Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8th June 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Trevor Wells, Vicki Trundle

 

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 9 May were agreed.

2.    PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    The project has formal planning permission.

4.    VH will set up a meeting with the Cricket Club, who were unable to attend this meeting, to discuss the timescales and materials for the new shed.                                                       Action VH

5.    We will now need to revisit the lottery grant application.                                        Action DP

6.    Kye is keen to do the project, and has confirmed his previous quote.  He has a slot in September.

7.    VH will talk to Hans about the availability of transport and digger for the shed base                                                                                                                                                  Action VH

8.    DP had almost completed a grant application to Somerset community foundation.  VH to review                                                                                                                                   Action DP/VH

MEADOW PROJECT

9.    DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.

JOBS

10. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

11. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

12. Exterior window sills to be painted.  FH had repaired the N window sill, many thanks..

13. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

14. Paint play equpment

Football 

15. Nil

Finance:

16. Meter was read :

Date

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

8/6/16

 

 

 

 

Reading

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

26720

 

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

136

57

49

45

57

27

 

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17. EDF had offered a “Smart Meter”, at no cost.  It was agreed to accept.  Wait for reminder                                                                                                                                          Action VH

18. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

19. Do we need to add new members to the bank account? Agreed to add one other                                                                                                                                                      Action VB

20. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job again in the parish mag and facebook page.                                                                                                               Action DP

21. The annual safety inspection has been received 2 things identified as M/H chains on swings and painting of Play equipment. Paint job to be included in the job list.  Chains to be pursued.               Action VH

22. A donation had been received from Clive Featherstone.  VB to send a thank you.                                                                                                                                                     Action VB

23. The Cricket Club had paid the £200 due, which had been paid in to the bank.

24. Bank Balance £12,690.

Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising

25. Bonus Club. Winner was no. 30 – DP and Mac & Sue at the Old Post House.  Since there was only one winner last month, they get £30 each.  DP was paid by VH from the Whist box.  Mac & Sue to be paid by VH.                                                                                                                     Action VH

Amount

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

To be paid by

Paid from

£30

DP

VH

Whist Box

Mac & Sue

VH

Whist box

 

26. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

17 June

15 July

Aug

No Whist (Fair)

 

No Whist?

27. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list.                                Action DP

Fair

a.    Date is 18 June.

b.    DP had bought wine (6R, 12W) and ordered bitter (2 barrels) and cider (5x20l boxes).  Advice on other items was provided.  VH to buy crisps, pint glasses and wine size glasses. Action DP/VH

c.    DP to e mail price list                                                                                               Action DP

d.    Carpark rota was distributed

e.    Frank and Vicky to set up Bar on Friday Frank will run Bar till Vicky can get to help.                       

Health & Safety.

28. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in May.                                                              Action: VH

30. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

31. Report for Parish Magazine- Fair, Pump Track, Whist  

32. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    First Aid Box was missing a few items, not just plasters.  New box may be cheaper (CPC?).                                                                                                                                    Action DP

b.    Bench oiling.  DP to send round list.                                                                   Action DP

Any Other Business

33. Defibrillators  Electrician is pricing up job

34. Working Party.  Was successful.  Lots of vegetation cleared.

35. Discussed Somerset playing field association field of the year all agreed to leave for this year but possibly go for it once pump track completed.

36. Daggs would like to replace outside socket with 16ampsocket.                            Action AD

37. Poo bin agreed to this being relocated to wooden fence area of the fields entrance

                                                                                                                               . Action IB

 

JUNE MEETING Monday 11 July at 7.30 at the clubhouse