Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8 February 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Trevor Wells, Vicki Trundle, David Pattison

Apologies:  Julian Back, Anthea Brooks,

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 18 Jan were agreed (after the date was amended) and signed. 

2.    Vicki Trundle was welcomed to the committee as the Parish Council nominee, and completed the Charity Commission paperwork. 

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    The drawings had been amended and submitted, apparently as an amendment of the previous application, rather than a new one.  MDC had acknowledged receipt, and that it appears to be valid.   The PC had been provided with copies of the amended parts of the application.

MEADOW PROJECT

4.    [Post Meeting Note.  VH and DP met Jake Chant at the rec on 9 Feb and agreed that the area to be planted with meadow flowers will be a strip 3m wide along the N fence running across the area between the two benches.  The work on the field will start in Sept (scarifying and seeding), as will growing plug plants.  Maintenance is strimming once in June and through the autumn, not otherwise.]

5.    DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Np response to date, except from Rose who is keen to help. Still to contact WI, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.                                                                                                                                             Action DP

JOBS

6.    The gloss in the changing rooms area was completed at the working party on 31 Jan.  Thanks to VH, Dave Mattick, TW, DP. 

7.     Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.            Action VH

8.    Area by closed off door has been cleared out, but the doorway needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

9.    Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

10. It was agreed that VH would buy 2 new softwood doors from Homebase at about £35 each, for the changing rooms.                                                                                                            Action VH

Football 

11. Goal and securing chain bought.  Padlock from car park pillar to be reused.  Needs to be installed.                                                                                                                                          Action DP


Finance:

12. Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

9/11/15

10/1/16

8/2/16

 

 

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

26349

26485

26542

 

 

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

45

136

57

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

13.95

37.26

16.37

 

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

13. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

14. 3rd Party Liability Insurance – SPFA have confirmed our cover is in place and the papers will arrive soon.

15. The CO monitor has been replaced. TY AD.

16. Cheque wrtten out to Hillside trees.

17. The annual safety inspection – SPFA costs about £110, Wicksteed £54 last year.  Decided to stay with Wicksteed.

Cricket Club 

18. It was agreed that we should satisfy ourselves that the CC are taking satisfactory measures to ensure that their activities at the rec are safe, and that insurance is in place.  We had seen evidence that they had insurance, but it was not clear that it covered work such as mowing, which is potentially hazardous.  It was agreed that DP would write to the CC chairman and ask for evidence that the CC are covered for non-cricket playing activities, and state that mowing etc should be done with due regard to safety, particularly when done in the presence of casual users of the field.                                                                                                                                                Action TW

19. DP had put up signs re liability for damage to cars in the car park,

Fund Raising

20. Bonus Club. Feb winner Caroline & Mark Palmer.  Half rollover again, prizes £30 again..  VH to pay from whist box.                                                                                                               Action VB

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

Feb 19

March 18

Apr 15

TW

DP

 

21. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Need white wine?                        Action DP

Fair

a.    Date is 18 June.

b.    Check gambling act licence covers draw.                                                           Action DP

c.    Bar  Will stop other sellers.  We will buy our cider from Worleys.

d.    Evening as last year – Rec not manning bar.

Health & Safety.

22. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones.                                                                                                                       Action DP

Regular Items

23. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Jan.                                                               Action: VH

24. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked last week.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                              Action DP

25. Report for Parish Magazine-  BC, Whist, meadow project, Pump Track. 

26. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    First Aid Box to be checked                                                                                   Action DP

Any Other Business

 

Date Of Next Meeting 14 March at 7.30 at the Bell

April meeting and AGM 11 April 7.30 at the clubhouse