Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 13 Mar 2017

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Trevor Wells, Denis Pattison (part), Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:  Vicki Trundle, Anthea Brooks

1.    The amended minutes of the meeting held on 6 Feb were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    The old shed had been demolished, the hole in the fence made, the trees cut down and removed by FH, AD, DP, Vicky H, Vicky Taylor, Matt, Michael, Hans and Tim.  AD had sold the scrap metal. Shed debris to be cleared from the car park later.

3.    Rick Massey has donated and delivered gravel for drainage. Many thanks.

4.    Wainwrights had delivered the scalpings, free of charge except for tax and delivery.

5.    Kye started constructing the pump track on 6 March, and is due to finish by Fri 24 March.

6.    SHED Only wall waterproofing to be done, on hold.  SP has agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

7.    Most of the left over blocks were sold to Barry for £25.

GRANTS

8.    Big Lottery Grant is in the bank - £7582

9.    Somerset Community Foundation grant is in the bank - £1500.

10. Garfield Weston Foundation grant is in the bank - £5000. 

11. The Ralph and Irma Sperring charity have told us verbally that £2000 is on the way.

12. The Parish Council had passed a cheque for £2000 to DNP.

13. We also had 2 grants from the MDC Wellbeing scheme - £750 in 2013 and £900 in 2014.

14. Finances are in good shape.

15. DP had drafted a noticeboard.  It was agreed to add the text about A&E etc and to add Rick Massey.                                                                                                                                           Action DP

OPENING CEREMONY

a.    List of invitees was agreed. 

b.    Publicity – parish mag, facebook, website, ACTION DP  a couple of posters ACTION VH

c.    Format. Beer and hotdogs  DP to get drink, VB/VH to get food. Everything a pound.V

d.    Date Fri 7 April 6pm for 7.

e.    Agreed to ask someone to take photos – Richard Blunden or Phil Streather?

16. Extras.  Picnic bench agreed at about £150. 

17. New trees.  After site is clear. 

18. Need to reinstate the fence across the hedge, and plant hedging.                      Action ?

FLOWER MEADOW

19. Som Wildlife has sent a maintenance scheme – DP to circulate.  Som Wildlife will provide a notice and the posts.                                                                                                                 Action DP

JOBS

20. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

21. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

22. Paint play equipment

23. Replace outside socket with 16amp socket.                                                             Action AD

24. Kickboard (next to the playground fence) needs repair.  Frank "volunteered". Not urgent.

25. Hedge cutting – done.  Agreed to do it every other year from now on.

Football  Nil

Finance:

26. Meter was read :

Date

8/6/16

11/7/16

31/8/16

14/11/16

9/1/17

6/2/17

13/3/17

 

 

 

 

Reading

26720

26803

26881

27127

27215

27283

27355

 

 

 

Usage KWhr

27

83

78

246

88

68

72

 

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

11.82

21.53

25.23

58.11

28.08

17.88

20.27

 

 

 

Note

 

Fair

8 weeks

11 weeks

8 weeks

 

 

 

 

 

 

27. Change the signatures on the bank account. Done, but awaiting processing by bank.  Signatories now are DNP, DP, VH, AD, TW, VB. Any two are required to sign a cheque.

28. Treasurer handover.  Done, except VB is doing the 2016 accounts.                   Action VB

29. Treasurer was handed £25 cash from sale of left over blocks and £64.80 cash from sale of scrap metal.

Cricket Club  The committee was sad to hear of the death of Steve Willis, who had maintained the excellent Leigh cricket pitch for many years.  He will be sorely missed.

Fund Raising

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-

Feb

22

£30

Chris & Anna Higgins 

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Mar

21

£20

Jane Elliott

VH

DNP

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

VH

DNP

 

30. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

17 Feb

17 Mar

21 Apr

DP

DP

VH

31. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?                                 Action DP

Fair Good to have an event using the pump track.

Health & Safety.

32. VB had recommended a new contractor to deal with the fire extinguishers, who will visit on 17 March.                                                                                                                                           Action DP

33. Wicksteed inspection booked for June. 

Regular Items

34. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Feb                                                                Action: VH

35. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                              Action DP

36. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, AGM, BC, Opening Ceremony, SW.         Action DP

37. Review annual list of jobs.  Check first aid box                                                        Action DP

Any Other Business

38. The PC had emailed re the car park field.  It was agreed to write to the PC saying that we see little point in acquiring extra land, other than for fete car park purposes.                                            Action VH

39. Salt/grit bin.  The PC have one.  Agreed to ask them to give it to us and we will position it.                                                                                                                                       Action DP

40. Agreed that VH buy and put up more poo signs after another spate of disgusting behaviour.                                                                                                                                              Action VH

41. DNP needs a map of the field.                                                                                    Action DP

Date of AGM Mon 10 April at 7.30 at the rec (and meeting to follow at 8)