Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8th August 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vanessa Barnes, Trevor Wells, Vicki Trundle,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, David Pattison

 

1.    The minutes of the meeting held in July was signed this time

2.    PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    Vicki T has drawn up working schedule for jobs needing to be completed she will email to all and then when jobs completed to let Vicki T know so that it can be updated.

4.    Steve Phelps Has built most of the blocks

a.    It was agreed that the new shed should be built by the end of August.

b.    Timbers for roof ordered                                                                                   

c.    DP has ordered doors  about 4 week delivery

d.    It was agreed to paint the blocks, not render. But the shed does need waterproofing so looking at using a splatter gun then painting

e.    It was agreed to hire scaffolding for the roof work.

f.     It was agreed not to have guttering.

g.    Roofing sheets still need to be ordered VH,

h.    SP agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

i.      Vicki T looking at companies to remove asbestos roof

j.      Vicki T looking in to how much the PC may be granting us so we can work into the budget

k.    DP is finishing off grant application and has submitted one already

l.      VH looking at 2 grant applications

 

5.    VH had submitted a grant application for £1000 to Crimebeat.

6.     Still awaiting decision from Tarmac re materials DP still.chasing

7.    Two other possible sources of “dirt” had been identified. 

a.    There is lots of material at Barns Close which may be available. 

b.    Wainwrights.  AB was investigating. And has given us a price

                                                                                                                                               

8.    VB will find out other possible sources of transport.

                                                                                                                                           

9.    Somerset Community Foundation.  Have requested references.

 

10. Mr Neilson has agreed we can use carpark field as long as we put it back in good order.

FLOWER MEADOW

11. DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.

12. Jake Chant has left Som Wildlife and Joanna Lawrence is our new contact.

JOBS

13. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

14. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

15. Exterior window sills to be painted.  FH had repaired the N window sill, many thanks..

16. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

17. Paint play equipment

18. Bench oiling list was passed out.  VB to do the playground one.  DP to retrieve oil from JB                                                                                                                                    Action DP

19. Replace outside socket with 16ampsocket.                                                              Action AD

Football 

20. Nil

Finance:

21. Meter was read :

Date

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

8/6/16

11/7/16

 

 

 

Reading

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

26720

26803

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

136

57

49

45

57

27

83

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

16.12

11.82

21.53

 

 

 

Note

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

Fair

 

 

 

 

22. The Fair cheque (£489) had been received and passed to VB. 

23. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

24. Add one other signature to the bank account                                                          Action VB

25. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job again in the parish mag and facebook page.  A possible replacement had appeared.  DNP had offered to do the accounts, but not attend meetings or do the VAT.

26. Chains on swings had been replaced.  Acknowledgement passed to VB.  invoice.paid

27. Cheques Paid 1 to DP for cost of Doors £474

28. 1 to VH for Materials of shed £906.54

 Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising

29. Bonus Club.  Winners Bren Wigmore and Brian Johnson VB will get money out of bank to pay.

30. Need to start collecting new bonus ball money. All have been sent new sheets with names against people to ask. Need all monies by 12th of September so we can calculate how many extra balls we need to sale.

Amount

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

To be paid by

Paid from

£30

Bren Wigmore

VB/

VH

Bank

Brian Johnson

VB/

VH

Bank

 

31. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

16 Sept

21  Oct

18 Nov

TW DP

 

 

32. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list.                                Action DP

Fair

a.    Next meeting Nov 23rd

Health & Safety.

33. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

34. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in July scaffold was falling down so removed from practise nets.                                                                                                                                          Action: VH

35. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

36. Report for Parish Magazine- Fair, Pump Track, Whist  

37. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

a.    New First Aid Box ordered                                                                                Action DP

Any Other BusinessNil

Next meeting still to be decided hopefully 31st Aug at 7.30 at the clubhouse