Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 24 July 2017

 

Present:   Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Vicky Higgins, Vicki Trundle, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, Simon Wolf, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks

1.    Simon Wolf was welcomed to the committee as the Parish Council representative, replacing Vicky Trundle, and signed the register of members and declaration form.  DP will send him copies of the charity’s scheme and extant policy documents.

2.    Vicky T will be returning to Leigh after about 12 months and was willing to stay on the committee and even do paperwork whilst away.  Her offer was gratefully accepted. 

3.    The minutes of the meeting held on 12 June were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

4.    SHED Only wall waterproofing to be done.  No positive responses had been received for rendering the walls.

5.    SP has agreed to block up the door near the bar store.  VH to ask.                     Action VH

FLOWER MEADOW

6.    The Somerset Wildlife noticeboard is expected next week.                           

JOBS

7.    Sand at back of shed.  May be needed for rendering.  If not, Matt may want it.

8.    Cement to be kept for door.                                                                                         

9.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                             

10. Tidy and seed outside shed.  September

11. Install new rubbish bin.                                                                                        

12. New front doors.  Not now.

13. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  DP has identified the make/type and will get it.

14. Replace outside socket with 16amp socket (with 13 amp?).                                  Action AD

Football  Nil

Finance:

15. Electricity meter reading was 27599, usage 89 units.

16. VH passed £48 whist money from May and July to DNP.  DNP passed £20 to VH for July bonus club.

17. The EDF contract is due.  DNP was authorised to decide the way ahead.         Action DNP

18. A VAT return is due.                                                                                                      Action VB

19. Deregister for VAT.                                                                                                        Action VB

20. DNP agreed to raise an invoice on the cricket club for the first half of this year’s dues, same amount as last year.                                                                                                                     Action DNP

Cricket Club 

21. Nil

Fund Raising

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-

Feb

22

£30

Chris & Anna Higgins 

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Mar

21

£20

Jane Elliott

VH

DNP

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

VH

DNP

Apr

14

£20

Rod & Sue Camborne

Not yet?

DNP

Julie Davidson

VH

DNP

May

30

£20

David & Joan Pattison

DNP

DNP

Mac & Sue at the OLD POST HOUSE.

VH

DNP

June

48

£20

Graham Harris

VH

DNP

Peter Westcombe

VH

DNP

July

6

£20

Matt

VH

DNP

Nil

 

 

 

22. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

 

21 July

18 Aug

15 Sept

20 Oct

VH

DP

AD

 

23. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

24. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  Next meeting 25 Oct 17.

25. Cheque for £406 received from Fair Committee.

26. Lessons for next year

2 Funky Monkey would be better

Evening drinks not cold – store in hall fridge?

Soft drinks overpriced for kids?  50p evening only or small cups.

Car parking charges were good.

Health & Safety.

27. Wicksteed inspection delayed to August. 

28. Agreed to revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.              Action DP

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in May/June.                                                    Action VH

30. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector running out of batteries.  Electrical reading above.                                              Action DP

31. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, SW, VT.                                                  Action DP

32. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Teak oil benches.  DP’s done.  Oil at rec.                                                      Action DP

Any Other Business

33. The Friday night pump track gathering had not happened, despite VH providing drinks!

34. Coleford have asked for permission to use our pump track for an event to raise funds for their own.  DP to ask about arrangements for water, loos, power.  No objection was seen subject to:                                                                                                                                         Action DP

a.    LoM kids to be included

b.    Not to clash with cricket

c.    No alcohol

d.    Helmets to be compulsory.

35. Dog poo.

a.    The PC had suggested providing bags.  It was agreed not to have them, because the small minority of irresponsible owners who abuse the field would probably not use them, and all responsible dog owners have them anyway.

b.    SW had researched Dog Control Orders.  The PC can no longer create them, and it was agreed that MDC were unlikely to be helpful, but the PC were asked to pursue it anyway.  Enforcement would be very difficult indeed.

36. Moles.  It was agreed to go pay half towards another mole campaign with the cricket club.                                                                                                                                      Action VH

37. The committee thanked Jenny, who has thoroughly cleaned the bar/kitchen area of the clubhouse, much needed.  She also proposed to update the furniture.  It was agreed that that would be great, if we can afford it, and it was suggested that she give some options with costs.              Action VH

38. VH and presumably FH were thanked for redecorating the main toilet, which now looks very good.

39. The annual fun cricket match will be on 27 Aug.

Date of next meeting Mon 11 Sept at 7.30 at the rec