Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 9th May 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, David Pattison, Vicki Trundle

 

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 11th April were agreed

2.    PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    The approval for planning is imminent

4.    We will now need to revisit the lottery grant application.                                        Action DP

5.    Also a good time to make contact with Kye.                                                              Action DP

6.    VH has identified possible grant opportunity from Somerset community foundation Vanessa asked to get account ready for submission of application.                                                    Action VB/DP/VH

MEADOW PROJECT

7.    DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.                                                                                                                    Action DP

JOBS

8.    One changing room timber has woodworm and needs to be replaced. Completed                 

9.    Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

10. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

11. Exterior window sills to be painted/repaired.

12. VH to buy 2 new softwood doors from Homebase at about £35 each, for the changing rooms. Completed , need to look at toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered             Action All

Football 

13. Nil

 

Finance:

14. Meter was read :

Date

18/5/15

8/6/15

13/7/15

14/9/15

13/10/15

9/11/15

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

Reading

26151

26176

26222

26289

26304

26349

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

Usage KWhr

82

25

46

67

15

45

136

57

49

45

57

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

21.87

9.25

16.11

26.47

9.65

13.95

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

 

Note

2 whists

 

Incl Fair + disco

2 months

No heat at whist

 

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

15. EDF had offered a “Smart Meter”, at no cost.  It was agreed to accept.  Wait for reminder                                                                                                                                          Action VH

16. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

17. Do we need to add new members to the bank account? Agreed to add one other Action VB

18. Receipt passed to VB for £79.72for doors and door furniture.

 

19. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job in the parish mag and facebook page.                                                                                                               Action DP

20. The annual safety inspection has been received 2 things identified as M/H chains on swings and painting of Play equipment. Paint job to be included in the job day Action VH

 

Cricket Club 

21. Need to discuss building new shed with club Action TW

 

Fund Raising

22. Bonus Club. Winners David and Gerry Duncan Need to check with DP who is other winner. VH does not have current list to check against                                                 Action DP

£20 paid to Duncan’s from Whist drive money.

BANK BALANCE £12717.39

23. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

15 Apr

20 May

17 June

VH

DP

No Whist (Fair)

24. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list.                                Action DP

Fair

a.    Date is 18 June.

b.    Need to identify what needs to be purchased for Bar

c.    Carpark rota Vicky to look at this. All to ask people to help.               Action ALL

d.    Frank and Vicky to set up Bar on Friday Frank will run Bar till Vicky can get to help.                       

Health & Safety.

25. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

26. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did inApril                                                               Action: VH

27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

28. Report for Parish Magazine-   

29. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    First Aid Box was missing a few items, not just plasters.  New box may be cheaper (CPC?).                                                                                                                                    Action DP

Any Other Business

30. Defibrillators  Electrician is pricing up job

31. Working Party.  To be held on 29 May at 10am.  Publicise by Parish Mag, FB, Website.  Bring gardening tools. List of jobs to be identified                                                       Action DP&VH

32. Discussed Somerset playing field association field of the year all agreed to leave for this year but possibly go for it once pump track completed.

33. Daggs would like to replace outside socket with 16ampsocket.                    Action AD

34. Poo bin agreed to this being relocated to wooden fence area of the fields entrance

                                                                                                                               . Action IB

 

JUNE MEETING WEDENESDAY  7.30 at the clubhouse