Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 13 July 2015

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes (part time), Anthea Brooks, David Pattison

Apologies:, Trevor Wells, Julian Back

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 8 June were agreed and signed. 

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    DP and VH had met Alister Rankine, the tree specialist and, after consultation, agree to pay him £250 + VAT for a report recommending removal of the trees and a mitigation plan, including consultation with MDC.

JOBS

3.     Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.            Action VH

4.    Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

5.     Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

6.    Hedge behind play area has been planted with additional trees.

7.    Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

8.    VH had procured more dog signs, and will put them up.                                       Action VH

9.    2 Non return valves are required for the gas cylinders.  VH was authorised to buy them, at around £20ea.                                                                                                                              Action VH

10. Put up suitable signs about liability for damage to cars in the car park.              Action DP

Football 

11. The PC had offered to pay for a goal, but required specific details and assurances re security and safety.  After considerable debate about a small goal for informal football, it was agreed that:

a.    Since we have no suitable storage, and we want the goal to be accessible for play at all times, a unit suitable for permanent placement on the field was required.  This means an item resistant to weather and to damage by vandalism.

b.    The likelihood of theft means that it must be secured in place.

c.    Falls from toppling goals are a significant source of deaths in play.  Therefore a very stable item is required, and a low crossbar is preferred.  Attachment to prevent toppling is also preferable.

12. It was agreed that a fairly small, heavy steel goal, chained to a tree in such a way as to prevent toppling was the best answer.  The goal could be moved from  tree to tree when the grass wears.  DP agreed to identify suitable items and make a proposal to the PC.                        Action DP

Finance:

13. 2014 accounts are nearly ready and are required for the Charity Commission annual report.

14. Electricity Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

26222

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15. The annual sub for the Somerset Playing Fields As’n had been paid.

16. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

17. Need to ensure the insurance renewal is dealt with when DP is away.  DP to divert correspondence to VH.                                                                                                                               Action DP

18. PC have requested copies of our insurance.                                                           Action DP

Cricket Club 

19. SW confirmed that the CC insurance covers 3rd party liability, but there was no clarity on whether that included activities like mowing the field etc.  SW agreed to pass a copy of the CC insurance to RFMC to check, before the next match.                                                                                 Action SW

20. There was also discussion of liability for damage to cars in the car park, and it was agreed to put up suitable signs (sign shop in Badcox).                                                                        Action DP

Fund Raising

21. Bonus Club.  July winners were Rose & Vinn Martin and Gary Clarke..            Action VH

22. The current Bonus Club runs until Aug 2015, so we have until 5 Sept to sell all the tickets. DP will prepare the lists etc.                                                                                                      Action DP

Whist  None in Aug

 

ROTA

 

19 June

17 July

21 Sept

DP

VH

 

23. Print scorecards if necessary (DP).  Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

24. Feedback.  The share was slightly disappointing.  It was felt that more income should be generated by one or more of :

a.    Entrance fee

b.    Higher parking charges

c.    Better siting of main gate programme seller

d.    Higher drink prices

e.    No competition to be allowed for Fair Committee fund raising stalls – including the bar!!

25. AD agreed to be next year’s Fair rep.

Health & Safety.

26. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

 

Regular Items

27. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June.                                                            Action: VH

28. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

29. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist. Duo thks, graffiti. July article not printed. copy to AB.                                                                                                                                    Action DP

Any Other Business

30. Wild Flower Meadow project.  Going ahead.  Som Wildlife can provide seed (harvested locally and grown on), prepare ground and provide fencing as necessary                            Action DP

31. 2 Non return valves are required for the gas cylinders.  VH was authorised to buy them, at around £20ea.                                                                                                                              Action VH

32. PC had asked for contribution to a defibrillator.  Initial cost about £2000.  It was agreed that it was inappropriate for the RFMC to return money to the PC, but it was agreed to ask the Footballers and CC to contribute.                                                                                                     Action VH/DP

33. The PC wish to transfer some assets from their register to ours. 

34. The PC wished to see our Risk Register.  It is not ready for publication.

 

Date Of Next Meeting 14 Sept 7.30 at the rec (apologies from DP)