Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 13th October 2015

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Julian Back

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 14 Sept were agreed and signed. 

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.      DP had contacted Alister and asked him to proceed.

3.    Adrian Smith had reported that the survey is complete.  It was agreed to keep chasing and to keep in contact with Kye.                                                                                                     Action VH/DP

JOBS

4.     Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.            Action VH

5.    Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

6.     Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

7.    Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

8.    2 Non return valves are required for the gas cylinders.  VH was authorised to buy them, at around £20ea.                                                                                                                              Action VH

9.    Put up suitable signs about liability for damage to cars in the car park.              Action DP

Football 

 

10. It had been agreed that a fairly small, heavy steel goal, chained to a tree in such a way as to prevent toppling was the best answer.  The goal could be moved from  tree to tree when the grass wears.  DP agreed to identify a standard size (so a standard net would fit) and ask John Davis if he would make one.                                                                                                                                  Action DP

Finance:

11. 2014 accounts are complete and audited.  Signed copy passed to DP for copying.                                                                                                                                                    Action DP

12. Electricity Standing Order is £36 per month.  Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

 

 

 

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

 

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

 

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

 

 

 

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

 

 

 

 

 

13. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

14. 3rd Party Liability Insurance renewal papers had arrived.  It was agreed to have the standard level (£5M) and not to include the fair, which could be added later if necessary and if valid.  A cheque for £150.00 was signed.  The insurance company want a copy of the Wicksteed report and our risk register.  It was agreed to update it.                                                                            Action DP

15. PC have requested copies of our insurance.                                                           Action DP

Cricket Club 

16. SW confirmed that the CC insurance covers 3rd party liability, but there was no clarity on whether that included activities like mowing the field etc.  SW agreed to pass a copy of the CC insurance to RFMC to check, before the next match.                                                                                 Action SW

17. There was also discussion of liability for damage to cars in the car park, and it was agreed to put up suitable signs (sign shop in Badcox).                                                                        Action DP

Fund Raising

18. Bonus Club. Oct  winners were Ken and Tina Johnson and Peter and Mavis Knowles.  DP had paid them from the takings                                                                                                   Action DP

19. New bonus ball  AD handed over his list and cash (£80) to DP.  DP to chase up JB and AB.  .                                                                                                                                           Action DP

20. Christmas event.  VB proposed a Wreath Making event.  After discussion this was agreed:

a.    Around 12 Dec.  VB to book the hall.                                                                   Action VB

b.    Afternoon (or evening)

c.    Publicity – Website, Facebook, Parish Mags,                                                     Action DP

d.    Poster & leaflets                                                                                                       Action JB?

e.    Mulled Wine                                                                                                             Action JB?

f.     Tea/coffee and Mince Pies                                                                             Action VH/all

g.    £10 incl refreshments, ask people to let VB know if they are coming.

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

October 16th

Nov 20th

Dec

DP

Dags

 

21. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

22. Feedback.  The share was slightly disappointing.  It was felt that more income should be generated by one or more of :

a.    Entrance fee

b.    Higher parking charges

c.    Better siting of main gate programme seller

d.    Higher drink prices

e.    No competition to be allowed for Fair Committee fund raising stalls – including the bar!!

Health & Safety.

23. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

Regular Items

24. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept.                                                             Action: VH

25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked.  All OK.  Electrical reading took as above                                                                                                   Action DP

26. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist, Wreath Making.                     Action DP

Any Other Business

27. Wild Flower Meadow project.  Going ahead.  Som Wildlife can provide seed (harvested locally and grown on), prepare ground and provide fencing as necessary                            Action DP

28. The PC wish to transfer some assets from their register to ours. 

29. The PC wished to see our Risk Register.  It is not ready for publication.

 

Date Of Next Meeting 9 Nov 7.30 at the Bell