Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8 June 2015

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes (part time), Anthea Brooks, David Pattison

Apologies:, Trevor Wells, Julian Back

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 18 May were agreed and signed.  This was a short meeting to discuss urgent items only.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    DP and VH had agreed to meet Adrian Smith, the tree specialist at the rec on 16 June to agree a mitigation plan/way ahead                                                                                    Action DP/VH

JOBS 

Football  Nil

Finance:

3.    Electricity Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.    The request for the annual sub from the Somerset Playing Fields As’n had been received.  A cheque for £15 was signed.                                                                                                       Action VB

5.    VB paid VH for receipted expenses by cheque.

Cricket Club 

6.    Steve Willis was present for this section.

7.    SW passed £200 to VB as the CC payment for the start of season and was thanked.

8.    SW confirmed that the CC insurance covers 3rd party liability, but there was no clarity on whether that included activities like mowing the field etc.  SW agreed to pass a copy of the CC insurance to RFMC to check, before the next match.                                                                                 Action SW

9.    There was also discussion of liability for damage to cars in the car park, and it was agreed to put up suitable signs.                                                                                                                Action DP

Fund Raising 

10. Bonus Club.  June winners were the WI and Matt from Herbert Dunn House.  Tony has agreed his winnings will go to next year’s tickets.                                                                       Action DP

11. DP to check when this round finishes. (Post Meeting: The current Bonus Club runs until Aug 2015, so we have until 5 Sept to sell all the tickets. DP will  start preparing the lists etc.                    Action DP

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

15 May

19 June

17 July

DP

????????

 

12. Print scorecards if necessary (DP).  Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

13. Rota.  JB had issued a rota, but still needs volunteers.                                          Action ALL

14. Post its to allow fair helpers free parking were passed out.

15. Buy Booze - In hand.  (see DP list attached, includes fruit shoots).             Action DP/JB

16. VH to buy crisps

17. Preparation:

a.    VH?VB will put out cones late Fri.

b.    DP/DP lining out Thurs?  Lining fluid checked.

c.    VH strimming Thursday, including both parking field gates

d.    VH/DP to put out signs Fri 0930, & rope off access area/disabled parking/cricket square

Health & Safety.

Regular Items

18. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in May.                                                              Action: VH

19. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

20. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist. Duo thks                                 Action DP

Any Other Business

21. It was agreed to ask the PC for £500 towards a small goal                                    Action AB

 

Date Of Next Meeting 13 July 7.30 at the rec