Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 18 May 2015

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:, Anthea Brooks, Julian Back

Steve Willis also attended on behalf of the Cricket Club for that part of the meeting.

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 13 April were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    AS had received a reply from the tree specialist, who stated that costly root protection would be required where the track ran across the “Root Protection Areas”.  It may be cheaper to fell the trees and plant others elsewhere, as a mitigation.  It was agreed to ask how many trees would be needed, and what do we need to do next?                                                                               Action DP

3.    We still need another estimate.  On hold.

4.    Awards for All and grant application – on hold 

5.    Ralph & Irma Sperring application still to be tackled.

6.    Materials.

a.    VH had an offer from Whatley – 40t 803 aggregate free 40t tarmac (2 varieties) for about £2k, all including delivery.

b.    VH had spoken to Hans Johnson re Wainwrights and the 800t of “dirt”.  Hans reported that it is a bad time to ask. 

c.    DP to check on the discrepancy in quantity of dirt required.                           Action DP

JOBS 

7.    Village working party on 17 May was very well attended and productive :

a.    Rear of clubhouse ivy/bramble removed

b.     Wooden Engine repairs.  Half done.  DP has bought bolts to complete.

c.    New goals posts installed.  Installed

d.    More finer gravel applied to the slope inside the small gate.

e.    Posts for signs painted

f.     Branches from felled tree removed.

8.    Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

9.    Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

10.  Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.                                                                                                                                     

11. The ramp is not held in place when down, and can fall off the door step.  DP has developed a design, which was agreed.  Done

12. Fence behind play area to be reinstated and area tidied.

13. Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

14. It was also agreed that more dog signs are needed.                                               Action VH

Football  Nil

Finance:

15. Electricity Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

14/7/14

11/8/14

8/9/14

6/10/14

11/11/14

13/1/15

9/2/15

17/3/15

13/4/15

18/5/15

Reading

25775

25802

25834

25859

25862

25920

25989

26029

26069

26151

Usage KWhr

 

27

32

25

3

58

69

40

40

82

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

 

11.32

12.12

11.00

9.48

25.03

17.79

15.65

13.15

21.87

Note

 

 

 

 

 

2 months

 

 

 

2 whists

 

16. It was agreed to buy a safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                                                                                                                                        Action VB

17. VH passed to VB receipts for parts for the mower, and a football cheque.

Cricket Club 

18. Steve Willis was present for this section.

19. SW passed £200 to VB as the CC payment for the start of season and was thanked.

20. SW confirmed that the CC insurance covers 3rd party liability, but there was no clarity on whether that included activities like mowing the field etc.  SW agreed to pass a copy of the CC insurance to RFMC to check, before the next match.                                                                                 Action SW

21. There was also discussion of liability for damage to cars in the car park, and it was agreed to put up suitable signs.                                                                                                                Action DP

Fund Raising 

22. Bonus Club.  May winners were Tony Gould and Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot.  Tony to be contacted re payment.                                                                                                                     Action DP

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

15 May

19 June

17 July

DP

 

 

23. Print scorecards if necessary (DP).  Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

24. Current plans are: No dog show.  Disco rather than  barn dance.  Rec planning to do parking, gates, bars again. Awaiting quarry decision on marquee.

25. Rota.  All to let JB know their availability.                                                                  Action ALL

26. Post its to allow fair helpers free parking were passed to AD.

27. Buy Booze - In hand.  (see DP list attached, includes fruit shoots).             Action DP/JB

28. VH will put out cones early.

29. Post meeting  - last year we also bought a box of plain crisps – can the same person get another?

Health & Safety.

30. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

Regular Items

31. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Apr.                                                               Action: VH

32. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

33. Report for Parish Magazine-  Working Party, Bonus Club, Whist. Duo thks                  Action DP

34. Check Monthly list of jobs:.   Plasters added to first aid box.                                 

Any Other Business

35. Rec had been offered an oak tree – it was agreed to accept.                                Action DP

36. It may be possible to make a small goal from scaffolding poles owned by John Davis.  Agreed to go ahead.                                                                                                                              Action DP

37. Wild Flower Meadow project.  Possibly to get Jake Chant to come to the Rec Field and have a look?                                                                                                                                          Action AB

38. 2 Non return valves are required for the gas cylinders.  VH was authorised to buy them, at around £20ea.                                                                                                                              Action VH

 

Date Of Next Meeting 8 June 7.30 at the rec