Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 31th August 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, David Pattison

Apologies:  Trevor Wells, Vicki Trundle, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks,

 

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 8 Aug were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    Vicki T has drawn up working schedule for jobs needing to be completed she will email to all and then when jobs completed to let Vicki T know so that it can be updated.

3.    Kye had e mailed stating that he has slots in Sept or March.  The situation with materials and funding was discussed, and it was decided to tell him March.                                             Action DP

4.    Steve Phelps Has finished the block work.

a.    Timbers for roof have been delivered                                                            

b.    Delivery of doors is due Wed 7 Sep approx.  VH/FH to accept delivery.  DP to pass on phone numbers.                                                                                                      Action DP(done)

c.    It was agreed to paint the blocks, not render. But the shed does need waterproofing so looking at using a splatter gun then painting

d.    It was agreed to hire scaffolding for the roof work.

e.    It was agreed not to have guttering.

f.     Roofing sheets still need to be ordered                                                         Action VH

g.    SP agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

h.    Vicki T looking at companies to remove asbestos roof

i.      Vicki T looking in to how much the PC may be granting us so we can work into the budget

j.      DP has finishing one grant application, but it needs audited accounts.  DP to send to VH.  VH to send off when accounts available.  VB to finalise accounts Action DP/VB/VH

k.    VH looking at 2 grant applications

5.    VH had submitted a grant application for £1000 to Crimebeat.

6.    Still awaiting decision from Tarmac re materials DP still.chasing

7.    Two other possible sources of “dirt” had been identified. 

a.    There is lots of material at Barns Close which may be available. 

b.    Wainwrights.  AB was investigating. And has given us a price

8.    VB will find out other possible sources of transport.

9.    Somerset Community Foundation.  Have requested references.

10. Mr Neilson has agreed we can use carpark field as long as we put it back in good order.

FLOWER MEADOW

11. DP had written to Rose, the school and Graham (for ALC).  Rose who is keen to help.  No interest at ALC. Still to contact WI, Sue Mattick, JB, and put in Parish Mag, website and facebook.  VT volunteered.

12. Joanna Lawrence had e mailed asking if we could do it ourselves (because Jake has left).  It was decided we lacked the time and equipment to do it.                                         Action DP(done)

JOBS

13. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

14. Area by closed off door needs sealing/rebuilding. Tables & chairs in disabled toilet to be relocated asap.  Agreed to ask CC to do in parallel with shed build.

15. Exterior window sills to be painted.  FH had repaired the N window sill, many thanks..

16. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

17. Paint play equipment

18. Bench oiling. DP and VH completed theirs. AD to collect oil from VH                 Action AD

19. Replace outside socket with 16ampsocket.                                                              Action AD

Football 

20. Nil

Finance:

21. Meter was read :

Date

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

8/6/16

11/7/16

31/8/16

 

 

Reading

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

26720

26803

26881

 

 

Usage KWhr

136

57

49

45

57

27

83

78

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

16.12

11.82

21.53

25.23

 

 

Note

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

Fair

8 weeks

 

 

 

22. Safe for the treasurer to keep petty cash and valuable documents.                    Action VB

23. Add one other signature to the bank account                                                          Action VB

24. VB would like to cease being treasurer. It was agreed to publicise the job again in the parish mag and facebook page.  DNP had offered to do the accounts but not attend meetings or do the VAT.

25. VH had raised £114.30 from the annual village cricket match.  Cash to be passed to VB.                                                                                                                                         Action VH

Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising

26. Bonus Club.  Winners Bren Wigmore and Brian Johnson VB will get money out of bank to pay.

27. Need to start collecting new bonus ball money. All have been sent new sheets with names against people to ask. Need all monies by 12th of September so we can calculate how many extra balls we need to sale.

Amount

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

To be paid by

Paid from

£30

Bren Wigmore

VB/

VH

Bank

Brian Johnson

VB/

VH

Bank

 

28. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

16 Sept

21 Oct

18 Nov

DP

AD

VH

29. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  New price list. Need score cards                                                                                                                                                          Action DP

Fair

30. Next meeting Nov 23rd

Health & Safety.

31. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

32. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Aug scaffold was falling down so removed from practise nets.                                                                                                                                          Action: VH

33. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                                               Action DP

34. Report for Parish Magazine- Fair, Pump Track, Whist                                            Action DP

35. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

Any Other BusinessNil

Next meeting Friday 10 Oct at 7.30 at the clubhouse