Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 9th November 2015

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, David Pattison

Apologies:  Trevor Wells, Julian Back, Vicki Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 13 Oct were agreed and signed. 

2.    The Parish Council had nominated Vicki Trundle to be the PC rep on LoMRFMC, but she was unfortunately unable to attend this meeting.  DP to arrange joining process.  AB would continue as PCC rep.                                                                                                                          Action DP

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    Adrian Smith had requested some extra measurements for the survey, which DP had provided.  Adrian was chasing Jo who is doing the drawings.  It was agreed to keep chasing and to keep in contact with Kye.                                                                                                     Action VH/DP

JOBS

4.     Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.            Action VH

5.    Changing room corridor needs painting.  Emulsion done.  Gloss to do.             Action VH

6.     Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

7.    Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

8.    2 Non return valves for the gas cylinders had been bought and fitted. 

Football 

9.    It had been agreed that a fairly small, heavy steel goal, chained to a tree in such a way as to prevent toppling was the best answer.  The goal could be moved from  tree to tree when the grass wears.  DP agreed to identify a standard size (so a standard net would fit) and ask John Davis if he would make one.                                                                                                                                  Action DP

Finance:

10. Electricity Standing Order has been reduced to £6 per month, and we are still in credit.  Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

9/11/15

 

 

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

26349

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

45

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

13.95

 

 

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

 

 

 

 

 

11. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

12. 3rd Party Liability Insurance cheque had been sent off.  No response to date. 

13. Building insurance papers had arrived from Tennyson.  Cheque for £570.79 made out. VB requested a copy of the papers. (PMN Done)                                                                             Action DP

14. PC have requested copies of our insurance.                                                           Action DP

15. DP had bought 6 bottles of red as whist prizes.  Receipt for £23.94 passed to VB for payment.                                                                                                                                           Action VB

16. VH had taken £72 from the whist float to pay for the non-return valves, and passed the receipt to VB.

Cricket Club 

17. It was agreed that we should satisfy ourselves that the CC are taking satisfactory measures to ensure that their activities at the rec are safe, and that insurance is in place.  We had seen evidence that they had insurance, but it was not clear that it covered work such as mowing, which is potentially hazardous.  It was agreed that DP would write to the CC chairman and ask for evidence that the CC are covered for non-cricket playing activities, and state that mowing etc should be done with due regard to safety, particularly when done in the presence of casual users of the field.                                                                                                                                                Action SW

18. There was also discussion of liability for damage to cars in the car park, and it was agreed to put up suitable signs (sign shop in Badcox).                                                                        Action DP

Fund Raising

19. Bonus Club. Nov winners were Yvonne Hughes and Matt &Cathie Bennett, on number 38.  DP to pay Yvonne from the takings, VH to pay the Bennetts from the whist float.                               Action DP

20. New bonus ball  AB handed over some cash and was expecting more.  2 new numbers required.  VH to chase JB.                                                                       Action DP/VH/JB

21. Christmas event.  VB proposed a Wreath Making event.  After discussion this was agreed:

a.    VB had booked the hall for 12 to 3pm on12 Dec.                                              Action VB

b.    Publicity – Website, Facebook, Parish Mags,                                                     Action DP

c.    Poster & leaflets – Rebecca had volunteered to help.                                      Action JB

d.    Mulled Wine                                                                                                             Action JB

e.    Tea/coffee and Mince Pies                                                                             Action VH/all

f.     £10 incl refreshments, ask people to let VB know if they are coming.

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

October 16th

Nov 20th

Jan 15th

DP

Dags

VH

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

23. First meeting had been held.  Proposed changes from last year:

a.    Entrance fee NO

b.    No competition to be allowed for Fair Committee fund raising stalls – including the bar.

Health & Safety.

24. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

Regular Items

25. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Oct.                                                                Action: VH

26. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading taken as above                                                                                                Action DP

27. Report for Parish Magazine-  Bonus Club, Whist, Wreath Making, Pump Track, Craft.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

Any Other Business

28. Wild Flower Meadow project.  Awaiting contact from Som Wildlife.              Action DP

29. The PC wished to see our Risk Register.  It is not ready for publication.

 

Date Of Next Meeting 14 Dec at 7.30 at the Bell

Wreath Making meeting 7 Dec at 7.30 at the Bell