Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 10 Apr 2017

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Vicki Trundle, David Pattison

Apologies:  Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks

1.    The amended minutes of the meeting held on 13 Mar and 24 Mar were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    The pump track appears to be very popular and a success.  Lots of users are coming to it.

3.    SHED Only wall waterproofing to be done.  Options for rendering the walls were discussed:

a.    VT suggested Andy Seviour

b.    Dags has a contact

c.    VH to ask Nick House

4.    The possibility of a mural was discussed but not pursued.

5.    SP has agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

6.    It was agreed that we don’t want the grind rail.  DP to write to Kye re new invoice, grind rail, finish. 

7.    The picnic bench and notice board are place. 

8.    The opening ceremony was a great success.  Over 70 people came.  All the hot dogs were sold, and lots of drink.

9.    The 2 new trees required by the planning permission are in place – one ash and one horse chestnut.  Also a hazel.

10. The fence and hedge have been reinstated. TY Frank and Vicky

FLOWER MEADOW

11. Somerset Wildlife had sent a draft notice which was agreed.                               Action DP

JOBS

12. A list of minor jobs was discussed.  It was agreed to have a working party on Sun 28 May at 10am.  DP to publicise.                                                                                                              Action DP

a.    Clear large bags of sand - back of shed.  May be needed for rendering.  If not, Matt may want it.

b.    Clear cement from porch                                                                                  Action AD

c.    Seed where mound was & protect                                                                  Action VH

d.    Cut back hedge behind clubhouse.                                                        Working Party

e.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                   Working Party

f.     Tidy and seed outside shed.  September

g.    Remove scaffold poles from hedge.                                                               Action AD

h.    Buy new rubbish bin                                                                                         Action VH

i.      New front doors.  Not now.

j.      Paint window sills.                                                                                      Working Party

k.    Paint play equipment.                                                                                Working Party

13. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

14. Need to look at gents toilet door, possible sliding door to be considered            Action All

15. Replace outside socket with 16amp socket (with 13 amp?).                                  Action AD

16. Kickboard (next to the playground fence) needs repair.  Frank "volunteered". Not urgent.

Football  Nil

Finance:

17. Meter was read :

Date

8/6/16

11/7/16

31/8/16

14/11/16

9/1/17

6/2/17

13/3/17

 

10/4/2017

 

 

Reading

26720

26803

26881

27127

27215

27283

27355

27405

 

 

Usage KWhr

27

83

78

246

88

68

72

50

 

 

Should cost £ (16p/KWhr + 25p/day)

11.82

21.53

25.23

58.11

28.08

17.88

20.27

15.00

 

 

Note

 

Fair

8 weeks

11 weeks

8 weeks

 

 

 

 

 

 

18. Change the signatures on the bank account. Done, now implementing internet banking (with dual sign-off), for which DP’s form were signed. 

19. Treasurer handover.  Done, except DNP is auditing the 2016 accounts.           Action DNP

20. Receipts for opening drinks (£59.94 to DP), picnic table (£245.83 pd) notice (£38.50 pd) passed to DNP.  DP was paid for drinks and notice board timber in cash.

Cricket Club 

21. It was agreed that the cricket club fee would stay unchanged at £450

Fund Raising

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-

Feb

22

£30

Chris & Anna Higgins 

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Mar

21

£20

Jane Elliott

VH

DNP

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

VH

DNP

Apr

14

£20

Rod & Sue Camborne

Not yet

DNP

Julie Davidson

VH

DNP

 

22. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

21 Apr

19 May

16 Jun

VH

AD

 

23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

24. Good to have an event using the pump track.

25. Drinks as last year

26. Rec doing side gate, parking, bar.

Health & Safety.

27. The new contractor had visited, replaced the 2 fire extinguishers, and been paid.

28. Wicksteed inspection booked for June. 

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Mar                                                                Action VH

30. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                              Action DP

31. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, cycling safety, working party.             Action DP

32. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Check first aid box.                                                                                            Action DP

b.    Teak oil benches.  2017 rota                                                                            Action DP

Any Other Business

33. Salt/grit bin.  VH has it and will position and weigh down.                                    Action VH

34. Agreed that VH has more poo signs and will put them up.                                    Action VH

35. DNP has made a map of the field.

36. Parliament week.  No interest.

37. VT informed the committee that she will be away for 6 months from Aug, and that the PC will nominate a replacement.

Date of next meeting Mon 8 May at 7.30 at the rec