB

24. VH had paid for white liner – cheque signed.

25. Insurance Claim.  Settled

26. Cricket warning signs by the playground are in hand.  Agreed 2 are needed.  Dog signs done.                                                                                                                                          Action VH

27. Parish Council contribution towards the replacement signs.   DP had responded yes please.

Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising 

28. Bonus Club. 

a.    Dec winners were Bryan Johnson and no-one. Paid.

b.    Jan winners were VH and Caroline Harris.  2x £20 passed to VH and TW by VB.

 

BINGO

29. VB reported a profit of over £300.  Attendance was disappointing.

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

16 Jan

20 Feb

20 Mar

DP

TW

 

30. Print scorecards if necessary.  Booze OK.

31. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

32. Attendance was good in Nov – so continuing.

Fair

33. Current plans are: No dog show.  Disco rather than  barn dance.  Rec planning to do parking, gates, bars again.

Health & Safety.

34. DP had contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, awaiting a response.                                                                                                                                                     Action DP

Regular Items

35. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov and Dec .                                             Action: VH

36. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

37. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist, Bingo, Pump Track.  VH will draft a paragraph about the Pump Track, to be copied to website and facebook.

38. Check Monthly list of jobs:.   Nil

Any Other Business

39. Charity Commission Annual Update done, ex one detail.                                     Action DP

40. Rec had been offered an oak tree – it was agreed to accept.                                Action DP

41. It may be possible to make a small goal from scaffolding poles owned by John Davis.  Agreed to go ahead.                                                                                                                              Action DP

42. Somerset Wildlife Trust Wild Flower Meadow project.  It was agreed to invite SWT to advise on where wildflowers could be grown on the rec.                                                                     Action AB

43. 2 Non return valves are required for the gas cylinders.  VH was authorised to buy them, at around £20ea.                                                                                                                              Action VH

44. Ian Tucker had asked to hire the field for a marquee based family celebration.  It was agreed to ask for a donation, subject to:  not exclusive use of the field, carpet, agree toilet issue.                 Action DP

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 9 Feb at the PUB at 7.30