Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 6 November 2017

 

Present:   Alan Dagger, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, Simon Wolf, Denis Pattison (part time), David Pattison,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 9 Oct were agreed and signed.

PUMP TRACK PROJECT

2.    The shed and doorway have been rendered.  DNP had paid £850 to Scholefield.  There had been vandal damage to both coats, which needs to be repaired before painting.  FH requested cement.                                                                                                                                    Action FH

3.    It needs to dry before it is painted.

FLOWER MEADOW

4.    Maintenance actions added to “year at a glance”

JOBS

5.    Sand at back of shed.  Matt doesn’t want it. What to do with it?

6.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                             

7.    Install new rubbish bin.                                                                                        

8.    New front doors.  Not now.

9.    Replace outside socket.                                                                                               Action AD

10. VH/FH had cleared the gutters. 

11. Jenny had proposed to update the furniture and had been asked to give some options with costs.  Jenny is unwell.                                                                                                             Action VH

12. Matt’s  large picnic table has been moved, but needs repainting.  Spring

13. DNP proposed that a thorough clean up of the bar store be the next project.  It was agreed to

a.    remove all the contents to a changing room, and invite the CC/SC to dispose of their stuff as they see fit, no cricket gear to be in bar store.  CC had identified the items they wish to retain.                                                                                                                                Action VH

b.    It was agreed to use available plastic boxes and wrapping to store glasses.

c.    Fridge to be moved to kitchen area/bar.

d.    Working Party 3 Dec at 10am.

Football  Nil

Finance:

14. Electricity meter reading was 27757, usage 29 units.

15. Bank balance at end Oct was £5696

16. VAT   The final return has been completed. 

Cricket Club 

17. The CC have agreed to pay the reduced fee. (Not received on 7/11/17).

18. CC to move the practice nets to the car park.

19. There had been a break in at the cricket shed and two mowers were stolen.  Dave Cox attended the meeting. 

a.    The CC proposed to fit two retractable bollards in front of the shed doors, and requested our agreement, and also half funding (£50).  After debate, this was agreed.  CC will action this week.

b.    There was also debate about other security measures.  It was agreed to extend the clubhouse alarm to the shed, and to add a power supply, underground via an existing gap in the path.                                                                                                                               Action VH

20. Moles.  It was agreed to go pay half towards another mole campaign with the cricket club. In the spring.

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

 

21. Bonus Club money (£1100) has been banked by DNP.

22. Small Society Lottery licence needs to be paid.  DNP to pay Mendip £20

23. Wreath Making.  Sun 10 Dec.  VB requested greenery incl holly.  Also teazels.

24. Whist  

 

ROTA

 

 

17 Nov

15 Dec

20 Jan

 

TW

VH

 

 

25. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards?

Fair  

26. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  Next meeting 25 Oct 17.

27. DP had returned the leftover fair drink except some which had been used in the meantime.  The rec therefore owes the fair £18.45 for 5 red wine, 1 lemonade and 1 apple juice.               Action DNP

28. VH suggested the bellringers may wish to buy some surplus cider.  DP to let DNP know what we have.                                                                                                                                Action DP

Health & Safety.

29. Wicksteed inspection.   No high items. 

a.    Cradle swing chain.  VH/FH to get a price.                                                   Action VH

b.    Tile gaps.  VH had requested 3 quotes for resurfacing.  FH pointed out that regular maintenance is needed to prevent slipperiness on any surface.  Add to “year at a glance”.                                                                                                                          Action DP

c.    Lose material and projecting pipe in bowl of skate park.  It was agreed that the “loose material” is necessary for drainage and an essential part of the design, as is the pipe.  It was agreed to trim the pipe.                                                                                                       Action DP

d.    Unspecified concern re trees near play area.  Agreed to trim them at a suitable time.

30. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

Regular Items

31. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept.                                                             Action VH

32. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector is defective.  One smoke detector battery replaced.  Electrical reading above.                  Action DP

33. AD to fit new CO detector                                                                                             Action AD

34. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Wreath Making.                                    Action DP

35. Review annual list of jobs. 

Any Other Business

36. DP has received the insurance renewal notice and is getting another quote   Action DP

37. It was agreed to start charging for boat storage for ALL boats.  DP to write to the owner of the laser.                                                                                                                                           Action DP

Date of next meeting Mon 11 Dec at 7.30 at the Bell