Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 12 February 2018

 

Present:   Alan Dagger, Vicky Higgins, Simon Wolf, Denis Pattison, David Pattison,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Trevor Wells, Vanessa Barnes, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 8 Jan were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Vandal damage to both coats needs to be repaired before painting.  FH requested cement. It needs to dry before it is painted.  Spring time.

3.    VH reported that the shed roof is shedding water on to the path and staying there, and that the walls are staying wet for lengthy periods.  It was agreed that guttering is necessary, but it is not obvious where to send the water.  In the long term, all the water from the clubhouse and shed could be diverted to a storage tank for the allotments.  Later.

4.    Sand at back of shed.  No response to Parish Mag.  Agreed to spread it in the car park.

5.    Fix curb at entrance.                                                                                             

6.    Install new rubbish bin.                                                                                        

7.    Replace outside socket, upgrade lighting the path to the clubhouse, fit new smoke detector, move CO alarm (all items have been acquired).                                                                        Action AD

8.    Jenny had proposed to update the furniture and had been asked to give some options with costs.  The committee wished Jenny well. 

9.    Matt’s large picnic table has been moved, but needs repainting.  Spring

10. Extend the clubhouse alarm to the shed, and a power supply.

11. Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

12. Bench near pedestrian gate has been moved to changing room to dry out. Michael Wainwright has very kindly volunteered to fix it.                                                                                   Action DP

Bar store

13. The meeting to decide the new layout decided:

a.    Both fridges are now in the bar, on a new platform to raise their tops to bar height.  Fridges to be labelled.                                                                                                          Action DP

Bar store (1250 wide)

b.    Room now painted and looking good.

c.    Wooden tables and chairs to be stored at end.

d.    New flooring – lino type on top of tiles.

e.    Stop tap eased. 

f.     Kitchen type wall cupboards to be fitted above tables/chairs, to hold RFMC drinks, glasses.  Agreed Wickes cupboards.                                                                              Action DP

g.    Hoover and other cleaning equipment to be stored at bar end.

h.    It was agreed to fit a plastic cap on the hole in the floor.                            Action FH

Old door area (900 wide)

i.      End wall to be lined (1 of 8 by 4), batten needed on LHS.                         Action DP

j.      Heavy CC drink to remain.

k.    Wall cupboards or shelves above.                                                                  Action DP

l.      Plastic glasses now in Youth Club cupboard.

Football  Nil

Finance:

14. Electricity meter reading was 27987, usage 76 units.  (some heating used when painting).

15. Bank balance was £4260.  Boiler service and water bill paid..

16. VH had paid BC prizes, but only £20 each, from whist money.  DNP passed VH £20 to top up prizes to £30 for rollover.                                                                                                          Action VH

17. 2017 auditor –Richard Blunden has been away                                                     Action DNP

Cricket Club 

18. CC to move the practice nets to the car park.

19. CC to fit two retractable bollards in front of the shed doors.

20. It was agreed to send the amended CC agreement to Steve Phelps by E mail, also mentioning the nets.                                                                                                                          Action DP

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

Dec

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Jan

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

Feb

 

£30

Ian Phelps

Matt & Cathy Bennett

 

21. Whist  

ROTA

16 Feb

16 Mar

20 Apr

 

AD

VH

TW?

 

22. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? DP to top up wine stock.                                                                                                                                                Action DP

Fair  

23. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018. 

Health & Safety.

24. Wicksteed inspection.   No high items. 

a.    Cradle swing chain.  Waiting for Wicksteed .                                               Action VH

b.    Tile gaps.  VH had 3 quotes for resurfacing.  Lift the tiles, clean underneath and relay, at a working party.                                                                                                     Action ALL

c.    Trees over play area to be removed / trimmed  It was agreed to call a working party for 18 March to deal with several trees.  FH agreed to ask for some equipment.  DP to publicise.                                                                                 Action FH/DP/ALL

25. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

26. Fire risk review.  DNP volunteered to assist.                                                            Action DP

Future development of the rec

27. The Parish Council purchase of additional land for the rec is going ahead, and MDC have indicated agrement.

28. ALLOTMENTS  The PC has set up an Allotment Steering Group and VH volunteered to be the RFMC rep.

29. EXTENDED PLAY AREA  VH has asked for designs and quotes from various companies, no response yet.

30. PC are extending the mowing contract.                                                                    Action SW

31. It was agreed to allocated the £500 potential grant from the PC for 2017 to refurbishing the play area.                                                                                                                                            Action SW

Regular Items

32. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Jan.                                                               Action VH

33. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector is in wrong place!.  One smoke detector missing!  Electrical reading above.                      Action AD

34. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, AGM.                                                                               Action DP

35. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Water stop tap turned off except during opening hours and football matches.  See jobs.

b.    Do end of year accounts and sent to auditor. In hand

c.    Set date for AGM in April and put in Parish Mag for Feb and March - 9 April.

d.    Check fire extinguishers                                                                                  Action DP

Any Other Business

36. Coleford PC “Pump Track Marathon” was a success.

37. The boiler service resulted in a quote for £307 for replacing for a leaky gas valve.  It was agreed to go ahead.                                                                                                                              Action VH

Date of next meeting Mon 12 March at 7.30 at the Bell