Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 11 July 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Trevor Wells, Vicki Trundle, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks

 

1.    The minutes of the meetings held on 8 June were agreed.

2.    PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    THE SHED.  Steve Phelps (SP), chairman of LoM Cricket Club, attended the meeting for this section.

a.    It was agreed that the new shed should be built by the end of August.

b.    DP agreed to find out if Building Control need to be involved. (Post Meeting Note: They do not).

c.    DP agreed to pass the official planning permission approved drawings to SP (Done)

d.    SP agreed to provide a list of materials.  Ie, about 500 blocks, sand, cement, metal roofing, timber for roof, lintel.                                                                                                            Action SP

e.    DP agreed to investigate doors, preferred materials are steel, then GRP then timber. (PMN Standard size is 7ft (2134mm) wide, 6ft 6in (1981mm) high for the doors themselves, frame extra. 3 candidates e-mailed.)

f.     It was agreed to paint the blocks, not render.

g.    It was agreed to hire scaffolding for the roof work.

h.    Lintel size 4” by 6” high by 2.5m long.

i.      It was agreed not to have guttering.

j.      SP will see what prices he can get.  RFMC will pay.  Possible suppliers: Champions at Chilcompton, Travis Perkins,

k.    SP agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

4.    Lottery grant application:  on hold pending quarry offer.

5.    VH had submitted a grant application for £1000 to Crimebeat.

6.    David Sparkes had asked Tarmac (Halecombe) about the materials, but no response yet.  DP had discussed it with Vaughan Gray at the fair and got a favourable impression, but he is waiting for HQ approval.  There had been some discussion about what “dirt” meant.  Kye had stated

“It’s usually the case that we use sub soil for the base of the track, to save the client money on buying in aggregates.

Road plannings or crushed concrete work well, as long as they are crushed down small enough or MOT type1 would be the preferred base material”

7.    Vaughan was doubtful about that much dirt.  They have a new development with planning application coming up, which may generate “overburden”, but that would probably be outside our timescale.

8.    Two other possible sources of “dirt” had been identified. 

a.    There is lots of material at Barns Close which may be available. 

b.    Wainwrights.  AB was investigating.

9.    VH will talk to Hans about transport and digger for the shed base                       Action VH

10. VB will find out other possible sources of transport.                                               Action VB

11. No response from Somerset Community Foundation.  

12. VB will put rubble etc from her extension on site.

13. VT suggested we draw up a project plan, and offered to create one.  This was enthusiastically agreed, and a meeting was agreed for Thurs 14 July at 1930 at the rec.

MEADOW PROJECT

14. DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.

JOBS

15. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

16. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

17. Exterior window sills to be painted.  FH had repaired the N window sill, many thanks..

18. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

19. Paint play equipment

20. Bench oiling list was passed out.  VB to do the playground one.  DP to retrieve oil from JB                                                                                                                                    Action DP

21. Replace outside socket with 16ampsocket.                                                              Action AD

Football 

22. Nil

Finance:

23. Meter was read :

Date

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

8/6/16

11/7/16

 

 

 

Reading

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

26720

26803

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

136

57

49

45

57

27

83

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

16.12

11.82

21.53

 

 

 

Note

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

Fair

 

 

 

 

24. The Fair cheque (£489) had been received and passed to VB. 

25. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

26. Add one other signature to the bank account                                                          Action VB

27. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job again in the parish mag and facebook page.  A possible replacement had appeared.

28. Chains on swings had been replaced.  Acknowledgement passed to VB.  Wait for invoice.

29. £10 donation passed to VB.

Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising

30. Bonus Club.  VH will pay from Whist drive money, leaving only £12 but OK.    Rollover again next month!                                                                                                                       Action VH

Amount

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

To be paid by

Paid from

£20

Mark Humphreys

VH

Whist Box

Nil

 

 

 

31. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

15 July

Aug

16 Sept

AD

No Whist?

TW

32. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list.                                Action DP

Fair

a.    Went well, good attendance, good weather.

b.    Cheque received was highest in recent years.

c.    Drink amounts were OK.

i.      Other lessons for next year : Ask stallholders to take their rubbish home

d.    Next meeting Nov 23rd

Health & Safety.

33. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

34. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June.                                                            Action: VH

35. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

36. Report for Parish Magazine- Fair, Pump Track, Whist  

37. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    New First Aid Box ordered                                                                                     Action DP

Any Other BusinessNil

NEXT MEETING Monday 8 Aug at 7.30 at the clubhouse