Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 9 Jan 2016

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Vicki Trundle, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:  Trevor Wells, Anthea Brooks

Frank Higgins also attended.

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 14 Nov were agreed and signed.  No meeting was held in October or December.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    No change to March date for the build.  Kye has recently been in touch and DP confirmed the project is on track.  (Post Meeting: Kye wants to start on Wed 8 March).

3.    SHED

a.    Only wall waterproofing to be done, and it was decided to delay that work until after the pump track.  CC say they will move all their kit out of the old shed 14/15 Jan.

b.    SP has agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

c.    DEMOLITION OF OLD SHED.  It was agreed to remove the roof on 28 / 29 Jan, starting 10am.  FH & AD to lead.  Other helpers (up to 4) to be recruited (Ian Phelps).  Plan is to remove old roof panels ourselves, wrap and deliver to dump (£12 per sheet). AD getting wrapping.  VB getting 8 disposable overalls and masks.                                               Action AD/VB

d.    Rest of demolition to follow.  DP to ask Kye if he can use the concrete panels.  (Post meeting – only if broken down to 40mm size).                                                                Action DP

4.    The 2 trees to be taken down after the shed.  FH will inform other members of date.                                                                                                                                                  Action FH

GRANTS

5.    The Parish Council had stated that, subject to confirmation, they should be able to contribute £2,000 plus £500 from the 2017/18 allocation.  DP to revise the costings and send out.                     Action DP

6.    VH is submitting a grant application for £1500 to Crimebeat.  Info on all previous grants handed over.                                                                                                                                           Action VH

7.    Big Lottery Grant is in the bank - £7582

8.    Somerset Community Foundation grant is in the bank - £1500.

9.    Garfield Weston Foundation.  DP had got a quote from Forte which included the tarmac, and submitted a bid to GW for £7K, based on that quote.  No response to date.

 

10. Pump Track Materials

Aggregate type

Amount required

 tonnes

Quote per tonne

Cost

Way ahead

Fill

200

Wainwrights £4.50 (scalpings)

 

Rick Massey

£900 +VAT

 

 

Nil

 

 

 

Says he will divert lorries to us as required

Topsoil

20

 

450

Based on Penneys last time

Clean Limestone

20

 

 

Rick Massey (unused road stone)

Base Coat Tarmac /20

80 (6 loads)

 

 

Both adds £7435 to Forte quote.

Wearing Course tarmac/6

40 (4 loads)

 

Tarmac £4440 + +

 

11. Tarmac have formally responded  to our request for free stuff, saying they won't be supporting us.

12. The quote from Tarmac Sales is difficult to understand and incomplete.

13. Mr Neilson has agreed we can use carpark field as long as we put it back in good order, but it is now for sale(?).

14. Agreed that it might be better to get the bulk materials on site ahead of time – Rick Massey has offered free fill, but timing may not fit the March time frame.  DP to ask Kye where it should be dumped. (Post meeting – he agrees the car park).

FLOWER MEADOW

15. Seed was sown in Dec. Thanks to VH and Vicky Taylor.  Abigail Rose would like to visit, but it seems to be about other potential sites. VH to pass to Chris Cudmore.                           Action VH

JOBS

16. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

17. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

18. Paint play equipment

19. Replace outside socket with 16amp socket.                                                             Action AD

20. Vicky's inspections have revealed that the kickboard (next to the playground fence) needs repair.  Frank "volunteered". Not urgent.

Football 

21. Nil

Finance:

22. Meter was read :

Date

10/1/16

8/2/16

14/3/16

11/4/16

9/5/16

8/6/16

11/7/16

31/8/16

14/11/16

9/1/17

Reading

26485

26542

26591

26636

26693

26720

26803

26881

27127

27215

Usage KWhr

136

57

49

45

57

27

83

78

246

88

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

37.26

16.37

16.59

14.2

16.12

11.82

21.53

25.23

58.11

28.08

Note

2mnths Craft   2 whist

Working Party

 

 

 

 

Fair

8 weeks

11 weeks

8 weeks

 

23. Add one other signature to the bank account                                                          Action VB

24. Treasurer handover.  VB had initiated.                                                                      Action VB

Vanessa was thanked for her long and valuable service to the committee as treasurer, when her expertise, especially with VAT, had saved us so much money.

25. The boiler had been serviced.  Cheque for £132 was signed.                              Action VB

26. Bank Account is at £20,050

Cricket Club  Nil

Fund Raising

27. Simon Thomas has paid up for the Bonus Club.  VH is giving the £10 to VB.  I have amended my list, he has number 46.

28. Lottery licence had expired.  Now re-registered.  Cost was £40

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-


 

 

29. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

16 Dec

20 Jan

17 Feb

VT

TW?

DP

30. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?                                 Action DP

31. Wreath Making.  The Wreath Making was a big success - couldn't have coped with any more people.  Well done Vanessa and all her helpers, Tina, Vicki T, Rose and Richard. Lesson Learned:  Plan ahead earlier next year. Put in annual plan for Sept.  Tina had offered an additional feature.

32. Pumpkin Pumptrack Carving.  VT proposed a competition next Halloween.

Fair

33. Next meeting Wed 11 Jan. 

Health & Safety.

34. DP had twice contacted Chubb re fire extinguisher maintenance, will chase again and check price of new ones (CPC?).                                                                                                         Action DP

Regular Items

35. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov & Dec                                                   Action: VH

36. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today, and in Oct, Nov & Dec.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                 Action DP

37. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, TY for Wreath Making + meadow, Pump Track.                                                                                                                                                Action DP

38. Review annual list of jobs.                                                                                           Action All

Any Other BusinessParish Council had added 2 more cuts to the mowing contract.

Next meeting Mon 6 Feb at 7.30 at the pub