Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 9 October 2017

 

Present:   Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Simon Wolf, David Pattison, Vicky Trundle (part time)

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Vanessa Barnes

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 11 Sept were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    SHED & doorway waterproofing.  The CC had confirmed that the quote we had was excessive.  Matt Bennett has been reminded to ask his father in law, but no response yet.  SW will ask his plasterer to give a quote.                                                                                                                   Action SW

FLOWER MEADOW

3.    Meadow has been cut and cuttings removed.  DP to check next maintenance actions –

August – November - Continue cutting.  Cut and remove grass as needed, keeping the grass below 10cm in height and short through winter.

April / early May - Cut the grass.  Cut the grass (grass height around 5-7cm max), removing the cut grass.

                                                                                                                                                Action VH

JOBS

4.    Sand at back of shed.  VH has offered it to Matt.                                                     Action VH

5.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                             

6.    Install new rubbish bin.                                                                                        

7.    New front doors.  Not now.

8.    Replace outside socket.                                                                                               Action AD

Football  Nil

Finance:

9.    Electricity meter reading was 27728, usage 26 units.

10. Bowls and fun cricket income has been paid in.  Electric bill paid.  Current account balance £5431.

11. The change to SSE electricity supply has been done.

12. VAT  DNP has provided the data.  Final return?                                                     Action VB

Cricket Club 

13. Steve Phelps, chairman of the Cricket Club attended for this part.  They had been under the impression that fees would be waived for this year in view of their building the new shed, but this had never been agreed by RFMC. 

14. After some discussion it was agreed to halve the fees for the year.  VH to propose this to the CC.

15. SP also agreed to move the practice nets to the car park, and to keep them there outside the cricket season, because they prevent the mowing of that part of the field.  In season, they will be kept on the square.

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

 

a.    New bonus club year:  All lists and monies were passed to DP, who will check them, issue the new list and pass the money to DNP.                                                            Action DP

16. Wreath Making.  VB booked hall for Sun 10 Dec, included in Parish Mag, no details.

17. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

 

20 Oct

17 Nov

15 Dec

20 Jan

TW

DP

VH

 

18. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

19. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  Next meeting 25 Oct 17.

Health & Safety.

20. Wicksteed inspection.   No high items. 

a.    Cradle swing chain.  VH/FH to get a price.                                                   Action VH

b.    Tile gaps.  It was agreed to seek quotes for a permanent solution, rather than waste about £600 on temporary fixes.                                                                                  Action VH

c.    Lose material and projecting pipe in bowl of skate park.  It was agreed that the “loose material” is necessary for drainage and an essential part of the design, as is the pipe.  It was agreed to get more gravel to cover the pipe.

d.    Unspecified concern re trees near play area.  Agreed to trim them at a suitable time.

21. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

Regular Items

22. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in July/Aug.                                                      Action VH

23. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector is defective.  Electrical reading above.                                                                           Action DP

24. AD to get new CO detector                                                                                           Action AD

25. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Wreath Making.                                    Action DP

26. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Teak oil benches.  DP’s done.  Oil still at rec.                                               Action TW

Any Other Business

27. The PC have updated the welcome pack. 

28. Moles.  It was agreed to go pay half towards another mole campaign with the cricket club. In the spring.

29. Jenny had proposed to update the furniture and had been asked to give some options with costs.  Jenny is unwell.                                                                                                             Action VH

30. DP to renew insurance (due December).                                                                  Action DP

31. Matt’s  large picnic table has been moved, but needs repainting.  Spring

32. DNP proposed that a thorough clean up of the bar store be the next project.  It was agreed to

a.    remove all the contents to a changing room, and invite the CC/SC to dispose of their stuff as they see fit, no cricket gear to be in bar store.

b.    Boxes for the spare glasses were proposed (PS, DP has found the website, they are about £20 each, depending on size).

c.    Fridge to be moved to kitchen area.

Date of next meeting Mon 13 6 Nov at 7.30 at the Bell