Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 14 December 2015

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, David Pattison

Apologies:  Trevor Wells, Julian Back, Vicki Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 9 Nov were agreed and signed. 

2.    Vicki Trundle was unfortunately unable to attend this meeting.  DP to arrange joining process.                                                                                                                                         Action DP

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    Adrian Smith had said that the drawings should be ready by first week in Jan.  If not done, it was agreed to consider other sources.

JOBS

4.    WORKING PARTY – Sun 31 Jan.  Painting changing rooms gloss.

5.     Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.            Action VH

6.    Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

7.    Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

8.    VH to price up new changing area doors.                                                                 Action VH

Football 

9.    It was agreed that 12ft by 6ft was a sitable size.  DP to approach John Davis.  Action DP

Finance:

10. Electricity Standing Order has been reduced to £6 per month, and we are still in credit.  Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

9/11/15

 

 

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

26349

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

45

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

13.95

 

 

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

 

 

 

 

 

11. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

12. 3rd Party Liability Insurance cheque had been sent off.  No response to date. 

13. Building insurance papers had arrived from Tennyson.  Cheque for £570.79 made out. VB requested a copy of the papers. (PMN Done)                                                                             Action DP

14. PC have requested copies of our insurance.                                                           Action DP

15. DP had bought 6 bottles of red as whist prizes.  Receipt for £23.94 passed to VB for payment.                                                                                                                                           Action VB

16. VH had taken £72 from the whist float to pay for the non-return valves, and passed the receipt to VB.

17. Gas service is due.                                                                                                        Action VH

Cricket Club 

18. It was agreed that we should satisfy ourselves that the CC are taking satisfactory measures to ensure that their activities at the rec are safe, and that insurance is in place.  We had seen evidence that they had insurance, but it was not clear that it covered work such as mowing, which is potentially hazardous.  It was agreed that DP would write to the CC chairman and ask for evidence that the CC are covered for non-cricket playing activities, and state that mowing etc should be done with due regard to safety, particularly when done in the presence of casual users of the field.                                                                                                                                                Action SW

19. DP had bought signs re liability for damage to cars in the car park, and will put them up.                                                                                                                                         Action DP

Fund Raising

20. Bonus Club. Dec Maurice and Sarh & Dan Middle.  VH to pay them.                 Action VH

21. New bonus ball  AB handed over some cash and was expecting more.  2 new numbers required.  VH to chase JB.                                                                       Action DP/VH/JB

a.    Christmas event.  The Wreath Making event was good fun and made money.  Lots of attendees asked for a repeat.  Vanessa was congratulated and thanked. 

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

Jan 15th

Feb 19

 

VH

TW

 

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

Fair

a.    Date is 18 June.

Health & Safety.

23. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again.                                                                                                                                                 Action DP

Regular Items

24. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov.                                                              Action: VH

25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading not taken, sorry.                                                                                               Action DP

26. Report for Parish Magazine-  BC, Whist, Wreath making TY, Craft.  No mag in Jan.

Any Other Business

27. Wild Flower Meadow project.  Awaiting contact from Som Wildlife.              Action DP

28. The PC wished to see our Risk Register.  It is not ready for publication.

 

Date Of Next Meeting 18 January at 7.30 at the Bell