Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8 May 2017

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes (part time), David Pattison

Apologies:  Vicki Trundle, Anthea Brooks

1.    The amended minutes of the meeting held on 10 Apr were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    SHED Only wall waterproofing to be done.  Options for rendering the walls were discussed:

a.    Andy Seviour - ??

b.    Dags contact – no reply

c.    Nick House – no response – given up

d.    Also try Mike Taylor? Steve Phelps

3.    SP has agreed to block up the door near the bar store.

4.    Kye had emailed that he would fix the degraded areas and put on the finish within 2 weeks.    

5.    DP was writing post project reports.  VB is getting her sons to write about it. The accounts tabled by DP were agreed.                                                                                                     Action DP/VB

6.    VH noted that helmet use is increasing and is the norm.

FLOWER MEADOW

7.    The Somerset Wildlife noticeboard is awaited.                                                

JOBS

8.    Working party on Sun 28 May at 10am.  DP to publicise.                                      Action DP

a.    Clear large bags of sand - back of shed.  May be needed for rendering.  If not, Matt may want it. Agreed to strap tarp over the top.                                                              Working Party

b.    Cement to be kept for door.                                                                             

c.    Seed where mound was - done                                                              

d.    Cut back hedge behind clubhouse.                                                        Working Party

e.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                   Working Party

f.     Tidy and seed outside shed.  September

g.    Remove scaffold poles from hedge.                                                               Action AD

h.    Buy new rubbish bin inner.  Done.  Invoice to DNP.  Installation      Working Party

i.      New front doors.  Not now.

j.      Paint window sills.                                                                                      Working Party

k.    Paint play equipment.  VH to buy paint for both                              Working Party/VH

9.    Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  VH to identify the make/type.             Action VH

10. Replace outside socket with 16amp socket (with 13 amp?).                                  Action AD

11. Kickboard (next to the playground fence) needs repair.  Frank "volunteered". Not urgent.

12. Train needs fixing                                                                                                          Action DP

13. Remove shed debris

Football  Nil

Finance:

14. Electricity meter reading was 27463, usage 58 units.

15. EDF have reduced the monthly debit from £28 to £23, and sent a rebate.

16. Internet banking with dual sign-off (DNP and DP) now in place.  It was agreed that two authorisers was sufficient.

17. DNP is happy with the 2016 accounts.

18. Bank account stands at over £4600.

19. After some discussion, it was agreed to deregister for VAT.                                  Action VB

Cricket Club 

20. Dave Cox is leading on pitch now.

Fund Raising

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-

Feb

22

£30

Chris & Anna Higgins 

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Mar

21

£20

Jane Elliott

VH

DNP

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

VH

DNP

Apr

14

£20

Rod & Sue Camborne

Not yet?

DNP

Julie Davidson

VH

DNP

May

30

£20

David & Joan Pattison

DNP

DNP

Mac & Sue at the OLD POST HOUSE.

VH

DNP

 

21. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

 

21 Apr

19 May

16 Jun

21 July

VH

AD

Day before fair

No Whist

VH

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

23. VB agreed to investigate her family run an event on the pump track.                 Action VB

24. Rec doing side gate, parking, bar.  VH to do rota                                                     Action VH

25. Drinks as last year, adjusted                                                                                        Action DP

Ra                     1

Funky Monkey  1

Cider Med Dry   4

Cider Sweet      1

Coke                 10

Lemonade         8

OJ                      4

Red                    6

White                 12

Prosecco            4

F Shoots              0

Lager cans         60

Crisps box           1

Squash                1

 

Health & Safety.

26. Wicksteed inspection booked for June. 

27. Agreed to revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.              Action DP

Regular Items

28. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Apr                                                                Action VH

29. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.  Electrical reading above.                                                                                              Action DP

30. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, cycling safety, working party.             Action DP

31. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Check first aid box.  Needs plasters.                                                              Action DP

b.    Teak oil benches.  VH’s done.  AD has the oil.  2017 rota                         Action DP

Any Other Business

32. Salt/grit bin.  VH has put it in place.                                                                   

33. VH has put up the poo signs.

34. Ian Phelps had approached VH and proposed to open the clubhouse every Friday evening in summer, on the basis that bar profits go to the rec and food profits go to the school.  This was agreed in principle.  The licence was discussed, and it was agreed that attendees would have to join the social club (ie sign the membership book).  TW to confirm with Cricket Social Club.               Action TW

35. Ian would have to have access to clubhouse (keys, alarm code, booze cupboard code) and agreement on who would buy/account for drinks.

Date of next meeting Mon 12 June at 7.30 at the rec