Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 11 September 2017

 

Present:   Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, Simon Wolf, David Pattison

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The committee wished Vicky T a speedy recovery from her illness. 

2.    The minutes of the meeting held on 24 July were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

3.    SHED & doorway waterproofing.  The CC had confirmed that the quote we had was excessive.  Matt Bennett had offered to ask his father in law, but no response yet.  SW will ask his plasterer to give a quote.                                                                                                                               Action SW

4.    SP had blocked up the door near the bar store, including providing the blocks.  Many thanks.                                                                                                                                          

FLOWER MEADOW

5.    The Somerset Wildlife noticeboard is in place. Meadow to be cut when it is dry enough.                                                                                                                                          Action VH

JOBS

6.    Sand at back of shed.  VH to offer it to Matt.                                                             Action VH

7.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                             

8.    Install new rubbish bin.                                                                                        

9.    New front doors.  Not now.

10. Guttering at rear of clubhouse is broken.  DNP had bought the materials and fitted them.

11. Replace outside socket.                                                                                               Action AD

Football  Nil

Finance:

12. Electricity meter reading was 27702, usage 103 units (6 weeks).

13. DNP had paid for the guttering & Wicksteed inspection, current balance £4689.

14. DNP had decided to change the electricity supplier to SSE to save money.  VH agreed to take a reading on 30 Sept.  DNP to provide details                                                      Action DNP/VT

15. VAT return done.  Deregistering for VAT done.  One final return (up to 10 Aug) due.  DNP to provide data.                                                                                                                          Action VB/DNP

16. DNP had raised the first invoice on the cricket club.  No response.  Agreed to raise the second one, which is now due, to Steve Phelps, copy to Barry Gould.                                      Action DNP

17. VH passed over £160 donation from the bowls club, a very generous gesture, and £154.50 profit from the fun cricket.

Cricket Club 

18. Nil

Fund Raising

Mnth

Bonus Ball No.

Amnt

Winner 1

Paid by

Paid from

Winner 2

Paid by

Paid from

Sept

37

£20

David & Joan

VH

Whist

Frank & Vicky

VH

Whist

Oct

55

£20

Wendy & Des Worley

DP

Bonus Club takings

David Hartshorn

DP

Bonus Club takings

Nov

27

£20

Maureen Chubb

VH

Whist

Vicky & Frank

VH

Whist

Dec

31

£20

June Brewster

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Guy Bryant

VB

Whist + Wreath making

Jan

38

£20

Matthew & Catherine

VH

Whist

Nil

-

-

Feb

22

£30

Chris & Anna Higgins 

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Mar

21

£20

Jane Elliott

VH

DNP

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

VH

DNP

Apr

14

£20

Rod & Sue Camborne

Not yet?

DNP

Julie Davidson

VH

DNP

May

30

£20

David & Joan Pattison

DNP

DNP

Mac & Sue at the OLD POST HOUSE.

VH

DNP

June

48

£20

Graham Harris

VH

DNP

Peter Westcombe

VH

DNP

July

6

£20

Matt

VH

DNP

Nil

 

 

Aug

27

£30

Maureen Chubb

VH

DNP

Vicky & Frank

VH

DNP

Sept

8

£20

Bryan Johnson

VH

DNP

Bren Wigmore

VH

DNP

 

19. Wreath Making.  VT to book hall for Sun 10 Dec.

 

 

20. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

 

21 July

18 Aug

15 Sept

20 Oct

VH

DP

AD

TW

21. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

22. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  Next meeting 25 Oct 17.

Health & Safety.

23. Wicksteed inspection completed.  No high items.  VH to bring report to next meeting and e mail to DP.

24. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

Regular Items

25. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in July/Aug.                                                      Action VH

26. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector battery replaced.  Electrical reading above.                                                              Action DP

27. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, CC promotion, Wreath Making, dogs on leads.                                                                                                                                         Action DP

28. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Teak oil benches.  DP’s done.  Oil still at rec.                                               Action TW

Any Other Business

29. Dog poo.  There are some new dog walkers, not using leads.  Possibly from the new houses.  SW agreed to raise the subject of welcome pack with the PC, including this subject. 

30. Moles.  It was agreed to go pay half towards another mole campaign with the cricket club. No action yet.                                                                                                                                    Action VH

31. Jenny had proposed to update the furniture and had been asked to give some options with costs.  Jenny had been unwell.                                                                                              Action VH

32. The annual fun cricket match was a success.

33. DP to renew insurance.                                                                                                Action DP

34. Matt has offered another large picnic table which is surplus to his requirements.  It was agreed to accept, but a working party will be needed to move it.                                            Action VH

Date of next meeting Mon 9 Oct at 7.30 at the Bell