Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 11 April 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vicki Trundle, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 14 Mar were agreed (after AD was added to para 6) and signed. 

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    MDC had phoned.  One consultee had been omitted from the original list, which has caused a delay.  A decision is now expected soon after 21 April.  The informal indication is that we are likely to be successful.

3.    We will now need to revisit the lottery grant application.                                        Action DP

4.    Also a good time to make contact with Kye.                                                              Action DP

5.    And look for other grant making bodies.                                                                    Action VH

MEADOW PROJECT

6.    DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.                                                                                                                    Action DP

JOBS

7.    Both changing rooms have now been redecorated.  TY Frank and Vicky.

8.    One changing room timber has woodworm and needs to be replaced.              Action DP

9.    Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

10. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

11. Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

12. VH to buy 2 new softwood doors from Homebase at about £35 each, for the changing rooms.                                                                                                                                            Action VH

Football 

13. Nil


 

Finance:

14. Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

9/11/15

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

26349

26485

26542

26591

26636

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

45

136

57

49

45

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

13.95

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

15. EDF had offered a “Smart Meter”, at no cost.  It was agreed to accept.                Action VB

16. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

17. Do we need to add new members to the bank account?

18. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job in the parish mag and facebook page.                                                                                                               Action DP

19. The annual safety inspection has been booked with Wicksteed.

Cricket Club 

20. The Cricket Club had sent several insurance related documents, and have assured TW that they are covered for any cricket related activity.  (Post Meeting Note: DP has looked at the papers and, assuming the CC have actually paid for what is described, they do cover 3rd party liability, and not just for actual cricket matches).

Fund Raising

21. Bonus Club. Apr winners Rodger & Anne Orpwood and Vicki Taylor.  VB has paid.

22.  

Whist  

 

ROTA

 

15 Apr

20 May

17 June

VH

DP

No Whist (Fair)

23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list.                                Action DP

Fair

a.    Date is 18 June.

b.    Bar  Will stop other sellers.  We will buy our cider from Worleys.

c.    Evening as last year – Rec not manning bar.

Health & Safety.

24. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

25. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Mar.                                                               Action: VH

26. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

27. Report for Parish Magazine-  BC, Whist, Working Party. 

28. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    First Aid Box was missing a few items, not just plasters.  New box may be cheaper (CPC?).                                                                                                                                    Action DP

Any Other Business

29. Defibrillators  The PC has asked us to have one installed at the rec, on the end wall facing the road.  They have also asked us to pay for the installation and ongoing electricity costs, which will be small.  It was agreed to cover the installation subject to the cost being reasonable (less than £100), and the running costs (but subject to review if costs are high).

30. Working Party.  To be held on 29 May at 10am.  Publicise by Parish Mag, FB, Website.  Bring gardening tools.                                                                                                             Action DP

May meeting 3 May 7.30 at the clubhouse